+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am new to all this and come across this thread a few weeks ago and we are currently waiting for our invitation to our information session. I was hoping someone who had received the application paperwork could send it through so that I have a better understanding of what is involved.
    Reading through all your stories has been both exciting and sad, but it has given us hope after 7 IVF transfers and no luck.
    Thanks,

Mel

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Geting there

Hi everyone
    So info night went amazing!!!
    We put all our paperwork in and due to some health issues theyve sent paperwork to our docts etc for more info
    Hoping to make it to the Nov training sessions wth fingers crossed!!
    Id love to see some of the questions for the life stories too please
    Have fantastic days xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    Hi Sharn,

We are in the local program in Vic. We live in the north.
    We were approved in Dec and our file went on the central database
    in Feb. We waited 11mths for our social worker. But there seemed
    to be a lot of upheaval in our North office and vacant positions
    not filled ... Etc, so the wait may have been longer here.

Well we got a call 10 days ago about a baby girl who had a
    Mild medical condition and asked if we would consider her. Off we
    went to our GP to discus it and then after much consideration
    we said yes to putting our file forward. We then had to wait
    a week for the board meeting to decide on her allocation .
    What a rollercoaster, we were feeling really positive that it would
    be us , as was our social worker.... Because of our experience
    and her medical needs. Anyway , my husband had the afternoon
    off work in Monday ( last week) so we could receive the news together.
    We the board met and 3 hrs later we got the call to say we had not
    been chosen, a very hard call to take. We were feeling
    so sure it was our turn to have good news , and we had bonded
    with her over the weeks wait. I guess we will get better at this
    as time goes on, next time we will try not to take it so seriously and
    not bond with the idea.

I remember hearing at the education that often a coupke of
    Families are put forward each time, but to live it !!!!
    .... For the first few nights after the call I really felt like
    Pulling out of the program, wasn't sure if I could handle the
    rejection again. But we are feeling slightly more ****itive this week,
    .... still recovering from the emotional rollercoaster last week ... But
    not as devastated.

Back to waiting

Sam
    Hi just wondering how things r going with your applications on adpoting. My partner and I where thinking about starting the process and would love to hear how u went

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need Information

Hi everyone. I realize this thread is old but its the first one to come up in my search results. I've found out today that I'm pregnant and for reasons, I cannot keep the baby. I've tried googling how to adopt out a baby but all I'm getting is how to adopt a baby. How do I start the process of adopting out? Thank you for reading this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, after nearly four long years TTC with no success we've decided to try our luck with adoption. I just sent all the forms in yesterday so hopefully we get to go to a training session soon. My main worry is that we might be considered too old by the time we get through the process and onto the list. I am turning 38 next month and my husband is 45. Does anyone know whether that would be an issue at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousMummy View Post
    Hi everyone. I realize this thread is old but its the first one to come up in my search results. I've found out today that I'm pregnant and for reasons, I cannot keep the baby. I've tried googling how to adopt out a baby but all I'm getting is how to adopt a baby. How do I start the process of adopting out? Thank you for reading this.
    Hi AnonymousMummy I don't know what state you live in but there is a little bit of info for Victoria here: http://www.dhs.vic.gov.au/for-indivi...-birth-parents

Others here might know more about contact info for other states. I wish you all the very best xox

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Second adoption!

Hi everyone long time no speak! Everything is great here with our beautiful son who will be turning 3 in a few weeks! It's unbelievable how fast time flies. A catch up for those who missed, after completing the local adoption application and being approved in September 2013 we were very lucky to get "the call" in February 2014 with the news we had a son. Feels like yesterday best day of our lives. He is a delight and we love him more than anything. As soon as we were aloud to, we begin the application to adopt again. To be honest the process was almost the same only difference being our life story only needed an update and was more about how we were going as parents... we got approved again in July 2016 this year (10 weeks ago) and are once again anxiously awaiting "the call" I thought the wait this time would be easier but despite our full hearts and busy days we are still ready and waiting!! So happy to read that Walhalla has a baby congratulations! And big congrats to Macks also for your second baby. So wonderful and happy for you all. Good Luck to everyone in the process, stick at it because it's all worth it. I'll keep you posted!!! xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Staaz View Post
    Hi everyone, after nearly four long years TTC with no success we've decided to try our luck with adoption. I just sent all the forms in yesterday so hopefully we get to go to a training session soon. My main worry is that we might be considered too old by the time we get through the process and onto the list. I am turning 38 next month and my husband is 45. Does anyone know whether that would be an issue at all?
    Hi Staaz,
    Sorry to hear about your four years of what must of been a tough time. We also tried for many years so can appreciate the heartache that it is.
    Not too sure if there are official age "cut offs" for local adoption but we had mostly late 30's and 40's in our adoption training session and my husband and I have just recently adopted. I'm 40 and my husband is 41.
    All the best with this new path to your family.
    Cheers, Macks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmel View Post
    Hi,

I am new to all this and come across this thread a few weeks ago and we are currently waiting for our invitation to our information session. I was hoping someone who had received the application paperwork could send it through so that I have a better understanding of what is involved.
    Reading through all your stories has been both exciting and sad, but it has given us hope after 7 IVF transfers and no luck.
    Thanks,

Mel
    Hi Mel,
    Sorry I no longer have our paperwork but just wanted to wish you all the very best. Cheers, Macks 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinemummy View Post
    Hi everyone
    So info night went amazing!!!
    We put all our paperwork in and due to some health issues theyve sent paperwork to our docts etc for more info
    Hoping to make it to the Nov training sessions wth fingers crossed!!
    Id love to see some of the questions for the life stories too please
    Have fantastic days xxx
    Hi divinemummy, just tried to pm you but was unable to. Are your settings on to receive PM's?
    Cheers, Macks