+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles 152
    We haven't been placed with a child ever yet. We have been approved for Victorian adoption but still waiting, well it's only been 4 months since we've been approved. We had our education sessions in October and was assigned a social worker in February/March and approved in April.
    Our 6 year old is our biological child from our IVF journey.
    Our update though (as of yesterday!) is we have been put forward for a baby but the birth mother still has to choose us between two other couples. I won't give details of the baby yet incase it falls through. It's our first link (I think).... I haven't slept much last night at all thinking about our potential new baby and trying not to get excited
    CJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi to everyone on this thread,

I am new to this thread and actually new to posting anything on any forum, so please excuse me if I get it all totally wrong. I was very excited to discover your discussion on the Internet. My husband and I attended the Victorian Infant Adoption information session in May. After seven years of TTC, five failed cycles of IVF and a miscarriage, we have decided to pursue adoption. Having a family is what is important to us. A child to love and care for; so we feel this is the right path for us and we have begun with much hope and enthusiasm.

We recently completed our registration for training forms and are waiting for an invitation to the training sessions. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who is also in this stage of the process? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

Bubbles 152
    P.S. Thanks to all for sharing your stories. It's been nice to read about other people who have shared a similar experience.
    Hi Bubbles,

Welcome welcome! We have been through the process after years of unsuccessful IVF and we felt so much better ending that chapter and moving on to local adoption. We did permanent care and adoption training here in Victoria and were approved last December. April this year we were overjoyed to be placed with a nine week old baby girl. She's been with us for about three months now and I cannot begin to explain the pure joy and love we have for her.

All the best with the training sessions. Exciting to think you have started such a new and exciting path.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JC,

I just wanted to say a very big good luck
    for the matching meeting.

We went through this in March and I could barley
    function waiting to find out if we were selected. I felt
    truly sick and couldn't sleep. I understand and
    all my fingers are crossed for you.

We weren't selected and it devestated us at the time,
    I know just how very hard that cam be. But a good story,
    6 weeks after we missed that selection we got
    THE call and were allocated a gorgeous baby girl.
    I think it is very positive to be in the matching room (
    Or linked as they call it), even if you are not selected.
    Once you are there it means
    they all know your file and I think it is often the case that
    you are allocated soon, even if it is not the first match.

I was crushed after the first almost alocation and really felt
    like it would never happen for us. So I just wanted
    to say whatever happens it is so positive for you, you
    are there in the room being considered

All the best,
    Sam

you are thought of more and a match

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with choc, it's fantastic news that your profile has been put forward! Good Luck CJ I am thinking of you and hope you get the amazing news next week : )

Update from us: we got our social worker today!!! Woo hoo!!! First session is on Tuesday. We are very excited and so glad to be moving again after a long wait. Ill keep you all posted.

Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    100% agree with Sam and GusandMeg. You being short listed means you are on their radar and they are thinking about you which is exactly where you want to be I'm sure. Such exciting times. All the best and I'm hoping for some good news for you

GusandMeg - YAY!!!!! That is terrific news. Must be so nice to get the ball rolling again. Hope it all goes nice and quickly from here. Keep us posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Wow! I'm so excited for everyone, that I don't know where to begin!
    I can't imagine the mix of crazy emotions you must be feeling CJ123 as you try to anticipate the outcome. I hope you get that special bub you have been waiting for.

Thanks Macks for your warm welcome. I read your previous posts before joining this forum. Yes, I did feel like a stalker, so I decided to join. Your posts made me feel better about our decision to put ivf behind us. We had a gorgeous egg donor with the most compassionate heart who was keen to do another cycle for us, but it was me who cancelled it after we went to the adoption information session. It just felt right, but we did wonder if the adoption process would take five or more years, so your story and those of the others on this forum makes us feel an increased confidence in the process and its capacity to run reasonably smoothly.

I do have another question though. We are both 38 years old. My husband will turn 39 later this year. We're keen to know if we are of comparable age or older than the average couple. Does anyone know the average age of couples who are successful with adoption?

Finally, I want to say a huge HOORAY to gusandmeg for being allocated a social worker and the very best of luck on Tuesday. It's great to see things are happening quickly for you.

Take care everyone and chat soon,

Bubbles 152

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles,

We were 36 & 38 for our first adoption and
    Currently 39 & 41 with our second adoption ...
    been together with bub 7 weeks last Wednesday.

And welcome by the way

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles,

When we were placed with our little one I was 36 and my hubby 37. We had many couples in our training and all were around 35 - 45. Our friends who did training with us and were placed recently as well with a little girl were both 40.

Ask as many questions as you like. I recall it was such a help to hear others stories when we started our process.

All the best, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support ladies. No word yet but hopefully will give you an update this week. The birth mother I think was choosing and looking at our profiles over the weekend. Yes Sam, I haven't been functioning very well or sleeping, lol. I am trying not to get attached to this baby though, with the little detail I know. Glad I don't know a name! I totally agree that I feel lucky our file has been put foward at all and if this one doesn't work out then hopefully the next won't be too far away. Sounds terrible of me to talk of these babies like they are numbers but at at the moment I'm not allowing any attachment to a baby until it happens
    My husband will be 40 in December and I'll be turnnig 39 next month. I agree with some others that there were much older couples in the information and training sessions. At the education session I remember one of the speakes/social workers said that birth mother's often will ask for a younger couple but often they're told they're dreaming if they want a young couple, just because of the circumstances why some of us are here.
    GusandMeg congrates again!! Looking forward to hearing about your assessment. Such good news the ball is rolling
    CJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    We had our first interview today and despite being extremely nervous before hand it went really well. We were relieved and exhausted afterwards and looking forward to our individual sessions next week. Our SW is looking at taking us to the August panel!! Yay not long to go.

Night All
    gusandmeg