+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had more great news today - it's really quite unbelievable and I keep having to shake my head - day 3 embryo results - 7 x 8A (absolutely perfect) and 1 x 7B (a bit behind, but crazily we would have used this one on any of our previous 8 cycles, and this time this one won't even get a look in!!).

They did assisted hatching today in preparation for transfer on Wednesday (which probably was needed for my old eggs, but probably not actually necessary on these eggs, but done now). So it kind of looks like that old eggs were equally at fault as MFI issue.

Anyhow, we're hedging towards transferring just 1 embryo - I like the idea of twins, but personally don't like the risk factors, premie births and difficulty carrying them when I'm not super fit, plus thyroid issues. On a side note my FS also rang to say that even though he's increased my dose of Thyroxine, my TSH still hasn't gone below 4 (which is only just a tad higher than normal range). He's never worried about it before in my previous cycles with him, but I've read recently that now some FSs like TSH to be below 2. So he's increased the dosage again. Has anyone heard anything about Thyroid levels and implantation?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 14-05-2014 at 14:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in quickly to say we transferred one expanded blastocyst this morning :-)) Prof I was happy with that, and so are we! In the end, day 5 results were 2 x expanded blasts (one which we transferred, the other frozen), 2 x morulas (both frozen), 3 x 8-12 cells (that they'll keep until day 6 and see if they progress enough for freezing), and the runt that turned into a morula, but was graded C so unsuitable for freezing. So at the moment we have 3 embies frozen, which is amazing, since we've never had any ever before. Now just settle in, keep myself busy and wait out for BT on 26 May :-)) Thanks everyone again for all your lovely wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @CinderElla88: have you started the IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhop.... I got you PM, but couldn't reply because your inbox is apparently full. Unfortunately I can't give any tips about the injecting, as I always have my eyes shut tightly, and my DH does all that!!

And, also I can't give any reassurance about signs and symptoms of pregnancy, as it hasn't happened to me. But your first one did take, so there's no reason why this one won't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, I cleared the inbox.

Lucky for you that DH is doing it. I had enough of panic from yesterday drama with the pregynl. It didn't hurt less!

Well, you know. TWW is terrible. This time is worse than last......i was a bit more relax last time since it was over christmas. Bertie, I believe it will happen to you one day. You are doing IVIG again and hopefully it builds up in your system this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm sorry I've been out of action on this forum. An update:

After we found no Sperm, we decided to go donor sperm option. We started counselling at Melbourne IVF but were not happy with the donor process. We have registered with both clinics, Melbourne IVF and the second wit city fertility. Comparing both we prefer city fertility by far. There isn't a waiting list and they have very friendly staff. There is no waiting list and after only a week we are now seeing the donor list on Wednesday. Compared to the factory process at Melbourne IVF we really found city fertility extremely caring and took time to explain to us much more about the process. it is also cheaper. With Melbourne IVF we had to pay $1400 to see the sperm donor list but free to see the list at city fertility. U pay when you select a donor. The mentioned that they have 47 donors at the moment.

I am repenting for not going to city fertility as For the first cycle. We are seeing Dr David Wilkinson who is absolutely adorable and knowledgeable.

Hoping we find a donor & if we do we start our IVF cycle in feb.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Femmefatal For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also forgot to mention that I have 14 eggs frozen Melbourne IVF to my first cycle. will keep these frozen for when I choose to have a second sibling later on down the track. So will be starting a fresh cycle in February. I am not sure about iui or IVF at this stage but will find a donor and will decide based on number of vials available for that donor.

Hope everyone is doing well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Femmefatal For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.... I just wanted to drop in quickly and say, you're not going to believe it but I am PREGNANT!!!!!! Yes, it's a BFP!!!! No, I'm not joking. My Hcg level is 150 (19dpo or 19dp when I had the IUI). My FS called me himself, and I knew by looking at the number that it was his desk and not the nurses (trust him to get to make the BFP calls and leave the nurses usually to make the BFN calls!!)

Anyhow, after he told me, all I could blurt out was, "Are you sure?" He says yes, but still all I say again is, "Are you actually sure?" Then I broke down crying, but thankfully I was at my Mum's so she did the rest of the talk with him (!!!). Strangely he said that my progesterone level is also 150, so she queried that both numbers were the same, but he just said that anything above 50 is good. I go for next BT on Monday. He did say, not to get too excited, as many people miscarry - I know that, but gee thanks!!

So what did I do different this time than the previous 12 failed IVF cycles? I didn't bother to eat pineapple core, I didn't do acupuncture, I didn't go for any exercise and have been a lazy bum, I ate soft cheese and I ate a lot of chocolate everyday for the whole two weeks!!! On the positives, I think having Intrallipids / IVIG over the past 6 months have built up in my system, my dosage of Dex was increased by half and by not having a transfer, there was no chance of my uterus going into a spasm, but rather the embryo found it's own place to implant.

And yes, I've been shaking my head all afternoon, as I really have no symptoms. I would have only have had a couple of slight twinges, no different to twinges that I get all the time, during a cycle or not, it's always the same. So there you go, no symptoms mean nothing.

I rang G to see what the next plan with Dr M is. She said he may increase some doses and will book in an IVIG, but it's been three hours so am thinking I'll have to call her again. I know the IVIG wouldn't be tomorrow (Sat) and more likely in a week, so probably won't fuss now until Monday when I know the level of the second BT.

Can't believe that I booked my 4 weeks long service leave for SA, have sent all those test results to CFC, have got my donor list down to a dozen, and now I don't need it (well, I guess, I'll see how I go). Probably still good to have a back-up plan! Not quite sure how I'm going to explain to work that I'm not going on "holiday" to SA now. Will have to find some good excuse for that!!

I just can't believe so many things about this BFP. But most importantly how I did 8 full stim cycles of my own (all those injections, invasive hospital EPUs etc) and 4 FETs using my sister's donor eggs (including counselling sessions for us all), and how do I get my first ever BFP???? Yes, by good ole' turkey basting (using anon donor sperm).

Thank you everyone who has given me such support and encouragement every step of the way. I know that I just have to take each day as it comes now, but I couldn't have done it without following everyone on here, making plans and giving ideas.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (23-12-2014),DJ Nette  (19-12-2014),Sariele  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's AMAZING Bertie!!! Ohh, I'm sending every single sticky vibe I can muster! A whole dozen tubes of Tarzan's Grip! I can't believe you have to wait til Monday for the follow-up BT though, that's just mean.

I'm so happy for you. Please let this be your take-home baby.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)