+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Choc, that's wonderful to hear! Very encouraging to hear your story too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tips for a Newbie?

Hi Everyone,

I read this entire thread about a year ago when my husband and I were first considering adoption. It is what really encouraged us to look into local adoption further. Thank you so much for sharing your stories, it has been a real pleasure to read, particularly when placements have occurred! We are currently waiting for a place in a training session.

I am hoping some of you who have already been through the process will be able to share some tips with me? What can I be doing right now to help the application? Reading lists, ideas of what goes in the life story? Is there anything at all we can work on?

Any ideas at all would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Daisy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Life story and application.

Hi Daisy,

We did the entire application and our life story while we were waiting for our training session. So at the end of the training we were ready to just hand it in. I can't for the life of me remember how we received the application and life story questions/guidelines ahead of time. Maybe someone else here knows. But we did get a hold of them and it was actually a really productive and therapeutic way to spend the waiting time. It prepared us for the training and kept us focused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Daisy,
    glad to hear you've started the process. We successfully adopted a local baby girl at nine weeks. She's now 2.5 and still our little walking talking miracle!

Private message me your email and I can send you a copy of our lifestyle questions. They may be different now but will give you an idea.
    We have just started the process for adoption two. It is the best thing we ever did and don't have a single regret.
    Happy to answer any questions.
    Cherrs, Macks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

smurf09  (09-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Choc, that would have been fantastic to be able to do that. Would have sped things up quite a bit as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    Hi Daisy,

We did the entire application and our life story while we were waiting for our training session. So at the end of the training we were ready to just hand it in. I can't for the life of me remember how we received the application and life story questions/guidelines ahead of time. Maybe someone else here knows. But we did get a hold of them and it was actually a really productive and therapeutic way to spend the waiting time. It prepared us for the training and kept us focused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Mack!
    I will send you a PM. Working through the questions will be a really useful excersise, even if they have changed a little.
    I do hope your second application goes smoothly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am soooo excited to see you DaisyAndFrankie, Choc and Macks!!! I have been posting on and off since January when we put our enquiry in but I thought I was talking to myself on here. It feels amazing to actually hear from other people that are going through or have gone through the journey of adoption. Macks, you have given me such hope. daisy - we have our training in September so we will let you know how it goes. Choc - that would have been soooo helpful to be able to start the application early, can I ask what is involved in the application? Anything you can remember that we could start getting together? Macks - I hope it's ok if I send you a PM too as I would love a copy of the questions, nice to just get an idea.
    Daisy - I'm looking forward to sharing our journeys.
    Happy Sunday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Eskimo!
    Hopefully we won't be too far behind you in the process. It will be lovely to keep in touch with someone at a similar stage.
    i have been lurking here for quite some time but have been too nervous to post. I can't believe how generous some people are with their stories and their time. It certainly makes life easier for those of us still to go through much of it.
    😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!
    Just checking in, some great news happening i see!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies for injecting some positivity when I need it. We have now been approved for 6 months and are waiting for the call. I have to admit I've been finding the wait a bit difficult lately. We have been trying to be relaxed but sometimes it's hard. We have done what everyone has recommended, we keep in touch with our workers every couple of months and we are keeping our lives moving forward planning a holiday and doing some renovations on our home.
    I'd love any other tip anyone could offer.
    Thank you again for reminding me that happy adoptive families do happen