Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a job when DS was 14mo for two days a week. Still do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but not strictly because I wanted to and not strictly for financial reasons. Combination of both and other factors too!
    I do find it hard as I work full time but I am happy with the arrangement we have which is 3 days a week childcare 2 with grandparents and my daughter absolutely loves it.

As for not being with my child, I spend loads of time with her (say 2 hours every morning and 4 every evening plus all weekends and public holidays and annual leave. If she is unwell I have sick leave too) and I make sure I spend quality time playing, reading, talking, hugging. On weekends we garden and go to the playground. She actually never watches TV and she was getting bored at home and needed the stimulation of other kids at childcare.

I personally find it easier having her in blocks of time as she is very very active. The downside to all of this is that DH and I are very tired as we still have to fit in the housework, cooking etc around work and family time but we manage

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work when at 7months after birth for my 1st & 2nd child. I'd love to go back to work but don't see the point when child care fees just keep on going up. For me having 3 kids in cc will cost me $75 per child we are not entitled to any extra rebate apart from the 50 percent rebate meaning I am out of pocket of $112.50 per day.... to pay for it. I would love to go back but not worth it with these high cc rates. It makes me more annoyed when some people brag that they pay $10 per day with a duel income. No fair

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be going back to work when bub is about a year old.

I would love to stay home until they are about 2-3 years old, but it really isn't financially possible at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DD I went back to work when she was 12 weeks old. I had pnd and needed the space.

With DS I took 12 months off my job and then ultimately resigned. When he was 16 months old he started going to daycare 2 days a week and I picked up 3 days a week of flexible volunteer work (the third day he is with my sister)....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back part time when they reached 18 months for 2 days per week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had to for financial reasons. I am on Mat leave so I have to go back to work for at least 15 months, otherwise I have to pay my mat leave back.... Although I can go back for 12 months, have another child and go on mat leave again (but then have to return to work for 15 months again)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. DH and I have both decided that I stay home as long as possible. We are going without a lot of luxuries in order to afford it but that is our opportunity cost of our decision. I admire working mums and how much it takes for them to work in and out of the home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went back to work when DD was 4 months old. I was in need of adult conversation in a big way I'm very lucky though as I work for my families business and get to take DD with me. So far I do 3 days a week. I'm not sure when it will go back to 5 yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work part time when DD was about 8 weeks old. DH had just started uni full time and I had a flexible workplace where I could do short 3 hour shifts initially while DH looked after DD. I gradually increased the hours I worked and was back to full time when she was 14 months.
    It was a financial choice as I had much higher earning potential than DH while he was studying, but also I enjoy my work and the mental stimulation that it gives me.
    With DS I went back 1 day a week when he was about 12 weeks, this time with my mum and DH looking after him.
    Now DH is working full time I work 30 hours a week, DD and DS are in child care 2 days a week and my mum looks after them 2 days