+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg congratulations!!!! This whole thread just made me bawl like a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HELLOO

sorry its taken a whole week for me to get on here, but if you ever wondered what the biggest time waisting thing to do is .... well its, sitting and staring in awe at a tiny little bundle you call your child - the best time wasting thing to do !!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and best wishes over this last week .

Well SHE is here - our Beautiful Isabelle jane, she arrived without fuss or stress last Sinday 17th at 4.11pm.
    We went in Saturday night to be induced and my cervix 1cm dilated by the sunday morning after 1 shot of prostin my cervix was still 1cm dilated so another shot of prostin gel and a 6hr wait to see what would happen. during all this still in hospital, back for examination with ob at 2pm sunday and my cervix was 1.2cm dilated- not good - ob tried tried to rupture membranebut he couldnt get in far enough to do it.
    So we were given 3 options : 1- go home and wait 2. more prostin 3. c-section
    option 1 was out - i wasnt leaving without my bub and they said it could be anywhere from 1 day to 10 days. option 2 didnt fill me with hope, we asked ob what the stats were on 3 lots of prostin and he said 2 should really do the job. they left & on discussion with Andrew my gut feeling was that if we did another prostin it wasnt going to make any difference and we would end up back in birth suite @ 8pm having to make this same decission or being told that we had to have a c-sec, so whilst it was still stress free and in our control lets go get our baby.
    The best thing was in making this decision there was no frantic set up no monitoring no stress the theatre staff were relaxed not fussing and rushing, we were all having a nice little chat and before i knew it i heard this hell of a cry and went " OMG thats my baby" and she came out without the need for forceps or anything. she was given a quick check by the pead & andrew then back to me for cuddles, then off with daddy for cuddles then i arrived in recovery and we had 30 min skin time before heading up to our room and beggining our new life together.
    All i can say is the week went by so quickly, a couple of days of learning how to tap the good stuff from mums boob - now she drinks me dry. She seemed to settle into a night pattern quite quickly - to be around 7, up at 10-10.30, up at 2-2.30 then breakfast at 7am. the days are pretty good play till 9 sleep for 3-4 hrs lunch play sleep 3-4.30/5 then play dinner and bed.we came home on Friday and seemed to maintain this pattern so far. she has 2 little outings, shopping on saturday to buy some pink clothes and a stroll around the park yesterday.
    AFM i am recovering well a little tender but have been up and mobile since the monday morning and feel really good. i managed to avoid the day3 baby blues when my milk came in but they got me on Friday afternoon as i sat here watching Isabelle the reality of " i actually have a baby set " in and the tears flowed- they were happy tears though and everytime i think of how blessed we are i tear up.

i will try to post some pics now .
    Thank you again for all your love and support through this journey , you have all made it all the more precious & rewarding.

love Lots Mel & Isabelle

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

emmwill  (25-07-2011),LillyPonds  (26-07-2011),Mod-SammiAnn  (26-07-2011),Mrs J  (25-07-2011),Urban Tumbleweed  (25-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations. It has been a beautiful journey to follow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok the photo upload thing doesnt like me - can someone tell me how to do this - whats the size limit?
    thanxs Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mel, what beautiful words about your daughter Isabelle. Sounds like your oven was just too cozy for your little one to come out. Its good to hear everything went well with your C section, because I am pregnant with twins my obgyn wants me to have the babies this way and I have been quite scared of the thought, thanks for reassuring me!!

I think to post piccies (this is how I put a picture on recently)you go 'advanced post' then you will see the little paper clip icon, click on that.

Ohhh I SO cant wait to see Isabelle's picture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mel,

I had tears in my eyes when reading your story. Isabelle sounds like the perfect baby.

Congratulations and enjoy this precious time with your little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Well done Mel you certainly baked a beautiful baby, she's so cute and adorable. She sounds like she's doing awesomely and i'm so glad that the c-sec was straight forward and without fuss and you and your little Isabelle have been enjoying the first week together It is pretty amazing, you are a mummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mel
    glad your all home now and settling into things...I so badly want a little hold of Isabelle Glad Isabelles delivery was stress free

Nat
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just beautiful Mel,enjoy every minute of your precious little girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Just have to gush, mum and I got to meet baby Isabelle today and my youngest Cammy aswell. She is such a precious wee thing, we were so happy to meet her. Thanks so much to Mel and Andrew for letting us have a little cuddle, it was just wonderful.

Mel - Cammy left and he was so cute, he goes Isabelle is a treasure just like me. Then goes, you found me in the sand haha (cause that's where treasure is found!) Kids hey, so funny what they come out with. I was really surprised at Cam, he totally loved being around little baby Isabelle. Was so sweet to have cuddles and get some little smiles. If it's ok i'd like to post one of the piccies i took, but i'm also not great at figuring these things out and BH has changed it's format, so i'll try and post one