+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bbhope... congratulations on your BFP. That's the best news ever!!

If you don't mind sharing the gory details, I'm interested in knowing, now with knowledge of hindsight, why you didn't think your spotting was implantation bleeding a couple of days ago, when now it has turned out to be that. What was different? I know everyone is different. I've had no signs at all, but I'm hoping that since your first sign was at 6dp5dt, then maybe mine might still come (I'm presently at 7dp3dt, and yes, driving myself crazy by lack of any twitch or sign).
    I usually have spotting one day before turning into full flow the next day for my period. I did charting when TTC. My luteal phase is ranging from 11--14 days. So on 6dp5dt, it is pretty much spot on within the luteal phase. The only big difference is that I had cramping on and off that day. I don't get cramping at all for my period. Sometime uncomfortable. That's all. Actually, the cramping felt worse than having the EPU (the cramping from EPU felt very different!). I was in bed the whole time. I also had this weird contraction in the sleep, then seeing the blood in the morning certainly didn't give me a good feeling. On Christmas day, it hadn't turned into full flow. The amount of spotting was getting less and less and then no more on Saturday (10dp5dt). On the 3rd day, it is more pink, red than brown. I wasn't sure if it is a mini period due to progesterone suppressing it or what.

Another thing to add is that I usually have sore boobs just before O and continue until AF arrives. My boobs became less sore day by day and were completely not sore on the day of the bleed. With so many evidences against me.....i was pretty worried.

I also thought that implantation occurs on day 6--10 after O so I was expecting the bleed to occur between that window. That's day 11 for me.
    Last edited by bbhope; 30-12-2013 at 20:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope... when they say "implantation bleeding" I was only imagining a couple of spots (e.g. where the embryo digs a little scratch and latches on), but how you describe it seems more blood than what I kind of thought. I know everyone is different, but it's good to know exactly what "different" can mean, so you've got an idea of both ends of the scale. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Implantation bleeding doesn't always occur either - I think it's only something like 30% of women experience it?

I never had it myself. I couldn't tell if any of my post-transfer symptoms were genuine either as I was on hcg booster shots every 3 days, so it could have been those or the fact I was actually pregnant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie I had no implantation bleeding. The only symptom I had was that my period never came. A few times around 7 or 8dp5dt transfer I had some cramps like I get before AF arrives so I was running off to the toilet sure that it was here but it never came. I tested 9dp5dt probably could of started earlier but I knew that day would give me a definite answer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bertie : i must add that my spotting was only seen when i wiped.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Almost every person in my DIG has also said they were certain AF was going to show up days before and after their first BT because all their symptoms were the same - some even had a small amount of bleeding then and thought it was all over.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are u feeling, Bertie?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope....thanks for thinking of me. I feel OK at the moment, as I've had friends over the whole afternoon and evening playing board games, so that was really good. NYE's was pretty bad - DH and I went out for a lovely dinner where I tried really hard to converse about other things, then watched fireworks in the local park where I just kept wiping away tears, followed by absolute crying again as I later got into bed!! It may have been easier if I'd had any symptoms, but still nothing, that I'm pretty convinced it will be a BFN (even though I'm still trying to think positive). A little is self-preservation, trying to get ready for a BFN and already making plans in my head.

I have 3 HPTs which I plan to use, and have decided to use them each afternoon (starting Fri), as if I do them in the morning I'm going to have dreadful crying eyes to go out each day! So first one will be tomorrow, and I'm rather ready now to find out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. Bertie. I have been praying for u and will continue to do so. FX!! Hugs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM.... I did a HPT this afternoon, and it only has the faintest of faintest second lines. DH can't even see it. I know that this is just the left over of the Pregnyl shots, as they stay in your system 4-8 days and this is day 5 after last Pregnyl. I'm sort of not surprised at the result - I knew that no symptoms meant no baby. Haven't had time to cry with DH yet, as my brother arrived at the door that very instant, and now him and DH are watching some action movie!! At least I know I tried everything, with two transferred this time and doing Intrallipids, Clexane, Prednisolone, Aspirin, plus all the normal stuff.

Have made appointment in a couple of weeks at Fertility First, as they have no waiting list for donor sperm, so we can put together some options what to do next. My sister was going to donate her eggs, but just before Christmas found a boyfriend, and now "has to talk to him" about it, so we may end up in SA for DEs sooner than later.