Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congrats Macks!!!

That is so exciting!!!! Yay!! Big congratulations to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Macks, hows it all going been thinking of you!!

Anyone else coming to the training on 20 and 26th June?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Doctors

Recently found out that even though we sent in all forms from the info session in December, they've requested a report from our Dr twice and he hasn't done it yet. I was annoyed until I went to see him and found they want an entire detailed report with 13 essay style questions to answer, no wonder he hasn't had time for that. 😟 so if he'd got that done would we be going to training now? How long will we have to wait for the next round?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydz View Post
    Recently found out that even though we sent in all forms from the info session in December, they've requested a report from our Dr twice and he hasn't done it yet. I was annoyed until I went to see him and found they want an entire detailed report with 13 essay style questions to answer, no wonder he hasn't had time for that. 😟 so if he'd got that done would we be going to training now? How long will we have to wait for the next round?
    If the report hasn't been done yet it might be worthwhile booking a double appointment with him and he can do the report during the appointment. You may not get Medicare rebate but if it helps you get the form done a bit quicker might be worthwhile.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Doctors

He's promised that he'll do it this weekend. Said it would take several hours to do so if I were to book out that many appointments i'd need a bank loan.😊 unfortunately we have very few decent doctors in this area so he's very busy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Married or de facto?

Hi everyone. I just at informetion session today and very wonder but didn't ask at question time. The deta they showed us say 90%(or so) of adopted parents were married and very few were de facto. How are your status? We are de facto couple and seriously thinking if they meant it for married couple only how much it worth for us to do with this emotional process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bunnyrabbit, we were told the same at our training but they also said that if you had been in a long term de facto relationship and could show evidence of this, then that would be ok too.
    Good luck with the training. Very exciting time for you right now I'm sure.
    Cheers, Macks
    Ps - to answer your question, we are married.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydz View Post
    He's promised that he'll do it this weekend. Said it would take several hours to do so if I were to book out that many appointments i'd need a bank loan. unfortunately we have very few decent doctors in this area so he's very busy.
    Hi Hydz, not too sure if your doc has completed the paperwork yet and not too sure how detailed yours is but ours was about ten pages long with about 2 dozen questions (roughly) and we did as someone said above and booked a double visit to work through it together. We managed in a double visit ok.
    All the best.
    Cheers, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
    Macks, hows it all going been thinking of you!!

Anyone else coming to the training on 20 and 26th June?
    Hi Muzzy,
    Thanks for checking in. We are fantastic. We are quite literally on our way home with our new bubba girl after about a week long transition with her foster carer. She looks so tiny and perfect in the back seat.
    It's been a big, emotional week but so excited to bring her home.
    Good luck with the training in the coming weeks - another step closer! Will be thinking of you
    X Macks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

jazzercise  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are giving up. We don't have enough those documents dhs is saying for De facto couple to prove length of relationship even we are nearly 10yrs together and have some other legal documents as evidence. Dhs won't take evidence from other government departments.
    I am very disappointed with them and very interesting to see how they change some guidelines for samesex couple which we told to happen this year. I'm not against with samesex couple but have a feelings that dhs will make little easier for them so those people and supporters not go hard for department.