+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cheap but good modern cloth nappies

Hi, I am interested in MCN but the only thing that puts me off is the price. I can get a packet of nappies from Aldi for $17 so I don't want to spend heaps on MCNs. I have seen some of the 'good' brands can be around $40! Then there's the ebay ones from China but I just don't know if they will actually work....

so can anyone give me some tips on where they purchased their good but reasonably priced MCN's online?? or if the ebay ones turned out to be just as good, which store or seller did you get them from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You need to be really careful with the one's from China - what are they made of? Bamboo or hemp inserts are the most absorbent - cotton or micro-fibre doesn't hold much. I like bamboo inserts the best - also some of the Chinese made nappies can be big and bulky.

I use Itti Bitti nappies. I brought myself a trial pack for them - 2 nappies for $50. It gives you their 2 types and from their I decided I liked the snap-in-ones. Then I ordered a bulk pack of 13 nappies for $325.00 and my mum got me another trial pack. This gave me 17 nappies for day time use and the cost about $25.00 each.

I spent $425 on nappies and I used these same nappies from 3 1/2 months until DD was 18 months old. This works out at about $28 a month for 15 months. I do a nappy wash every 2nd morning and use hardly any washing powder. I haven't noticed any change in my water bill and they don't really take any more time to wash.

You can put bulk packs on layby, also there is an Australian website called Buy for Baby that sells 2nd hand nappies cheaply - a bit like ebay.

If you go to the cloth nappy section someone there may be able to recommend a cheaper nappy.

Goodluck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nudey Rudey MCN

Hi
    Im a fan of the Nudey Rudey brand. Really comfy, durable and work out fairly cost effective based on the current exchange rate and free postage.

I bought a bakers dozen pack and then was given a 6 pack by a friend (more nappies than I need even if i had twins)
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 07-05-2010 at 21:27. Reason: no links please :)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What you need to remember is that that $ you spend each week on sposies, is a continuous outlay. With MCN you buy you stash, slowly if need be and then that is it, no more big cost. Only washing powder or liwuid or whichever you will use.

I like the Itti Bitti's, if you layby them in bulk the price is not so shocking. I like babybeehinds for night times too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my first ever MCNs off ebay and they SUCK!!!! Do not buy cheap MCN's

I ended up going with Baby Bee Hinds after that and have not looked back.. BBH's rock!! AND they are very reasonably priced!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a fulltime package (24 nappies, 4 covers and 12 boosters) for $575 from Nip Naps. They are great and I couldn't be happier. They are one size so they fit from newborn to toilet training.

It is a lot of money in one hit but then you dont have the ongoing costs you would have with disposables.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use Pea pods! they are fantastic. i have not tried any others apart from disposables and i love these.

they are 19.95 each and night boosters are 4 bucks

on the peapods.com.au site they have a deal where you buy 10 nappies and get 1 free and 2 free boosters.

i bought 20 nappies and got 2 free and 4 night boosters it cost me $400 at the start but that is all i have paid for 6 months worth of nappies and they will last till TT and my other kids!(i had caeser and used diposables for 2 moths as i couldnt do much!!) i have 22 nappies and can get around 3 days out of them before i need to do a load of nappies

hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go with BBH!!!!! They're amazing nappies, I'm using larges (in magicalls) on my kids at the moment (my DD is a HUGE baby, its not exactly normal for her to be in larges , DS wasn't till he was 1!!) and I can't fault them!
    Their fitteds in bamboo are great too, they're one of the most cost effective as well as good quality nappies around. Check out the cloth nappy section

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our family foster babies/children so we use BBH! They work with a newborn on month and a big 4year old other. They are very reasonably priced and last about 2 years or more.

We also love bambooty.(nice and slim for under clothes
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 13-11-2010 at 23:39. Reason: no links please

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tonnes of different ones but recently bought an Earfts one off ebay,its a waterproof pocket nappie and bamboo lined with a bamboo insert.Drys in no time and fits xellent!!
    Would love to hear from anyone whos used these over a long time frame as i want more,not sure how well they last,but very good so far. It cost me $10 plus $5.90 post!!!