+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    F-ed if I know, but its ridiculous!
    Once I worked out what DS's problem was he was fine... once it was pointed out that DD was heading down the same track, no more dairy = no more back arching and screaming. Minor miracle? Coincidence?
    Ah no.

It was never pointed out to me by the paed, never by the ECN, never by the GP. I worked it out by myself with DS.
    DD is almost 7 months (hear that Ally Almost 7, whole, months *sob*) and she can't tolerate any CMP at all, even through BM :/ Puke City

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I found most parents go to their GP, GPO fobs them off & they dont take it any further. They dont push to find out why etc.

There was a thread the other day where someones child had stopped breathing when they refluxed but they stayed home instead of going to the hospital cause they'd been made to feel like a fool by their GP.

That is not cool in my books.

DS stops breathing when he reflux's, it not something to take lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzees mum View Post
    Lactose intolerant

Thats just cruel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, how long would it take to see an improvement by using a hydrolised formula IF DS has an intolerance? We tried Neocate for 3 days a while ago (my paed wanted us to trial it before writing a script) and he actually seemed worse so we didn't bother getting a prescription. I guess 3 days is not long enough. Not sure he liked the taste either - plus it stinks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faith72 View Post
    So, how long would it take to see an improvement by using a hydrolised formula IF DS has an intolerance? We tried Neocate for 3 days a while ago (my paed wanted us to trial it before writing a script) and he actually seemed worse so we didn't bother getting a prescription. I guess 3 days is not long enough. Not sure he liked the taste either - plus it stinks!!
    about two weeks - the digestive system is very slow to heal as say compared to our mouth (the quickest healing area)

if Bub's is intolernt, it takes 24 hours at least for the last of the trigger food to move through the system, then the inflamation eases off and then the 'healing' starts - the intestional flora needs to re-blanance itself as well, and then it needs to get used to working properly - so all told generally two weeks

There should be a general improvement after 24 hours

Neocate DOES taste foul (and it stinks IMO), but kids do get used to the flavour fairly quickly in my experience.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post

Thats just cruel!
    Its been a bit of a private joke between ally and my self for about 3 years, Both her and I hit our heads agaist brick walls trying to explain the difernt between LI, lactose over load and MSPI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its been a bit of a private joke between ally and my self for about 3 years, Both her and I hit our heads agaist brick walls trying to explain the difernt between LI, lactose over load and MSPI

Do you think the walls are getting softer???

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Do you think the walls are getting softer???
    Yes some what.

I remember a thread on here a few years ago that had me wanting to punch something

"so whats reflux anyway " Something like that basicly about it being nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    well we had the GI appointment today and as Mikenzees mum says, yep he seems to think that it's caused by stomach being slow to empty hence why he can only take about 60mls at any one time without squirming in pain. He's prescribed Pepti Junior Gold formula to see if CMPI intolerance is to blame.

Anyone else had the diagnosis of slow emptying stomach and CMPI was the cause?

I forgot to ask him the next steps "if" the formula did not help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faith72 View Post
    well we had the GI appointment today and as Mikenzees mum says, yep he seems to think that it's caused by stomach being slow to empty hence why he can only take about 60mls at any one time without squirming in pain. He's prescribed Pepti Junior Gold formula to see if CMPI intolerance is to blame.

Anyone else had the diagnosis of slow emptying stomach and CMPI was the cause?

I forgot to ask him the next steps "if" the formula did not help.

Hey

If cows milk protien intolerance is the problem you may not see much change with pepti as that is only partialy broken down so if that doesnt help they may change to neocate or elecare instead. How they can help with gastric emptying is that they are already broken down ( digested really ).

Did they start him on any medication for the emptying ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey

Did they start him on any medication for the emptying ??
    No, he didn't mention anything about meds for emptying. So there are meds around that work for that? He just said to try this new formula and he'll see us in 6 weeks time.

Is Pepti Junior simply like a HA formula???