+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New and Nervous

Hi everyone,
    Ive spent months reading and re reading all your beautiful stories and exciting news.
    Im 31 and have 2 beautiful children chayse 8 and willow 5 (Both aug babies so more like 9 and 6 omg ) and I had to have a full hysterectomy when i was 25 and I just wasnt done having babies. I knew deep inside that I needed 3 babies to feel complete.
    We have our info nite for adoption coming up aug 4 and Im just wondering if anyone else has other children and been successful in adopting, im so nervous that we wouldnt be considered because we have 2 babies already...
    Also what type of things happen at the info nights? and what are the best questions I should ask?
    Thank you guys xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Devinemummy For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinemummy View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Ive spent months reading and re reading all your beautiful stories and exciting news.
    Im 31 and have 2 beautiful children chayse 8 and willow 5 (Both aug babies so more like 9 and 6 omg ) and I had to have a full hysterectomy when i was 25 and I just wasnt done having babies. I knew deep inside that I needed 3 babies to feel complete.
    We have our info nite for adoption coming up aug 4 and Im just wondering if anyone else has other children and been successful in adopting, im so nervous that we wouldnt be considered because we have 2 babies already...
    Also what type of things happen at the info nights? and what are the best questions I should ask?
    Thank you guys xxx
    There are some people on here that have been successful in adopting with other children. We are on the approved list for Qld and we already have a daughter, but haven't been placed yet (haven't been on approved list long). Good luck!
    Not sure about the info nights as we're in Qld.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Info night

Hi divinemummy. Yes I know of people who have their own children and have adopted. That's not an issue. The info night is really great. Lots of info about the process. If you've read this whole thread then you will already know most of what they'll tell you. Good luck with everything. One tip from me, their timelines are way off. We were told at our info night that there's a good chance that we'd be registered in around a year from the info night. Nope. Our info night was last year in May. We're currently waiting for a case worker which could take many months. So we may not be registered this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering if any of you could help me, I was wanting to know if, when it comes to the application and approval can you delay it at all? The reason I am asking is because I am currently studying so I would like to ideally get approval after I have completed my last placement next year, so that in the off chance (I know its not likely) we get matched straight away I have at least completed the placements and I can defer the rest. I obviously would drop anything if I know I was getting a baby but as we all know its so unpredictable and we need to continue on with our lives! I don't want to wait and start the application after I have finished uni as it such a long process. Any advice would be appreciated

Muzzy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Difference in agencies??

Hi everyone. I'm just wondering if it makes a difference who you go through. My local office is a dhs department and to say I'm frustrated with the communication (or lack of) is a massive understatement. I'm wondering if it is more supportive etc to go through catholicare or one of the other ones. My next question is can you choose - or do you have to go through your local agency, and does it make a difference?
    The frustrations with my local office involve massive delays in returning calls - I'm talking 6 weeks now (and two following up messages) and still no return call. Seemingly the lady in our office only deals with my stage of the process on a Tuesday - at least that has been the only day of late this year that I have spoken to her on the phone.
    Almost 2 years into the process and seemingly miles from the end....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.
    Finally I can give you a happy update. I am currently sitting on the couch cuddling our daughter while she sleeps. It's been a massive couple of weeks but we have had our 5 month old little girl home for a week and I am besotted.
    It's been a long 3 years of application and approval. But now it all doesn't seem so bad.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Walhalla For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (31-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla View Post
    Hi all.
    Finally I can give you a happy update. I am currently sitting on the couch cuddling our daughter while she sleeps. It's been a massive couple of weeks but we have had our 5 month old little girl home for a week and I am besotted.
    It's been a long 3 years of application and approval. But now it all doesn't seem so bad.
    Congratulations! Would love to hear more about the process from 'the call' to taking her home whenever you get the chance We're on the Qld approved list but have only been waiting a couple of months so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla View Post
    Hi all.
    Oh Walhalla, that is amazing news and I am so happy for you. I've been on this site for a while now, as have you and I've been hoping to hear good news from your camp. Enjoy every minute of this special time with your new daughter!
    🍾🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinemummy View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you guys xxx
    Hi divinemummy,
    Hope your info night went well last month
    Just wanted to let you know we have an older child and adopted in 2013 and then again this year.
    Good luck on your journey 😉
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Life Story Questions

Hi all, my partner and I are now looking into starting the adoption process now that Victoria allows same sex couples to adopt. We currently have 2 children, aged 5 and 2 and waiting on our invitation to attend the information session.
    I am wondering if there's anyone here that has recently received the paperwork and could email me a copy of the life story questions etc so we could start thinking about how to go about writing this and to help keep us occupied while we wait.
    I've been reading through the thread and it's both exciting and heartbreaking to hear your stories.
    Thanks,
    Lisa