+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Keep in mind also.. that even though a certain brand of nappy may have rave reviews.. it doesnt mean it will fit your baby as best it could.. sometimes you just have to try a few and stick with the one that fits best. My son is very skinny and long and so he may not fit all MCN's.. some would just gape too much at the sides. I recommend trying a couple, see how you like and then buy more if you love them..

P.s you have to LOVE them.. they do become and addiction.. Im kind of sad my son is potty training, and regretful I didnt discover MCN's until he was 18 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're considering Baby Beehinds fitted nappies and you're looking for good value, I'd suggest also having a look at Mandy Macs. You can get a 12 pack of Mandy Mac hemp fitted nappies on Ebay for much less than BBH. You will still need covers though, and BBH PUL covers are one of the best value covers out there. But if you've got a skinny legged bub you'd be better off going with something like Thirsties covers. Again, look on Ebay. Our DD has skinny legs and the BBH covers just don't wrap tight enough round her legs to hold those runny poops!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow so many passionate women about their MCNs! Thanks you have all been so helpful. I think I am going to 'bite the bullet' and give one cheap ebay one a go. Just to see. Hey if they turn out to be crappy it's only a few dollars

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a couple of mcn's but mainly flats (our baby is here yet ) i would love to have heaps of mcn's(cause i love them) but it takes too long (1-2 days) to dry mcn's here because it is rainly and over cast for most of the year .i dont what to use the dryer cause it can effect the mcn's life. just thought i would let you know about the drying time.good luck

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purska View Post
    we have a couple of mcn's but mainly flats (our baby is here yet ) i would love to have heaps of mcn's(cause i love them) but it takes too long (1-2 days) to dry mcn's here because it is rainly and over cast for most of the year .i dont what to use the dryer cause it can effect the mcn's life. just thought i would let you know about the drying time.good luck
    Ill let you know how we go
    Planning on having our washing in our bedroom, with the heater overnight, and the MCNs out on the line for whatever sunshine we get.
    We'll have a few months over winter to practice before your bubs is here, will keep you updated

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought some MCN of Ebay as a trial and liked them so much I ordered another 15. I have had BBH AIO and Bamboo, Pea-Pods and normal terry fitteds and I like my Ebay ones the best. They worked out about $6 including postage and all came with two boosters but so far I have not needed two. The brand was Rainbow BB-you can order a sample-I got 4 for $18 before I ordered more. The first time I trialled them on DS I thought he had not peed for 3 hours because the lining was so dry!!The insert was actually soaked...

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    you can also check out "Buy and Sell you MCNs on Face Book" if you want to buy some second hand to reduce the outlay...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't buy sized nappies if you want value for money. itti bittis, peapods, etc they get outgrown. Peapods arent good quality IMO anyway. Ittis are but you have to buy a whole new stash when bub grows. But a OSFA, best value quality IMO is Issy Bears, you can get them for $29 each but can usually get em on sale for 26.

Also try the facebook group Buy and Sell your second hand MCNs for good bargains.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    I bought some MCN of Ebay as a trial and liked them so much I ordered another 15. I have had BBH AIO and Bamboo, Pea-Pods and normal terry fitteds and I like my Ebay ones the best. They worked out about $6 including postage and all came with two boosters but so far I have not needed two. The brand was Rainbow BB-you can order a sample-I got 4 for $18 before I ordered more. The first time I trialled them on DS I thought he had not peed for 3 hours because the lining was so dry!!The insert was actually soaked...
    Ahh thanks! Exactly what I wanted to hear from someone. I knew there would be some good experiences with them, just had to find the right ebay ones to try. Have def been tossing up between Rainbow BBs, Sunbaby and another Asian brand...you've convinced me to give Rainbow BBs a go! Would you mind PM me the seller's link or username that you used?

Good to hear about the liners too! I was actually going to give it a go to make them myself at one stage (whole nappy) but I thought why not try the ebay ones and purchase some bamboo fabric and make my own liners if they leak/aren't as absorbant as the more expensive brand that do use bamboo... (plus if I am just doing the liner it will be so much easier than a whole nappy!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We've got a whole range of nappies and in all honesty I find the babyland eBay nappies to be fine for during the day as long as there's an extra booster in them. I bought some of the cushie tushie night boosters which are $9 each and quite reasonable.