+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Such wonderful, wonderful news. I feel somewhat part of your journey as I read your pieces on this forum. I was hoping you wouldn't wait long and so pleased you didn't. A beautiful boy! He will give you so much joy I'm sure of it.
    Our beautiful little girl has almost been with us now for a year and I can't begin to explain the love and sheer joy she has brought us.
    Agree, 4 month wait seems to be an average.
    Can I ask how old your little boy is?
    So very happy for you. Enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Skyte,

I read your recent post and I was sad for you. It sounds like you have experienced some dark days and I hope life has been kinder to you lately.

As far as your question about age goes, it may be worth calling the office for their honest opinion. They may be able to give you some figures and examples to paint a clearer picture so you can make an informed decision.

Take care,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long time lurker here!

First of all congratulations to all of you that have been placed with your beautiful babies. Getting 'the call' will forever be one of the most amazing moments of our life!

In regards to wait times, I do not think you can say 4 months is average. I know of people placed in 6 weeks, 18 months and never. I just didn't want anyone reading this to have there hopes up of a 4 month placement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some good news. We have a social worker. Our first interview is in a few weeks. It's fair to say I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
    I would love it if someone could give us an idea of what we are in for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am new also and was wondering if anyone has decided to adopt an infant in Victoria, I was wondering what the process is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    Just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know how we are getting on with our new son. Its been exactly 7 weeks today since we bought him home. The best 7 weeks of our life!! He has settled in perfectly and is in a good eat, sleep and play routine. We have had 2 visits from our social worker since he came home with another visit booked for this week. We still look at him and cant believe he is ours. I am really excited for all of you on the journey, and hope you all get all to feel these amazing feelings of motherhood very soon.
    Hope this finds you all well
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Just a small update from us. Our interview dates had been brought forward and we had our final interview yesterday. All went very well. We even enjoyed a few stories and laughs about ourselves.

Walhalla, I think our first interview was only days apart and I can imagine both households running around frantically to ensure everything was perfect, with nothing out of place. I hope it went well for you and would love to hear how you went.

Gusandmeg, I was delighted to hear how you are getting along with your baby boy. It sounds like you are all very happy and love being parents.

Take care everyone,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Bubbles, your interviews have happened quickly. We are up to our individual interviews. I'm so glad it has happened for you.
    The thought of the interviews is so much scarier than the actual event. The interviews have challenged us' but nothing we didnt expect and overall I've found our workers supportive.
    We have to gear up for our home safety inspection next. Bubbles you are right, we were madly trying to get the house "right". Until we realized we just needed to present our home and from a child safety perspective we are doing ok.
    I hope everyone else is progressing well, or enjoying their little people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Some exciting news happening here since I last visited! Congrats to you gusandmeg how wonderful!!

We have now attended both perm care and adoption info sessions and our perm care education sessions. Next up is application to attend adoption education sessions and we have our pre assessment interview for perm care scheduled for next Tuesday. Very early days yet but we are moving forward.

Take care everyone! Hope all is travelling well for you all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all you lovely ppl. I haven't been on for awhile. Congrats to all who have been placed with a baby and to those who are progressing towards adopting.
    Hubby and I had to miss last months information session but got an invitation for next months session which we gladly accepted :-)
    Anyone else going to the information session in June? I'm in melbourne, Victoria.