+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low Papp-A... a little afraid !

Hi !

First of all, I'd like to tell you I am a French Canadian so... excuse my English but I can't find anything in french related to this topic, so I decided to join you

The doctor discovered this morning that I had a low Papp-A rate (0,22 instead of at least 0,44, which is quite low apparently). All the rest is fine and there is no risk of any chromosomic problem whatsoever apparently. They are much more concerned about risks concerning the baby due to high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia, etc. in the future (right now everything is fine, I am 12 weeks pregnant)

The doctor added that it sounded dangerous, said like that, BUT that it was quite experimental, that I should NOT worry, etc. Easy to say after you hear such a thing

What do you think of that ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ** bump ** and Welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ni idea ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have not experienced this myself.

I think there are a number of risks that go with it including what you posted.

The thing with risk factors is that no matter how high the risk it does not mean it will happen to you. You could have one of them happen or you might sail through without any at all. I worried for much of my pregnancy as I was an older mum to be and I had been told that a lot of things were likely to happen. None of them did. I wished I had stressed less and enjoyed the pregnancy more.
    Try to enjoy your pregnancy now and worry about complications if they arise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had low papp A results too and went on to have a healthy baby and good pregnancy

I understand your concern I searched and searched for info on this and found very little

good luck and keep asking questions if you have further concerns
    I would agree with Amara

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amara and Marlin

As time goes by, I am stressing a little less (13 weeks now) but I have always been stressed for a lot of things even before being pregnant so I am not sure I can stop that I'll try some alternative methods such as yoga or even acupuncture soon !

I am sometimes thinking that all those tests stress people more than they reassure them sometimes, no ? This test is not even recommanded by doctors here so that's why I am wondering how reliable it is...

Thanks anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never replied to this but wanted to give you some feedback (2 years after... oops )

Pregnancy went perfect and I gave birth to a healty baby boy with absolutely no problem whatsoever

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower79 For This Useful Post:

angenrod  (06-05-2012)