+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Last Friday we received our invitation to join the next adoption information session. We also have our permanent care education sessions set up. We are taking one step at a time. I am trying not to get too excited this far out from any change and we are concentrating on working on our home.

I hope that I can stay this calm through the process. I was a little highly strung through fertility treatment and was hospitalised after an anxiety attack...one step at a time...

Carol xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Carol,
    Congrats on your invitation How long has it taken you to get to this stage? How long in advance do they send the invitations out do you know?
    Whats the plans for your home? are you renovating?

Fertility treatment can certainly be tough, thats why i decided to end it. The cost was my main one but i know from the medication you are required to be on do not do your body and hormones any justice lol.
    If you need to talk and need help to stay calm, we are here for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear All,
    It is with great pleasure that I let you all know that last Monday the 10th of Feb we received "The Call" to say we have been matched with a healthy baby boy!
    We spent the day flapping with excitement and went straight into the office to meet with our social worker and discuss details.... We had the next day off to prepare and then Transition begun on the Wednesday!!! They aren't kidding when they say it happens quickly. From there we spent 5 days at the Foster Family's home learning our new sons routine and taking in as much knowledge as we could. It was a great experience and probably the most important part of the adoption process. On Monday the 17th we bought our boy home! Since then he has been a delight, he sleeps right through, eats well and is a cute little man. We had our first visit from our social worker today and that went well she just likes to see everyone has settled in well. We have limited visits to only a few of our immediate family member since last Monday and I'm glad we have done that although friends are chomping at the bit to meet him. Like so many other people told me over the years, It Will Happen, and it does so hang in there all you ladies and men, be patient the process is slow but it does end and when it does it feels like it all happened really quickly!!!
    Back to bubs for now
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gusandmeg,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is the best news ever. I have been wondering how things were going for you. You both must feel so complete.

Congratulations again and we are very happy for you.

Take care,

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations gusnmeg. So exciting for you. Enjoy getting to know your little man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi GusandMeg
    Congratulations that is wonderful news. It must be such a delight to have your lil one in your arms.
    Rob and I are curious as to how long did it take for you to finally be matched?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone! So in love with our little man it's ridiculous. We waited about 4 1/2 months after approval so not long at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh, that is soooo fantastic news. Congratulations. I just new it was soon for you. Had a good feeling. We waited 4 months too. Funny it seems so long at the time and off the back of all the processing it is long I guess. But seems to be a common thing around 4 to 6months after approval. I am jumping up and down for you

Oh I know how fast it is once it happens, yep they do mean it when they say the transition and placement are fast after allocation.

Enjoy this beautiful time of getting to know each other.

Congrats again

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Yay

Hi Gusandmeg,

i have lurked around for a while and have followed your journey on this thread. That is such excellent news and I just wanted to say congratulations.

Gidget

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New and in need of some honest advice

Hi everyone, Firstly thank you all sovery much for sharing your experiences and for offering such amazingsupport to others walking the same path. We are considering thispath also and have just registered to attend an adoption informationsession. I have been pregnant 4 times with no success. 1sttime carried to 20 weeks & lost a son, 2nd time alsocarried to 20 weeks and lost another son, and the 3rd &4th times were early miscarriages. We are now both 44 yrsold and are still hoping for a child. My question to you all is doyou know of anyone who has succeeded with this process at our age? We know that on paper they say they accept you until you are 50 howeverafter such a difficult journey we need to be honest and realisticabout our chances. It would be very tough to go through this processonly to be rejected for something we cannot change as I am sure thereare many younger hopeful couples out there. Would really appreciateyour honest opinions and experiences. xxxx