+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    tulip79 is offline There's only one beautiful child in the world and every mother has it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to agree with elieandbump. I've got the babyland Chinese ones and they work far better for me than the more expensive brands. Reason is because I can just chuck them in the washing machine with other things, and they dry quickly too. They don't absorb as much as some of the more $ ones, but I've ordered some bamboo off cut boosters from 'bamboo fabric store' (google it) to put in the pocket of the nappy. These offcuts are only 75c each. So, one babyland nappy is between $5-$10 and an additional off cut is 75c. Very cheap.
    I also have itti bitti and baby beehinds which are between $25-$35 each, but it's far too time consuming and too much work right now. Yes, they does absorb more though, but they're mire work that I can't find time for. I have these ones as they're left over from my trialling phase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Try facebook page the buy and sell mcn if your happy to use second hand ones. You can get them $5-$10 a nappy.

And correct me if I'm wrong but September is good for sales for nappies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep coz it's nappy hunt time and most have discounts but you need to be signed up to diaper decisions to get the code.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from Tiffany's Place Everything Baby .... (Brisbane based, you can pick up or shipping is reasonable anyway) Modern Cloth Nappies & Accessories
    They sell the MCN's (modern cloth nappies) at very reasonable prices - starting from only $11.00 each for a single MCN and getting cheaper the more you buy. A set of 5 is $50 and a full set of 25 is only $225. They also sell starter packs / trial packs for the modern cloth nappies / diapers if you wanted to see if you like them first. I got everything there - my MCN's, additional inserts (they are super thick and extremely absorbant, never leak!) and biodegradable, flushable nappy liners. I'm about to get some training pants now that my little girl is starting potty training. The service is good, the products are fantastic and I would recommend them every time!
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 01-02-2013 at 20:50. Reason: Please don't link to mcn stores

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our son has been in the imported nappies from about 4 or so months old (he is one now) and have never looked back!
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 02-01-2012 at 21:39.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    We've got a whole range of nappies and in all honesty I find the babyland eBay nappies to be fine for during the day as long as there's an extra booster in them. I bought some of the cushie tushie night boosters which are $9 each and quite reasonable.
    I bought these off ebay too and find them really good during the day. I also use an extra liner in them (so one inside the pocket and one just sitting on top) but DS wears a Disposable at night, he sleeps for 12 hours straight so its nicer for him to be dry. I got 20 nappies and 40 liners for $115 which I thought was really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly recommend Pixie Poppits by New Age Nappies (they have a website). They are a very reasonably priced OSFM pocket nappy with microfibre inserts and velcro closure, and are $20 full price but u can often get them on sale or in packages for much cheaper than this. U can also purchase spare inserts sets for $4 which is amazingly cheap. I converted SIL to cloth and she did not want to spend a lot so I recommended Pixie Poppits, and it's basically all she uses now! Definintely check them out, Kristy from New Age Nappies is very helpful so u could easily ask her any questions u may have. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info ladies..... Ive decided Nip Naps look good so i'll give their trial pack a go

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use Bamboonies Velcro Pocket Nappies. My babe has sensitive skin & these were great for her. She can also get 12hrs out of these so great for nights too. Just checked and you can get 12 nappies for $218 or $19 each. We would never pay any more than $28 for a nappy.
    Last edited by MelB10; 01-02-2013 at 19:41.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cheap but good modern cloth nappies

Last edited by gnomesy; 01-02-2013 at 20:03.