+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    your son's first 5 months sound just like mine. I'm pleased to say however that we have definitely seen an improvement since being on Pepti Junior and he is able to eat more without wriggling around in pain. He still sometimes seems uncomfortable but it's usually after he's had about 140mls (which is a massive amount for him to drink in one go during the day). We're on day 5 today so hopefully in another week we'll see more improvements.

Yesterday's food intake was the best it's ever been and he had a grand total of 920mls over 24 hours!!! Admittedly he is still waking a few times during the night for feeding as he's not taking enough during the day to keep him going, but things are certainly looking promising. Hopefully we'll be able to wean him off the Losec at some stage in the near future!?

Since he is responding to Pepti, does this mean that his intolerance to cow/soy milk protein is mild as it looks like we might not need to move to Neocate or Elecare? Or has the severity of the intolerance got nothing to do with it and doesn't work that way? Also, can it cause constipation and does this subside?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I spoke too soon about his response to Pepti and he's gone backwards again and still not taking much during the day and we're relying on the dream feeds again. Bugger! (He certainly doesn't squirm around in discomfort like he did before though).

Do you think that because we have seen some improvement but not great, that he definitely does have a CMPI and that the broken down proteins helped initially but it's just not enough to sustain it and would need the amino acid based formula?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone bubs main symptoms for CMPI been chronic constipation. My DD was diagnosed when she was 3 months old and at that point was fully BF as she had probably only done a maximum of 15 poo's since birth, had recently gone 17 days with out pooing, then needed 2 enema's (everyone kept telling me it was normal for a BF baby to not poo regualy) and then they found a tear in her bottom from the constipation and FINALY refered me to a PEAD. She also had really bad reflux (maybe throw up 40 times a day) but they said as she was a happy chucker and thriving that they wouldn't investigate or treat. She would scream constantly and would only sleep being bounced over our knees on her tummy (we nicknamed her the beast at one stage).

So I have been on a Dairy and soy free diet since and every time I try to have dairy she goes backwards. She is also on 10mls of lactulose a day which helps her poo but when I tried introdusing soy into my diet not even 20ml of lactulose would help her go. So I have been weaning her onto Pepti Junior for the past month and the reflux has basicly disappeared but the constipation is still there. I don't like my pead and am going to change but I'm wondering if maybe Neocate or Elecare might help. So has anyone elses bub's main symptom been consitpation and if so has it improved with diferent formula's? My Pead has said she can stay on the laxitive indefinatley but to me that just seems like a bandaid solution!

Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi seziek,

My DS didn't used to have constipation issues until we changed his formula to Elecare (and previously Pepti Junior). Both of these formula's block him up and we now rely on laxatives (and sometimes even suppositories) for him to poo.

So in my sons case, it is actually the formula that is blocking him up. However it's better for his tummy and we just have to keep up the laxatives and he's fine.

The paed is happy for him to keep taking laxatives and said it's common for these types of formula's to cause constipation. So imagine as your baby has a history of constipation, it would be even more so with Pepti Junior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi workingclassmum could u suggest a melbourne paediatrician (PM me) for my 19 weeks old to see , i don't think we are getting the right help with feeding issues that sound similar. thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blossumbaby View Post
    hi workingclassmum could u suggest a melbourne paediatrician (PM me) for my 19 weeks old to see , i don't think we are getting the right help with feeding issues that sound similar. thanks
    I know you directed this to WCM but to let you know, after similar paed/GP issues, I diagnosed CMPI in DS1 and finally saw a paed who agreed with me and didn't belittle me or say it was baloney. Her name is Diana Johnston and she works out of Frances Perry House in the city. Be warned though, her waiting list is about 3 months.