+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bertie it could be the Pregnyl, or it could be a faint proper BFP. Especially doing one in the afternoon I'm not surprised it was faint.

I was on Ovidrel shots after transfer, but I still used HPT's several days before my BT - the first was so faint I thought it was just leftover from the Ovidrel too, but they did get a tiny bit stronger using FMU over the next couple of days.

The HPT's never got anywhere close to the strength of the test line, even though my BT came back with a very healthy HCG of 187 12dp3dt.

There is still hope for you yet! I'm wishing the best outcome for you, but even if it turns out to be a BFN this time around, I hope that you can take some comfort in knowing that you have done everything you could to give those embies the best chance possible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that... No, I guess I haven't given up hope yet - maybe that's secretly why I haven't burst out crying yet!! I will test again Sat and Sun - perhaps in the morning now, since I've read that's actually better to do it. I did google some "positive" HPT stick pictures on the internet and managed to find a whole heap that are as faint as mine!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MGC Bertie: yes, i am just going to say that the hcg test is better in the morning. Dont give up! Hugs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I re-tested this morning, and the exact same "faintest of faint" lines is still there. No, it's not weaker nor is it stronger. Still there. I've tried holding them in different light, one above the other and then the other way round, but they're the same. So no more definite one way or another. Will test again tomorrow :-))

The only thing different about the two tests is actually the control line - yesterdays afternoon test (14dpo) is a bit blurry, while todays morning test (15dpo) is bright and crisp. I would have thought the two control lines would have looked the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know they say it's invalid, but I actually found it was helpful to compare the hpts from different days when they were completely dry. I was surprised how much clearer the difference was between them then. Still fingers crossed for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of curiosity, I used few of the left over HPT cheapies. I have plenty anyway! Like Arlais said in previous post, the cheapy ones never show distinct positive line. It is always fainter than the control line. My cheapie instruction actually says that if there is a faint line, considered yourself positive, which I already knew that I am preg. Well, at least i know the cheapie is working. I have never seen positive in my life before with them!

I know that you aren't using the cheapie but let's hope it is real! FX!!!!!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very tiny bit spotting. I went to the hospital. Bad news. Hcg level dropped. Dh cried his heart out from the hospital to home. I cried a bit and didnt sleep prett much the whole night. It isnt that i am not sad. I just couldnt accept it just yet -- my boobs finally sore! Called ivfa first thing as soon as they r open. They want me to do the BT and send the result over tmr. I am hoping that the hospital makes a mistake, missing a zero at the end of the number. I know unlikely.........worst birthday present ever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post

The only thing different about the two tests is actually the control line - yesterdays afternoon test (14dpo) is a bit blurry, while todays morning test (15dpo) is bright and crisp. I would have thought the two control lines would have looked the same.
    Nope, the control lines frequently looked different on mine (FRER), and I used to analyse them almost as much as the test line when I was POAS like crazy with my BFP. The test line generally reflects what the control line looks like, e.g. if the control line is thicker/darker/uneven compared to that of another test, then the test line will be affected in the same way. Hope that makes sense! It's hard to explain without showing examples, hehe. I really hope it was still there and darker this morning??
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I know they say it's invalid, but I actually found it was helpful to compare the hpts from different days when they were completely dry. I was surprised how much clearer the difference was between them then. Still fingers crossed for you!
    Absolutely this. I was going to say this too. I would be killing myself with anxiety cause a test wasn't any darker than the day before, and was sometimes lighter even, but if I gave it at least a couple of hours to dry out, it was much more comforting to compare.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    bbhope - I'm really sorry hun, that totally sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope... I'm very sorry to hear that. I just can't make sense of why an embryo goes as far as to implant and then decides not to stick round. It's just not fair. Thinking of you and your poor DH xx

AFM.... today's line is still there, but it is now definitely fainter than the last two days, so I'm 99.9% sure it's now just the Pregnyl fading (day 7 now after last Pregnyl booster). So I've had my big cry with DH this morning, and now just trying to be as calm as possible until BT and the dreaded phonecall tomorrow. Then will start making a few new plans.

Sariele.... yes, that's kind of what I thought and have been comparing the control lines too. Anyhow, I think it's pretty pointless now :-(( Nevermind.