+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I think you need a minimum number of posts for PMs to work. Just want to wish you all luck
    Thank you Scuba Girl

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (09-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if you need to have ceased fertility treatments for 6 months when you submit the EOI or just when you attend the info session or apply?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bluemeeple,

I believe you have to wait 6 months before you can start the actual process to adopt. We put our names down for an information session as soon as we were told we couldn't have children of our own and they said we have to wait 6 months. Now I'm not sure if that means we can't even go to an information session in that time or we can do the training ect in that time.
    Im sorry I know I haven't been much help. It's all very new to us too.

Good luck

kind regards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my state they didn't even ask about fertility treatment for EOI registration. At the info session they said you needed to have stopped for 6 months before you could put in your formal application. They suggested that while waiting the 6 months that couples do some parenting courses that are offered by different organisations (and often by your state adoption organisation) as they help you to start thinking about what challenges you might face and how you might deal with them as parents.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Info session invite

Sooooo excited, we have finally got our invitation to an information session. We feel like we are finally in the system now and one step closer. How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Eskmo81,

we we just got ours too and we are so excited. I don't know about you but as excited as I am if one more person tell me that's it's a long and grouling process I am going to just cry in front of them. Because saying that to people who are so desperate to love and care for a child of their our is helpful. Just needed to vent.
    Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie Here.

Hi all,
    i'm new here and also very new to the infant adoption process. I'm looking for support and some encouragement because the whole process just feels daunting and impossible and does anyone actually ever get to adopt a baby?

sigh

So Hubby and I have been married four years. Found out 18months ago that we cannot have biological children. I contacted our local DHS and were sent the very brief form, which we completed and returned. We heard nothing for about 3 weeks so I rang again to be told that the forms have been processed and now we are waiting to be assigned an information session and this may take several months.

Why do I get the feeling that this is just the start of the 'waiting periods' that will last the rest of our lives?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hydz

We're in another state and were successful with our first and just lodged an EOI for a second. All I can say is just stay positive and I really hope that we are reading about your successful placement here.

Penny

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Question about adopting with existing children

Hi everyone
    I'm new and have found reading all your comments so helpful. My hubby and I have started the local infant adoption process, attending our first info session last week. We would dearly love to adopt to complete our family. I am wondering if there are any parents out there who were successful in adopting a bub who already had children? Does anyone know of any cases where a family had more than one child and have been successful or do you think this would work against them? Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

We were allocated our baby girl 2 yrs ago and already had a boy. Our daughters birth mum requested a family that already had children.

Every case is individual and different.
    Every family applying has their own unique quality and who they are and the children and birth families are all individual and unique and matches happen.

To say it in black and white, I feel there is no applying family more sought after or likely to be allocated than another, every case is different and all sorts of families are needed.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sofi99 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm new and have found reading all your comments so helpful. My hubby and I have started the local infant adoption process, attending our first info session last week. We would dearly love to adopt to complete our family. I am wondering if there are any parents out there who were successful in adopting a bub who already had children? Does anyone know of any cases where a family had more than one child and have been successful or do you think this would work against them? Thank you so much for your help.