+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 433
  1. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    Hi
    Daisy - looking forward to staying in touch.
    Walhalla - I hope the magical phone call comes soon for you. I was just wondering how long it took you to be approved after your training sessions? Thanks

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0

    Default Local Infant Adoption in Victoria

    Eskimo I pm you
    Last edited by Walhalla; 30-08-2015 at 20:37.

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Eskimo,
    It can feel quite lonely going through the adoption process but we are here and I'm happy to speak with you anytime although apologies I'm a bit slow with my response time sometimes
    Happy for you to get in touch via PM - speak soon

    cheers, Macks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo81 View Post
    I am soooo excited to see you DaisyAndFrankie, Choc and Macks!!! I have been posting on and off since January when we put our enquiry in but I thought I was talking to myself on here. It feels amazing to actually hear from other people that are going through or have gone through the journey of adoption. Macks, you have given me such hope. daisy - we have our training in September so we will let you know how it goes. Choc - that would have been soooo helpful to be able to start the application early, can I ask what is involved in the application? Anything you can remember that we could start getting together? Macks - I hope it's ok if I send you a PM too as I would love a copy of the questions, nice to just get an idea.
    Daisy - I'm looking forward to sharing our journeys.
    Happy Sunday everyone

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Walhalla,

    I read your post and I really feel for you. The wait can be such a lonely time. I was starting to resign to the fact that I was forever going to be 'The Congratulator' and I really had the brave happy face down pat. But someone wrote on here, 'Never say Never' and that was something that I held on to in order to keep the hope alive.

    I can't remember if I mentioned it in a PM, but last Christmas was the first Christmas hubby and I couldn't bring ourselves to put up a tree. We just decorated the mantle. We were too sad to face another Christmas without a baby. But little did we know that our baby was celebrating Christmas with his foster mother and waiting for us to be chosen. So we actually did have a baby boy for Christmas, we just didn't know that yet. Your Bub could also be out there too. You just need the right timing to cross paths! Our birth mother initially described a criteria that ruled us out, but then she changed her mind and it meant that our profile came up. As our social worker said, "Your baby will find its way to you." And it will.

    Take care,

    Bubbles

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi Walhalla,

    I read your post and I really feel for you. The wait can be such a lonely time. I was starting to resign to the fact that I was forever going to be 'The Congratulator' and I really had the brave happy face down pat. But someone wrote on here, 'Never say Never' and that was something that I held on to in order to keep the hope alive.

    I can't remember if I mentioned it in a PM, but last Christmas was the first Christmas hubby and I couldn't bring ourselves to put up a tree. We just decorated the mantle. We were too sad to face another Christmas without a baby. But little did we know that our baby was celebrating Christmas with his foster mother and waiting for us to be chosen. So we actually did have a baby boy for Christmas, we just didn't know that yet. Your Bub could also be out there too. You just need the right timing to cross paths! Our birth mother initially described a criteria that ruled us out, but then she changed her mind and it meant that our profile came up. As our social worker said, "Your baby will find its way to you." And it will.

    Take care,

    Bubbles
    This is exactly how I feel. It's my birthday this week and I had really hoped we would have an extra family member to celebrate with.
    Keeping up hope is exhausting.

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Everyone,
    There seems to be a lot of activity at the moment in this forum so that is exciting. My husband and i are currently waiting to be invited to the training days.
    I'm fairly sure someone wrote on here recently that they had just been invited to the training days that start next week but now I can't find that post. Just wondering when your paper work was approved to get invited to these training days. I found out today that they are still waiting to hear back from our IVF doctor but that is the last piece of information. So I'm wondering if we will actually get into training days this year or not. Given we first registered last November and had to wait till May before we were invited to the info session.
    Thanks
    Good luck everyone

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    It's so nice to hear that the adoption process actually is working locally, I thought it was a 'don't even bother' type scenario.
    Can I ask, what kind of background are most of these babies from, I know that it would be different for each case but what kind of circumstances are the mothers usually in and my other question is, what kind of legal right does the birth mother have? My husband and I would really like to go down this road but the thought of adopting a child then the mother changing her mind and wanting the child back terrifies me... Thanks in advance.

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Dizzy82,

    Our little girl is a local melbournite via local adoption.
    Essentially, bubs biological mum and dad cannot overturn the decision. Legally she is our daughter and there is no way that can be changed.
    We worried about the same thing but feel 100% comfortable that nothing can change.
    Cheers, Macks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
    It's so nice to hear that the adoption process actually is working locally, I thought it was a 'don't even bother' type scenario.
    Can I ask, what kind of background are most of these babies from, I know that it would be different for each case but what kind of circumstances are the mothers usually in and my other question is, what kind of legal right does the birth mother have? My husband and I would really like to go down this road but the thought of adopting a child then the mother changing her mind and wanting the child back terrifies me... Thanks in advance.

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    I love your happy ending bubbles. Got all emotional reading it

    Macks

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles 152 View Post
    Hi Walhalla,

    I read your post and I really feel for you. The wait can be such a lonely time. I was starting to resign to the fact that I was forever going to be 'The Congratulator' and I really had the brave happy face down pat. But someone wrote on here, 'Never say Never' and that was something that I held on to in order to keep the hope alive.

    I can't remember if I mentioned it in a PM, but last Christmas was the first Christmas hubby and I couldn't bring ourselves to put up a tree. We just decorated the mantle. We were too sad to face another Christmas without a baby. But little did we know that our baby was celebrating Christmas with his foster mother and waiting for us to be chosen. So we actually did have a baby boy for Christmas, we just didn't know that yet. Your Bub could also be out there too. You just need the right timing to cross paths! Our birth mother initially described a criteria that ruled us out, but then she changed her mind and it meant that our profile came up. As our social worker said, "Your baby will find its way to you." And it will.

    Take care,

    Bubbles

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

    Bubbles 152  (24-09-2015)

  11. #300
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    0
    Stay strong Walhalla. Keep the positive thinking going that it WILL happen for you! Thinking of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. It's my birthday this week and I had really hoped we would have an extra family member to celebrate with.
    Keeping up hope is exhausting.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Adoption Qld
    By heartstringz in forum Adoption / Surrogacy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-09-2013, 17:45
  2. questions about Adoption within Australia, we live in Victoria
    By XandyandZak in forum Adoption / Surrogacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-09-2012, 16:53
  3. Is anyone considering adoption?
    By InvisibleWoman in forum IVF
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-08-2012, 03:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!