+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

We attended our training sessions and found them to be just as Sam described. The whole experience was great!

In a couple of weeks we need to call our office to have the kit sent out. I'm wondering how others have presented their life stories. Do couples tend to use a word document or photo books? I would love any suggestions or ideas.

Take care,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I am so happy to have stumbled on this thread. My husband and I posted our adoption application today, so we start the wait for a social worker. It is a year since we went to our information session and 5 years since we started trying to have a family. But reading about the recent additions to your families gives me hope. Thank you. I'm sure your little bundles are giving you so much joy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi All,

We attended our training sessions and found them to be just as Sam described. The whole experience was great!

In a couple of weeks we need to call our office to have the kit sent out. I'm wondering how others have presented their life stories. Do couples tend to use a word document or photo books? I would love any suggestions or ideas.

Take care,

Bubbles
    Hi Bubbles,

Great to hear you are progressing. We weren't overly creative with our life stories just completing in Word format. I hope alls well

Cheers Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla View Post
    Hi All,
    I am so happy to have stumbled on this thread. My husband and I posted our adoption application today, so we start the wait for a social worker. It is a year since we went to our information session and 5 years since we started trying to have a family. But reading about the recent additions to your families gives me hope. Thank you. I'm sure your little bundles are giving you so much joy
    Hi Walhalla,

So sorry to hear about your struggles these last few years. Wishing you all the best. My husband and I have said for a long time now that choosing to go down this path was the best decision of our lives (apart from getting married of course! )

All the best, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mack's. We are feeling quite positive about our decision. We just know we still have a long road ahead of us. It's scary and exciting at the same time.
    Bubbles we sent our life stories as a word document as well. It was epic. I felt like we were writing a novel 😊. I'll let you know if we get any feedback on how we wrote it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Walhalla,

Welcome to the site. It must have been a big moment posting off your application after all that time and hard work. I hope the next stage goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks to both you and Macks for getting back to me on your life stories. We have decided to present it on a Word document as well. It's far too much text for a photo book. It wasn't until I started writing, that I realised it was never going to fit in a photo book format, like the ones you can create online. It certainly is like writing a novel!

Take care all,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!
    Glad to hear things are moving along for you Bubbles, and welcome to the forum Walhalla Its such an exciting time Good Luck with the process and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
    Quick update from me... We have a panel date! woo hoo It's on the 25th of September. We have finished or interviews and home inspection just waiting on the report to be sent to us for a read through. I will touch base again after panel hopefully with good news! I'm so nervous...

Hope everyone is well.

Take care

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gusandmeg For This Useful Post:

Mybuby  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone!
    Wow Ive just gone through the exercise of reading through everyone's posts on this topic, which I started back in May 2010! I do receive regular updates on the post and I cant help but smile to hear that like us, so many of you have had such great success with the Local Adoption Program in victoria!
    I just wanted to touch base again and to encourage those who are still waiting and going through the process. There have been some significant numbers popping up over the last 2-3 years, so to those of you feeling like you're in a lull, I sincerely hope you'll be encouraged by the numbers.
    To those of you who have been blessed with a bubba, CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Just an update on us: our darling daughter is now 19months old and is going through a language explosion at the moment. She continues to be the most beautiful and amazing little person on earth and we fall in love with her all over every day.
    The journey is long, and sometimes feels lonely - I know first hand..but just wanted to let those of you know that there is HOPE. There is always HOPE!!

If you have any questions at all, please drop me a line, either on here via the public forum, or PM.

Gosia
    xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your panel date gusandmeg. What an exciting time.
    As I said earlier we sent off our application pack last weekend. We've already been contact for some more information they wanted and a couple of our referees have received letters? It feels like progress. I'm hoping it's a good sign. Can anyone let me know about their experience after sending everything in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Gusandmeg!! Great news. Will be thinking of you on the 25th! Such a happy day.
    Gosia, well said.. I agree, there are so many good news stories and it's important to remain hopeful because it does happen! Your little one sounds like a darling. Nothing better than seeing them grow and thrive and your baby girl talking would be such an exciting step.

Walhalla, I found after putting the paperwork in the toughest part of the wait for some reason. For me, it was as if we had done all of the paperwork and medicals, and checks and interviews and then you are waiting for the agency to get to you. It was about a three month wait before we were placed with a case worker. I made sure they didn't forget me and would call them monthly to see how things were going. I was worried about annoying them but then I figured at least we would be top of mind (if not for the wrong reasons!! ) and they didn't seem to mind. Squeaky wheel gets the grease maybe......

Our little baby girl is now seven months and we are still pinching ourselves that we found eachother. She is just adorable and now has her second toothy peg coming through - makes that gorgeous smile even cuter!

Keep the posts coming. Always great to hear from others

Cheers, Macks x