+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Just a quick update. Hubby and I posted our kit off this morning. We were very excited and nervous all in one. I guess we just wait to hear back.

Take care everyone,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles
    Congrats! how much do you pay the biological family and are you having an open adoption?
    Chelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chellepearl View Post
    Hi Bubbles
    Congrats! how much do you pay the biological family and are you having an open adoption?
    Chelle

Hi Chelle

I am not sure whether you're in Australia. In Australia there is no payment to Biological families. Any fee paid is for the processing and its paid to state government (At least in Queensland for local adoption-which is the process that myself and my partner are currently engaged in).

Cheers Gidget1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gidget for info Good luck with all that! Seems awfully rough for the bio mum not even a payment for giving up all her family heritage to some strangers. I am writing a book on the subject.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I am just new to this forum and have been trying to find out as much as I can on local adoption and PC. I am based in regional Vic and have contacted our local Adoption agency quite a few times now trying to get referred to an information session. They do not run the information sessions locally so will have to attend one in Melbourne. A few weeks has passed and I am still waiting for them to contact me about the info session. Can someone tell me how long I should wait until I ring again or is there a number in Melbourne I should ring directly? I realize this process of adoption is rather long and drawn out without any guarantees of being matched with a child, but it seems that it is difficult to just find out information and no one seems to really know the process in my local area. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Billybob,
    Welcome and good luck with your journey. We are in Victoria too and understand your frustratiion. Unfortunately there is no central number to contact, although the central resource exchange are the ones who ultimately organize things, if you have sent an email that is who it will go to, I believe.
    We waited 2 months to for a PC info session and 8 months for a adoption info session. The confirmation we had that we were allocated a session was an email invite about 3 weeks before. It's been 12 months since we went to the info session and we sent in our paperwork about a month and a half ago so now we are waiting for a case worker. There is a lot of waiting in this process 😊.
    It doesn't hurt to call your local agency and check how things are going though.
    Good luck again and keep looking forward to your goal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much your response Walhalla.

Congrats on getting all your paperwork in and I hope you are allocated a social worker soon.

I realize this is only the beginning of our frustrations for this path. I just cant believe how hard it has been to just be referred to an information session. We first made contact about 6 weeks ago asking to have our names put on the list for the info session, it has take 3 phone calls and I am still not sure if it has been done. It would just be nice to receive some acknowledgment that they have received the referral and that we will be contacted at a later stage. I realize there will be a waiting list before we can attend but would like to know that our names are actually on that list.

We still have a few months to wait before our 6 months will be complete since our last IVF attempt. I am probably just being inpatient, the last 5-6 years there has just been so much waiting. I guess that is something I will have to get used to and just try and enjoy life without the stresses of TTC.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billybob1 View Post
    Hi all,

I am just new to this forum and have been trying to find out as much as I can on local adoption and PC. I am based in regional Vic and have contacted our local Adoption agency quite a few times now trying to get referred to an information session. They do not run the information sessions locally so will have to attend one in Melbourne. A few weeks has passed and I am still waiting for them to contact me about the info session. Can someone tell me how long I should wait until I ring again or is there a number in Melbourne I should ring directly? I realize this process of adoption is rather long and drawn out without any guarantees of being matched with a child, but it seems that it is difficult to just find out information and no one seems to really know the process in my local area. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi billybob and welcome,
    I'm in Vic too and we now have a little baby girl who we have adopted. We were pretty lucky I think with timings and managed to get onto a permanent care and adoption session a few months after my enquiry. Hang in there! It's all worth it.

From memory, they have a list of the upcoming sessions in each region listed on the DHS website. Don't know if this helps http://www.dhs.vic.gov.au/__data/***...edule-2013.doc

Like I said, hang in there and stay positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi billybob,

I understand your frustration with continuing the waiting game after IVF, especially when you want to leave IVF behind and get on with your life. We first called DHS to inquire about the information session, but being the end of the 2012 year, there were no more sessions and the 2013 dates had not yet been scheduled, so we had to wait a few months for them to be organised. It could be a similar situation at the moment.

Just keep being persistent to stay on their radar.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Bubbles 152;7490078]Hi billybob,

I understand your frustration with continuing the waiting game after IVF, especially when you want to leave IVF behind and get on with your life.

Hi Billybob,

Although I wrote this line which is quite on the negative side, we have actually found the process so far rather smooth. The department calls back when we leave messages and email when they say they will. As I mentioned, it was a little slow to start because 2013 dates weren't set at the time, but once they were, we attended both the info and triaining session within three months of each other.

We have actually found this whole process rather exciting and it has brought us renewed hope. I'm also grateful to have found this forum which is full of support and optimism!

Just keep calling your local office on a regular basis and they will remember you.

Take care,

Bubbles