Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby #3 the pull out method
    Baby #4 the rhytm method

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow im actually surprised that the pill is winning atm! Some contraceptive! lmao

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well with us it was withdrawal method. We'd been together a good 9 years using this method and never had as much as a scare - then I was 10 weeks along when I found out DD was on her way. She was a surprise however I did decide to start taking vitex about five months before I got preg- because I suspected my hormones were off and I didn't want to take the pill. I just wanted to feel better!! Aww well she's so much my world now I wouldn't change a thing

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first was unplanned and concieved while i was on the pill...
    That said i was also on medication and no one told me that it could cancel out the pill..

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question for those who said withdrawal or pull out... Do really consider that a genuine method of contraception? Sorry, not being sarcastic or anything I really am interested.

Those got Pregnant on the Pill, we're you taking it at the same time every day, using other methods while on medication, not missing any days etc? I guess I'm interested to know how many people were taking the pill exactly by the book and still got pregnant?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Used rhythm for baby 2. I should have finished ovulating at the time - obviously not. Didn't matter coz we were going to start trying in a couple of months anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pill - took it same time every day as I was told by the doctor.... little did i know its not effective if you have been sick.... and that you need to wait atleast 7 days after being sick for it to become fully effective!
    Wouldn't change anything now! love my princess <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told the 'pull out' method isn't really effective cause pre - cum (hope i'm using the correct word ) can contain sperm.

DD1 wasn't planned as i had just been given the all clear from cervical cancer (was also told i couldn't have kids) & was on the pill (never missed one, wasn't sick, wasn't taking any medication or drinking) it just failed ! I honestly wouldn't change a thing for the world cause after battling cancer for 3 years & being told i was infertile, she was a miracle bub

After this bub is born, i'll be going back on the depo injection & using condoms for a while as well just to make sure !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I was told the 'pull out' method isn't really effective cause pre - cum (hope i'm using the correct word ) can contain sperm !
    Yeah, exactly. That's why I'm really surprised that some people are using it as a contraceptive method. It's definitely not reliable! I assume that anyone using that as their only method of contraception doesn't mind if they get pregnant. The same as someone using the pill who skips some days. If you're doing that and not using other protection you're not genuinely using it as a contraceptive, are you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    Yeah, exactly. That's why I'm really surprised that some people are using it as a contraceptive method. It's definitely not reliable! I assume that anyone using that as their only method of contraception doesn't mind if they get pregnant. The same as someone using the pill who skips some days. If you're doing that and not using other protection you're not genuinely using it as a contraceptive, are you?
    Then sometimes the pill simply fails.