+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi adorelgc,

Welcome to the forum. I joined some time ago and found it a great sense of relief to know there are others going through similar experiences.
    I'm sorry to hear of your past few years and what must of been very difficult times. My husband and I also experienced several years of unsuccessful IVF attempts and a miscarriage. We then decided to go the adoption path and I have to say it was the best decision ever!
    We have a beautiful daughter who is now almost two through local adoption. She continually lights up our life in a way I could never imagine all those years ago in those very dark days of IVF. I still can't believe how our lives have changed.
    Feel free to get in touch if you have questions as I'm sure there will be plenty.
    Cheers, Macks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Macks For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi adorelgc,

Welcome to the forum. Yes there are a lot of us here in the background .
    I don't post very much but read the forum.

We have a daughter through the local pernament care program. She is 2yrs old and has been with us 17months now.

We originally put in a duel application for the local infant adoption program and the pernament care program. We were allocated through the pernament care program and are now in the process of adopting our daughter ( ie changing from pernament care to adoption).

She is such a blessing and we feel very lucky to have the opportunity to bring up this gorgeous little girl.
    We have an adopted son too who is 7yrs old through the intercountry program.

I am happy to be of any help if I can.

Welcome and Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to start!

Hello, thank you all for responding. It's just good to have some one to ask questions to who have been through this process. So here is my first question. How do you get started??? I have spent a few days now trying to call various numbers, but they all just play an answering machine, and I keep leaving messages with my details but no one has returned. I have also tried emailing a couple of addresses with all of my details and again no one has responded. I rung and left emails 2 weeks ago with no response and have tried again today, still no one answering.
    I have been calling the Central Resource Exchange as well as my "local adoption and permanent care" office, but no response from anyone.
    Am I better off just going into my local office? Or does it take time for someone to even return a call to let you know how to start?
    Bit confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi adorelgc, it's good that you've started the process of contacting central resource exchange. They will get back to you, I can't remember how long it took for us to get a response to our email enquiry (possibly a couple of weeks) but they did eventually ring back and we were able to discuss all our options on the phone. From there you are offered an invite to an information session. It's the CRE that coordinates info sessions. I know it's hard especially when you are eager to get started but every step of this process is about patience. I hope you hear something soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard back, discussed my options and am now on a waiting list to get an invitation to an information session. Step 1 - tick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I just have to vent! Oh my goodness, this wait is sooo difficult! I am doing lots of things to distract myself. I exercise, throw myself into my work, play the piano for hours and I'm considering starting my Masters next year. That is desperate!! I would give it all away for that call. I know it has only been a few months since our approval, but there is a fear that is tucked away deep down that we may never get that call. I feel like I am in limbo. I have read through previous posts and everyone else has come across as coping quite well during this stage. I consider myself pretty resilient, but I am finding this stage lonely.

Is there anyone feeling the same?

Tomorrow can only be a better day,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi Bubbles

Hang in there. I know not having a time line is really hard. I think the first few months after approval are the hardest, then you find your stride and get used to the rhythm of waiting. Our social worker was happy to receive calls from us while we waited and suggested every 2 months was a good time to call. Stay in contact as it keeps you in their mind and makes you feel connected.

On a lighter note, a sure way to make it happen is to start renovating or plan a trip OS , I have had 2 friends who have had the call during these big events .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubbles....as Choc says, hang in there. Acquaintances of mine have been awaiting allocation for intercountry adoption for a looong time now (we're talking years). On 24 Nov they posted on FB about how they were tempted to give up and it was so sad to be facing another Xmas without a child etc etc. On 1 Dec they got the call that they have been allocated 2 siblings The call will come one day, probably when you least expect it!
    Last edited by Twocam; 05-12-2014 at 14:46. Reason: gramar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twocam and Choc,

Thank you so much for replying. I thought I had maybe been too honest in my post and freaked everyone out by sounding too desperate. I really appreciated your responses and stories. They gave me a renewed sense of hope.

Enjoy your weekend,

Bubbles

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles 152 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Excited Newbie

Hi all

I have been stalking this forum for a little while since we registered for the Infant Adoption Information Session in August.

Well I am excited to say we received our invitation today!

I can't believe it is starting, we have been TTC for 10 years, we have been on Fertility treatment and IVF for 6 years, with one miscarriage at 14 weeks and several early losses (4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks).

In the last six months I have been on a horrible journey, being told that IVF is no longer an option and I have no egg supply.

I have also had a very low (less than 3) iron count due to heavy bleeding which could last for up to four months. Due to this and along with my no egg supply, it was recommended that I have a hysterectomy - this happened four weeks ago.

So receiving our invitation has been a silver lining and we can't wait to start the process.

Looking forward to asking lots of silly questions and I apologise in advance.
    Last edited by carlyandmark; 15-12-2014 at 16:01.