+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo,

I know how you feel. I have just under a month untill i start the ICSI rollercoaster. I am trying not to get my hopes up but can't help but be a little excited about the fact that i maybe pregnant in less than 3 months.

Goodluck with your journey!

Sending heaps of your way!!!

Megan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Im new to BH and was browsing this topic As silly as it sounds.. its nice to know there are other people out there with similar situations.. Ive never known anyone to have fertility issues, so when we recently discovered DH's problems, I was terrified.

My situation is quite similar to lindylou78... DH had undescended testes as a child, and now the boys sit too close to his body and as a result, has caused testicular atrophy... (or as out doc so eloquently put it "dead testes")
    Coupled with that he also has testicular microlithiasis.. found in about 0.5% of the male population.

We get the results of the SA tonight (if DH ever gets home from work!) and from here we will now if he even has spermies

I do love the idea of a cooling device! Poor DH barely gets through the door anymore before Im telling him to get his undies off

Doc also put him on menevit, Ive banned alcohol and caffeine in all forms, coffee, coke, and he can only have green tea... Oh yes, Im a nazi!
    We eat healthy anyway so that parts easy!

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Belizeli,

Nice to meet you

Good luck with your SA results tonight. When we had my DH tested and the report said 0.9 million, my first reaction was "oh that's good, he's got 900 000 and we only need one to make a baby". How naive was I!! At least we can do ICSI without using needles to get the sperm, so that's one positive I guess.

Once I've fine tuned my protoype testicle cooler , I'll be happy to share with you!

Not sure if you already know this- sorry if you do- but it takes 3 months for new sperm to mature. So after making any dietary, environmental or other changes, these can take up to 3 months to take effect. So if this is your DH's 1st SA, he should have a follow up in 4-6 months time to see if the vitamins and no alcohol/caffeine is helping.
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 07-06-2010 at 17:43. Reason: added last paragraph

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that lindylou! I had no idea it took 3 months... wow. Actually thats fantastic news.. last night we found out DH has zero sperm count Been struggling big time with it. If by some miracle the menevit can actually make a swimmer or 2, even via biopsy, it would open the door that was slammed in our face last night, to ICIS...

Ill have to call DH right now, any "maybe" is a positive right now.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face

Thanks
    Reviews
    belizeli,

Just wanted to let you know a little about my story as we are in the same boat as you.

DH's first SA came back as zero sperm. We were sent to see a FS who sent DH off for bt's and physicals. They found no blockages and all of the blood tests came back negative. The only thing they could find was that DH's testes are a fraction smaller than average.

DH is a litlle overweight and was a big drinker, so the FS suggested he improve his diet and start to exercise and give up all alcohol for 4 months.
    When we went back for the SA 4 months later they found 4 sperm, all imotile but still 4 sperm all the same.

Our FS believes that when DH has a biopsy in a couple of months time that he will find sperm that he can use for ICSI. I have also put DH on Menevit, Co Q10 and a Men's multi vitamin to see if this will help improve his SA results.

I just wanted to tell this story to let you know that there is still hope for yourself and your DH.

Goodluck with your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    puffsgirl11, glad they did manage to find some sperm. Isnt if funny when you have zero that even 4 is a miracle......

belizeli, Im sorry for the news you got. I received the same phone call about six weeks ago. Hope you and DH were able to chat and find a way forward.

lindylou78, 3mths of diet/lifestyle changes before you see any changes...I cant even get DH to remember his ABs for one month...

Moo, wow, so soon then you can get started. This whole process seems to be all about waiting...so its great you are able to start so quickly.

puffsgirl11, some one has to get lucky and get a BFP on their first go....why cant that be you!!!!!

Anyhow Im meant to be at work so I should at least go read my emails....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Puffsgirl, thanks for sharing your story and certainly has given me a new perspective. Hopefully your DH's count continues to rise.

Belizeli, so sorry that you didn't get the results you were hoping for, but glad you've cheered up knowing things can change in a matter of 3 months.

Jacklicky, lucky for me my DH is good about taking his vitamins. He has one of those 7-day pill boxes, fills it up and keeps it on the top shelf of the fridge door. That way when he opens the fridge- voila- instant reminder!

Moo & Puffsgirl, Good luck with your upcoming ICSI cycles. I second what jacklicky said, here's hoping you both get a BFP 1st go .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to shout out a big thankyou to everyone in this forum.

When we were diagnosed with MFI I honestly thought we were the only couple to ever have this and I thought that it meant we would never have children.

Reading everyone's stories and words of encouragement have helped me tremendously and I hope everyone gets their and i am sending out heaps of to everyone1

Hopefully next year we can all look back on this thread and remember the hard and emotional times whilst holding our much wanted babies in our arms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Puffsgirl, thanks for sharing your story, Every little one of these stories gives me that bit of strength to go on.
    You're right, 4 is still 4, Id be over the moon for just 1 right now.

Our FS appt is on the 22nd.. so its only a few weeks away, which is a relief, the doctor said it could take up to 2 months, so this was nice to hear.
    His going rate is $190 per visit!! Yikes, I knew it was going to be expensive but I got a little shock from that on hehe

Wishing you all BFPs on your upcoming cycles <3

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High FSH in men?

Hi All,

Thought I'd pop in with a little update after seeing our FS yesterday.

I got some rather shocking news that back in 2008, DH's BT had very high FSH and he was recommended to immediately freeze some sperm . After my appointment, I asked him about it and he had a vague memory we were supposed to go back for 'something'.... Suffice it to say he'll not be going to any appointments alone in future!!

So what does high FSH mean for men? I should've asked the FS while I was there, but guess I was too shellshocked to think straight. I did some googling and seems it can be an indicator of a chromosomal defect (like Klinefelters). One article said that the higher the FSH, the lower the sperm count. Basically, high FSH means there's a testicular failure of some sort. Has anyone come across this before and has a story to share?

Now DH is having all the BT's and SA redone to see where he's at.

On the plus side, if they find sperm in the new SA, we can start ICSI next month!

More from me later when we have some results. Hope you lovely ladies are all well.