+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to everyone. I'm new to the forum say I would like to say Hi . My husband and I put our information forward to DHS last month and are now waiting to be invited to an information session.
    Just a few questions ... How long does it take to be accredited? And how long roughly would it take to get chosen? I am 32 and my husband is 38.

Mybuby congrats on your information session next month that's very exciting news . Who are you going through? I'm in werribee but am going through an agency in footscray.

To all the others congrats on placements and to those waiting still I hope yous get to take home a baby VERY soon .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyTot For This Useful Post:

Mybuby  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TeenyTot, We're going through DHS Geelong. The lady I spoke to said that the next training session for the Geelong region is 3 days in July and is held in Portland. I don't know of any Agencies here in Geelong so that's why I rang DHS direct. So after the training session I think the ladies on this tread have said that there is application kits sent out after the training then you get allocated a social worker that does checks etc and then your application goes to the board for approval. Please correct me if I have the process incorrect, I'd love to know the exact

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Hubby and i put our forms in at the end of November to go forward to the training sessions, We recieved an email just before christmas to say they had recieved them and would be in contact for the shortlisting of the training.

We are curious as to how long it takes before you are shortlisted to the training sessions?

I am currently going through the preparation for Gastric Banding Surgery as my Poly cystic ovaries has gone out of wack and made me put on weight and my body is just not dropping it like it was.

Hubby and i are hanging to adopt, so much family has come to visit over the Christmas period and they have 3 month olds, 6 month olds, 1 year olds, we just cooed over them hehe

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone'
    Happy new year. We have just passes the first anniversary of expressing our interest in training sessions. At the time it felt like a huge wait, but when I look back I can see things have progressed for us. We submitted our expression of interest in jan 2013 and attended training in June, we submitted our application paperwork by the end of August. After chasing up referees and some further info for our doctors our application was received and in the middle of November we were notified we are on the waiting list for a social worker. We understand from talking to other prospective parents that this can be a wait. I have kept in contact with our local agency and they are lovely each time I speak to them. Last time I spoke to the, they thought our application had been taken to be read by a worker. So fingers crossed we get a call soon. Every time I feel frustrated I look back I try to remind myself to also look how far we've come
    On another note, we recently had lunch with my husbands cousin who is himself adopted. While it is something that the family knows about we often don't speak of it. We told the cousin of our adoption plans. And he told us that he believe s that being adopted has been a really positive experience in his life and he is fully supportive of our journey. He has contact with his birth family and siblings. It was so nice to have his support and hear that he has loved his post adoption life.
    Wishing everyone on the journey progress in 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

We have our interview dates! We are very excited that things are moving again. We were a little disappointed to hear that they won't be for a few months yet, but looking on the bright side, it gives us a little more time to get our property looking just the way we want it.

Hope everyone is well and I look forward to hearing about some good news coming your way.

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello mybuby wow it's quite intense but it is quite similar to the foster care process. The agency I'm going through seem to be getting frustrated with all my questions haha but I have questions that need to be answered so I just ask anyway
    So you are booked in this July for your training session?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi randeazza I would just like to say all the best with your surgery. I'm not sure on the waiting times. I got put on the waiting list for the training in December and have been told I could be in the March training if there is a vacancy.
    Aww that would have been nice being around all those babies and would have made you clucky even more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Bubbles to you having your interviews booked in. Time will fly! So before you know it, it will be interview time! It's good you have things to keep you busy and occupied which would help a lot
    All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TeenyTot and best of luck to you as you wait for an earlier session.

Bubbles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubbles, please keep us updated on your progress