Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. There was no other option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With our current situation I'd have 54wks paid maternity leave (at 1/2pay) so will definitely be a SAHM during this time. After that I'm unsure, my job will be held until the last child's 5th birthday but for my profession I need to have no more than a 3year gap in practice to maintain registration plus I enjoy and have worked hard for my job. I'd consider going back a day or two a week after the first year or two.

Finances aren't a consideration, more career and family balance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back two days a week when ds was 7 months and loved it. Gave me a break from how tiring being a full time mum is. My mum looked after him on these days.

Since moving to Australia 5 months ago i am back at work full time and hubby stays home. He does so well and definitely has the harder job! I can earn more than him hence this arrangement. Absolutely don't mind as he does just as good job as me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I returned to work after 2 weeks ago after 12 mths paid leave. I love being a mum but I also love my work and can quite easily manage both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, after 9 months with ds. Started working 6 weeks after dd was born, stopped at 8 months as dh started fifo, now working 1 day a week and from home, about 20 hours a week

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep. Started back when DD3 was 8 months. Only 2 days per week and she stays home with her Daddy or Nana. Emotionally I was ready to step away from the lack of appreciation for Mummy being at home (worked full time prior to DD3). I love smelling nice all day. Wearing white. Drinking a full coffee while it is HOT. Finishing meals. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep. Started back when DD3 was 8 months. Only 2 days per week and she stays home with her Daddy or Nana. Emotionally I was ready to step away from the lack of appreciation for Mummy being at home (worked full time prior to DD3). I love smelling nice all day. Wearing white. Drinking a full coffee while it is HOT. Finishing meals. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    SAHM till school

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    Did you go back (or are you planning to go back) to work after you had children?

(Lets say whilst your child is under 2 years old)

Did you want to - for your own sanity or career aspirations? Had to (for financial reasons)?
    Were happy to stay at home and care for your child(ren)?
    Couldn't go back to work because you couldn't find or couldn't afford the childcare?

Let us know!
    Back to work a month before ds turned 2. Sanity AND career aspirations. Loved staying home with ds but needed adult conversation etc. DH is a sahd because it doesn't make financial sense for both of us to work and pay for childcare. Will be back at work probably 3-6 months after the next one because of maternity leave unless DH decides he wants to work while I'm on unpaid maternity leave for a year.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD i went back to work when she was 4 months old to finish my apprenticeship, but had a break once i had been signed out before working somewhere else for 6 months, then DH started working FIFO and i didnt think it was fair, she was still so little to not have dad around and mum always working so had nearly 12 months off before going stir crazy and then i opened my own buisness, which was too full on-i wasnt paying myself as it wasnt going as well as i had hoped yet still paying close to $300 a week childcare so after 12 months of that we sold the shop and now she is 3.5 and i am working 3 days a week and she is in childcare.

For us, its mostly more beneficial for me to be at home, i get paid about $400 a week and CC is $280 BUT i love my job, i love being in there and its still s bit of extra cash to save.

DD is also a much better kid when shes in kindy, she gets so bored being at home with me and i hate it, i need adult conversation, when number 2 is here i plan on taking a few months off but still go back to work casually.