+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Yeast Infection During Pregnancy

Hi all, Im 14w4d Pregnant and i have recently developed what i am pretty sure is a yeast infection. There is some clumpy white discharge, theres no odour, it is SOOOOOOO itchy its unbearable it stings a bit when i pee but i think its cause its already irritated. I cant get hold of my midwife or my doc and i cant get in to see my antenatal carers until JUNE!!! I tried to get a docs appoinment elsewhere but they wanted file transferes etc. I have googled yeast infections and i am suffering the symptoms of a yeast infection, I know you CANT take the oral pill but i have been told the cream is perfectly safe to use, Do i need a perscription to get yeast infection cream? i am terrible worried about the baby and this itching is driving me crazy. I live in south Australia. Thanks for any help in advance. Scarlet x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just go to your local chemist darling . . tell them you have thrush and are pregnant .. and they have a few things you can use .. and dont be embarassed . . a lot of preggies get it !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much KaM for your reply i am going to go to the chemist in the morning thanks for your help it was much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The chemist will definately help you with some canesten. If you can get the pessary then thats great, but don't use the applicator, the pharmacist will tell you the same. Stay clear of the oral pill, my pharmacist sold it to me, luckily I was on the ball.
    The itching is horrible, isn't it. Hope it clears up for you quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The chemist will definately help you with some canesten. If you can get the pessary then thats great, but don't use the applicator, the pharmacist will tell you the same. Stay clear of the oral pill, my pharmacist sold it to me, luckily I was on the ball.
    The itching is horrible, isn't it. Hope it clears up for you quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^^ Yep, when I was pregnant I bought the pessary, but inserted with my finger as opposed to the applicator (as recommended by the pharmacist). It was an easy one step treatment (although it can be gross when the table starts breaking down ) And natural yoghurt works wonders for the itching Sounds strange, but trust me. I have had more than my fair share of yeast infections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with my 3rd baby and I have had thrush every pregnancy. Apparently women are prone to get it while pregnant, so don't worry!
    Ask the chemist for Caneston cream for thrush (I didn't take the oral pill, only used the cream with applicators).
    It was soooo much better after only a day or 2.
    Hope this helps

nuttamum is offline Life is what happens when your busy making plans.....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    can i ask, how come you cant take the thrush pill while pregnant? i have thrush for the second time in this pregnancy and was thinking of getting the pill to clear it up straight away.....

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh hun I know what you are going through its horrible isnt it?

I had it during my last weeks of pregnancy with DS2.....go the canesten (sp?) cleared mine up in a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been getting it on and off for about 8 weeks now. I'm 33 wks preg and have been using the cream but it just seems to be reaccuring. The chemist I spoke with today suggested I take inner health plus, so I'm going to give that ago also. So annoying - damn pregnancy hormones!