+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Daisy - looking forward to staying in touch.
    Walhalla - I hope the magical phone call comes soon for you. I was just wondering how long it took you to be approved after your training sessions? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Local Infant Adoption in Victoria

Eskimo I pm you
    Last edited by Walhalla; 30-08-2015 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Eskimo,
    It can feel quite lonely going through the adoption process but we are here and I'm happy to speak with you anytime although apologies I'm a bit slow with my response time sometimes
    Happy for you to get in touch via PM - speak soon

cheers, Macks

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo81 View Post
    I am soooo excited to see you DaisyAndFrankie, Choc and Macks!!! I have been posting on and off since January when we put our enquiry in but I thought I was talking to myself on here. It feels amazing to actually hear from other people that are going through or have gone through the journey of adoption. Macks, you have given me such hope. daisy - we have our training in September so we will let you know how it goes. Choc - that would have been soooo helpful to be able to start the application early, can I ask what is involved in the application? Anything you can remember that we could start getting together? Macks - I hope it's ok if I send you a PM too as I would love a copy of the questions, nice to just get an idea.
    Daisy - I'm looking forward to sharing our journeys.
    Happy Sunday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Walhalla,

I read your post and I really feel for you. The wait can be such a lonely time. I was starting to resign to the fact that I was forever going to be 'The Congratulator' and I really had the brave happy face down pat. But someone wrote on here, 'Never say Never' and that was something that I held on to in order to keep the hope alive.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in a PM, but last Christmas was the first Christmas hubby and I couldn't bring ourselves to put up a tree. We just decorated the mantle. We were too sad to face another Christmas without a baby. But little did we know that our baby was celebrating Christmas with his foster mother and waiting for us to be chosen. So we actually did have a baby boy for Christmas, we just didn't know that yet. Your Bub could also be out there too. You just need the right timing to cross paths! Our birth mother initially described a criteria that ruled us out, but then she changed her mind and it meant that our profile came up. As our social worker said, "Your baby will find its way to you." And it will.

Take care,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi Walhalla,

I read your post and I really feel for you. The wait can be such a lonely time. I was starting to resign to the fact that I was forever going to be 'The Congratulator' and I really had the brave happy face down pat. But someone wrote on here, 'Never say Never' and that was something that I held on to in order to keep the hope alive.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in a PM, but last Christmas was the first Christmas hubby and I couldn't bring ourselves to put up a tree. We just decorated the mantle. We were too sad to face another Christmas without a baby. But little did we know that our baby was celebrating Christmas with his foster mother and waiting for us to be chosen. So we actually did have a baby boy for Christmas, we just didn't know that yet. Your Bub could also be out there too. You just need the right timing to cross paths! Our birth mother initially described a criteria that ruled us out, but then she changed her mind and it meant that our profile came up. As our social worker said, "Your baby will find its way to you." And it will.

Take care,

Bubbles
    This is exactly how I feel. It's my birthday this week and I had really hoped we would have an extra family member to celebrate with.
    Keeping up hope is exhausting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    There seems to be a lot of activity at the moment in this forum so that is exciting. My husband and i are currently waiting to be invited to the training days.
    I'm fairly sure someone wrote on here recently that they had just been invited to the training days that start next week but now I can't find that post. Just wondering when your paper work was approved to get invited to these training days. I found out today that they are still waiting to hear back from our IVF doctor but that is the last piece of information. So I'm wondering if we will actually get into training days this year or not. Given we first registered last November and had to wait till May before we were invited to the info session.
    Thanks
    Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so nice to hear that the adoption process actually is working locally, I thought it was a 'don't even bother' type scenario.
    Can I ask, what kind of background are most of these babies from, I know that it would be different for each case but what kind of circumstances are the mothers usually in and my other question is, what kind of legal right does the birth mother have? My husband and I would really like to go down this road but the thought of adopting a child then the mother changing her mind and wanting the child back terrifies me... Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dizzy82,

Our little girl is a local melbournite via local adoption.
    Essentially, bubs biological mum and dad cannot overturn the decision. Legally she is our daughter and there is no way that can be changed.
    We worried about the same thing but feel 100% comfortable that nothing can change.
    Cheers, Macks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
    It's so nice to hear that the adoption process actually is working locally, I thought it was a 'don't even bother' type scenario.
    Can I ask, what kind of background are most of these babies from, I know that it would be different for each case but what kind of circumstances are the mothers usually in and my other question is, what kind of legal right does the birth mother have? My husband and I would really like to go down this road but the thought of adopting a child then the mother changing her mind and wanting the child back terrifies me... Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love your happy ending bubbles. Got all emotional reading it

Macks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi Walhalla,

Take care,

Bubbles

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

Bubbles 152  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay strong Walhalla. Keep the positive thinking going that it WILL happen for you! Thinking of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. It's my birthday this week and I had really hoped we would have an extra family member to celebrate with.
    Keeping up hope is exhausting.