+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Would you tell anyone that you won lotto?

I saw a friends FB status today saying that her neighbour won lotto and she hopes he buys her something.

This got me wondering, would you tell ppl you won lotto?

I definitely would not. Of course I would want to share it but I think a lot of people would have expectations for you to buy them things. I would just want to save it rather then blow it all in a month.

Anyone else feel the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I wouldn't.

The only people I would tell would be my parents and the in-laws and that would be it.

We would still live the same but slowly buy new things so it didn't look so obvious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd only tell my Mum, brother and sister, and DHs family if they could keep it to themselves.

There's no way I would announce it to the world (on facebook). I'd want to share it, but not actually tell where it came from or how much I won.

Fat chance though, I don't ever buy a ticket.

ETA: If I knew someone that won, I wouldn't expect them to buy me anything, (unless it was DH)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If it was a large amount i would not be telling anyone (except very close family maybe).
    I wouldn't want people trying to get a piece of it or changing the way they treat me - i would keep it a secret to avoid that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    NUP - I'd tell NO-ONE!!!! and if I only won a small amount - say less than $10,000 I probably wouldn't tell MOTH even

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've always said I would only tell my DH & younger sister (because I would be giving her a portion of it). I might tell my Dad as well, but I would be hestitant to tell many others, and I certainly wouldn't tell friends

DH's friend won the lotto last year, and everyone harassed him for money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't tell a soul. I'd just buy my mum a house and then send her there lol she could find out that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think I would tell anyone exp my mum and dad but even my dad would expect me to get him stuff.
    I can't believe some people are so rude as to just expect stuff I would expect anything if a neighbour or friend won lotto I'd just be happy for them.

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    No, Nope, No flipping way!

If I had the fortune to win the lotto (should buy a ticket eh?)

I would be keeping it quiet, not letting people know (except maybe those super close to me like my mum and dad). Why leave yourself open to having your children abducted because someone wants a ransom?

Maybe I watch to much TV or to many Movies, but the though of it actually scares me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would keep it very secret. Money causes so many issues in relationships with family and friends, so some things are best kept private....