+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default R u seeing Dr. Antony Lighten?

Hi

My GP referred me to see Dr. Antony Lighten at Bella Vista Clinic.

Is anyone out there currently under his guidance? I just want to know if he's worth seeing. This is my first time seeing a FS..was seeing a gyne before but she retired now...

Anyway I'm not really into IVF at the moment and would want to go to the less invasive/less expensive route to conceive...

Can someone tell me how much is his consultation fee?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Antony Lighten - Fantastic

Hi there,
    Just to let you know - I am seeing Dr Lighten and in my opinion he is fantastic.
    I have been to other clinics and have had unsuccesful IVF cycles.
    When I went to Dr Lighten - he did very thorough investigation and has uncovered some problems which I have. Other doctors did not know what to test for!!!!
    Now that these problems are know - we can tailor the attempts and use the appropriate treatment, and I am feeling much more confident.
    Dr Lighten is very busy - and it can take some time to get an appointment - but it is worth the wait as he is so up with all the latest research and he has a very high success rate (one of, if not the highest at Sydney IVF).
    I have my fingers crossed for our upcoming attempt.
    MsCurlyGirl
    Last edited by MsCurlyGirl; 11-09-2011 at 00:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am looking at making an appointment with Dr. Lighten.

Just wondering if either of you ladies [or anyone else] had any stories you can share about your experience with him.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey bebehvala,
    I would say that Dr Ligten is fantastic - and highly recommend him.
    He is very thorough - but also caring and willing to listen to your thoughts and concerns.
    My last FET done earlier this year at another IVF clinic with our last frozen blasty was done using an approach suggested by Dr Lighten (using aspirin and Clexane to address problems diagnosed through Dr Lightens testing process). This transfer was successful - chem pregnancy - but I later miscarried.
    I called Dr Lightens secretary to let her know and pass on the message to Dr Lighten when i got pregnant (she was thrilled).
    I also called when I miscarried, as I was planning to come in and see Dr Lighten for us to plan an IVF cycle with him. She was very caring.
    Dr Lighten called me personally when the message of my miscarriage was passed onto him. Very caring.

I cannot recommend Dr Lighten highly enough.

PS: There has been alot in the press this week about the sucess rates at Sydney IVF - which have almost doubled in the last 2 years in under 40s women, and also increased significantly (but not doubled) in 40+ women.
    Last edited by MsCurlyGirl; 11-09-2011 at 00:23.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MsCurlyGirl For This Useful Post:

bebehvala  (04-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wanted to update this thread in case anyone comes along this and needs more opinions on Dr. Lighten.

He is amazing, and has such an incredible bedside manner - and has a joke when appropriate too.

def worth seeing him and paying a few $$ extra.

to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my name is Kristy I'm 23 years 5 foot and my weight is 110kgs. Myself and my husband have been trying to get pregnant but I have pcos. My husband made a appointment to see dr lighten. However I was reading on a website that alot of doctors wont see obese patients for ivf.. I don't know if I should cancel the appointment to save the embrassement or rejection =(.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristy1990, I just wanted to respond to your post as I'm also under the care of Dr Lighten at the moment. My husband and I found him to be very nice and to the point. He is a big proponent of ivf having a greater chance of success if we have a normal BMI. I was a couple of kilos over, nothing too great, and he still wanted me to see his dietitian. I ummed and ahhhed about this but finally decided to do it, and haven't looked back. His dietitian is great and gave me a very nice and doable meal plan, and the weight has be coming off with very little effort.

I wanted to encourage you to keep your appt with Dr Lighten as he has a very high success rate and I believe that if we are paying so much for ivf, a little bit of time spent getting our body right prior to cycling will give us better chances of conceiving a successful pregnancy. I wish you the best of luck!!