and even more special for us as we haven't had a
    1st birthday before as our son came just before his
    3rd birthday. Our daughter had a pretty rough beginning
    so we are going through some stuff but we feel good about
    her chance to recover as she is so young, our son
    has ongoing problems as he had years of neglect rather
    than months. It us a big change for our son... Sharing Mum,
    but he adores his little sister and has been waiting
    for company for so long, he loooves being a big brother.

Your daughter sounds gorgeous and you sound like you
    are still on cloud nine . She must be 4 month old now if
    I recall right, think she was 8 weeks you said when she
    came?

Oh and a big congrats to CJ 123, great to get that final
    burden over with and officially be waiting . Enjoy the shopping
    preparing. And you never know, we got our call 12 weeks after
    approval .

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam,

Wow, 12 weeks is super quick! We're at 7 weeks wait but who's counting, lol.
    I guess I'm really hoping before Christmas and might be shocked if it's before Spring or Summer but who really knows! Next year I might start to get more anxious if we haven't heard any news.

You must feel wonderful about what you have achieved so far in helping both your children get through their previous trauma and loss. Well done.

Chris (CJ 123)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Macks thanks for checking in, how are you and your little girl doing?

We still haven't got a case worker yet, my husband did call the office about 5-6 weeks ago and was assured that we would get one but apparently they are understaffed etc: So we are trying to be patient and hopeful that it will happen soon

I will be in touch as soon as we get the call!

Take care
    : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gusandmeg, keep the calls up, the squeaky wheel
    gets fixed first. We called constantly. We tried to find the
    fine line between being proactive and harassing. Unwound call once
    a month. We took this approach after advice from others
    having been through the system and also after we were told
    they were 11months behind in interviews. Just keep calling I say.
    . Good luck.

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to everyone on this thread,

I am new to this thread and actually new to posting anything on any forum, so please excuse me if I get it all totally wrong. I was very excited to discover your discussion on the Internet. My husband and I attended the Victorian Infant Adoption information session in May. After seven years of TTC, five failed cycles of IVF and a miscarriage, we have decided to pursue adoption. Having a family is what is important to us. A child to love and care for; so we feel this is the right path for us and we have begun with much hope and enthusiasm.

We recently completed our registration for training forms and are waiting for an invitation to the training sessions. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who is also in this stage of the process? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

Bubbles 152
    P.S. Thanks to all for sharing your stories. It's been nice to read about other people who have shared a similar experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles 152
    Welcome and firstly congrats to making the shift from the years of IVF rollercoaster to adoption I too made the shift which was difficult mentally, after 10 years ttc although we were lucky to have one sucess on IVF during that time (our daughter is now 6 yo). During the further attempts of IVF after she was born, we knew already that adoption was right for us for #2. We were approved for the overseas adoption program for China (after a long 3 year process) but made the switch to the local program. The process was reasonably quick to approval (6 months) but maybe because we had done most of the paperwork already.
    Good luck and I hope you get an invite for the training sessions soon. I really enjoyed them!
    This is a new beginning
    Chris (CJ 123)
    Last edited by CJ123; 01-07-2013 at 11:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles 152,
    Welcome to Local Adoption!
    My husband and I completed our training and application for Local Adoption in September and are just waiting to be allocated a Social Worker to begin the Assessment. We too were very excited after the Information session and you will really enjoy the training sessions too! I hope you get allocated some training dates soon .

Good Luck and please keep us updated!

Also and questions you have feel free to ask

Take Care : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CJ123 and gusandmeg,

Thank you for replying to my post and making me feel welcome. CJ, you appeared to have a smooth run and you put it down to having already completed paper work related to overseas adoption. Can I ask how long it took from being approved for adoption in Victoria, to the time you had a child placed with you? My husband and I are trying to gain a realistic timeframe. I know it would vary somewhat and some couples will be placed with a baby earlier than others, but it's good to hear different stories.

Gusandmeg, I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the training sessions. I'm wondering about the process following the training sessions. Did you receive a kit to work through as part of your assessment, or is that something you will undertake once you have been allocated a Social Worker? If you have already commenced the process, I would love to hear how it's going. I hope you are allocated a social worker very soon.

Thanks again for replying and sorry about the Spanish inquisition. You almost need to put the kettle on and then sit down to read my lengthy thesis!!

Take care all,

Bubbles123

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbless123,
    After we attended our training sessions we called our office and asked for the application pack to be sent out to us. Once we had completed and sent back all parts to the application they sent us a letter informing us that we were now waiting to be allocated a social worker.
    From there (and we are not there yet as we are still waiting for a Social Worker) you have a series of meetings with a social worker including a home visit and then he/she writes a report which goes to a Panel who will approve you. Once you are approved you go on the Victorian data base as potential parents to be matched with an infant!
    Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gusandmeg,

Thanks for your quick reply. I assumed we would receive the application pack at the training sessions. It is interesting to know that it is a requirement to contact your assigned office and get a pack sent from there. I guess it's a good opportunity for your assigned office to get to know you early in the process.

Thanks again for sharing and I will sign off with my correct name this time. I'm still getting used to having a pseudo name.

Take care and enjoy your night,

Bubbles 152