+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adoption Training

Hi Muzzy,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the training session. It was one of our favourite parts of the process because it was our first opportunity to meet other couples who were going through the same experience. It was actually my husband and I who spoke on the first Monday about our journey and adopting our baby boy who is now 20 months! Best wishes to you and enjoy the next stage of writing your life story.

Take care,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla View Post
    Nanay18, the type of adoption you are talking about is illegal in Australia. If parenting through adoption is something you would like to pursue, you need to contact your local adoption agency and arrange attendance at an information session.
    If your friend genuinely does not want to parent her 4th child she will need to speak to social workers at her maternity hospital so she receives appropriate counseling about her options

thank you for your advice we spoke with her midwife/family dr and she has given us a name of a lawyer we can talk 2 to get the adoption process on a roll we find out how far she is on mon were so excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydz View Post
    Sorry, that isn't an area I am in the know about. We are waiting on public adoption proceedings. I would think you would likely need to speak to a solicitor about the legal proceedings, and you should probably seek mediation/counselling of some sort for all parties involved to be sure that everyone has the same expectations of the arrangement and there will be no concerns later. Whatever the circumstances it is a great gift your friends wish to give but it's best to be sure all legal requirements are safe and secure, because these delicate sort of matters can turn ugly if not handled properly, best of luck.
    thank you for your advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi Muzzy,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the training session. It was one of our favourite parts of the process because it was our first opportunity to meet other couples who were going through the same experience. It was actually my husband and I who spoke on the first Monday about our journey and adopting our baby boy who is now 20 months! Best wishes to you and enjoy the next stage of writing your life story.

Take care,

Bubbles
    Hi Bubbles,

I thought it might have been you, I spent time reading through this thread again after our training and when I was reading your posts I started to wonder if it was you!! I enjoyed hearing your story as it was so good to hear about how you guys have gone through the journey!! Your lil munchkin is a cutie!!

It was also amazing to be in a room full of ppl who knew exactly how it feels to get to that point!! I am going to call my region next week and get all the paperwork!!! Very excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bmi and pets!

Hi everyone,
    My partner and i are on the waiting list for information sessions for adoption and permanent care. I have heard there are bmi requirements, can anyone tell me the bmi limit in victoria? I was also wondering if any of you have a dog. We have a very friendly labrador who is quite jumpy when excited. I think before we can get very far in our application my partner and i will need to hit the gym and my dog will be sent to obedience class! Just wondering if your dogs had to meet any requirements or if they just have to behave themselves during the social workers visits.
    As you can tell we are a long way off yet, but your posts have helped me already, thankyou for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles5 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My partner and i are on the waiting list for information sessions for adoption and permanent care. I have heard there are bmi requirements, can anyone tell me the bmi limit in victoria? I was also wondering if any of you have a dog. We have a very friendly labrador who is quite jumpy when excited. I think before we can get very far in our application my partner and i will need to hit the gym and my dog will be sent to obedience class! Just wondering if your dogs had to meet any requirements or if they just have to behave themselves during the social workers visits.
    As you can tell we are a long way off yet, but your posts have helped me already, thankyou for sharing
    im on the Qld approved adoptive parents list so can't say for vic specifically but we have 2 large inside dogs (well-behaved) and they didn't have to meet any particular requirements other than being deemed non aggressive & we had a few questions about how we would manage baby & dogs (which we were able to easily do be because we had them when dd was born).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Smiles5  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Hi Bubbles,

I thought it might have been you, I spent time reading through this thread again after our training and when I was reading your posts I started to wonder if it was you!! I enjoyed hearing your story as it was so good to hear about how you guys have gone through the journey!! Your lil munchkin is a cutie!!

It was also amazing to be in a room full of ppl who knew exactly how it feels to get to that point!! I am going to call my region next week and get all the paperwork!!! Very excited!!!
    Hi Muzzy,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed listening to our story. We too enjoyed hearing one couple's experience when we did our training sessions. I had read your earlier post asking if anyone else was going to the training sessions, but I didn't respond because I was feeling nervous about presenting and it was easier to go in anonymous.

It's such an exciting time for you both. Enjoy working your way through the paperwork and life stories.

Best Wishes,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adoption with depression

Hi all,
    My husband and I have started the adoption process. We are very unfamiliar with how it goes and all the requirements. We are currently waiting on approval of our application to attend a training session. This includes a medical check. My husband has a history of depression and is currently on medication. Just wondering if this is likely to exclude us from the process?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi laurend,
    From what i have been told, depression is not an 'automatic exclusion' criteria, but will need to be explored. Which means they will chat to his gp/psychiatrist about how well it is managed with his medication and whether there are any concerns about his parenting or his own wellbeing under stress. So it is probably an idea to make sure he is well connected to a health care professional who can help him through the process, both personally and to help with the application process. This is just what i have been told, it may differ for different regions, so dont quote me on it! I have found the social workers really helpful, if you call your region they will be able to answer your question and give you any tips to help with the process down the track

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenD View Post
    Hi all,
    My husband and I have started the adoption process. We are very unfamiliar with how it goes and all the requirements. We are currently waiting on approval of our application to attend a training session. This includes a medical check. My husband has a history of depression and is currently on medication. Just wondering if this is likely to exclude us from the process?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Welcome!!

Sorry im not sure of the answer 😊