+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Littlesunflowers + Peonies.... third time lucky - spoke to them this morning and the medical certificates have just now been emailed through to me.

AFM.... just had a call from the lab to say that our one precious little embryo is looking "beautiful" and has divided into 4 cells, which is great news for day 2. We're very, very happy with that. We will be having the transfer tomorrow, so another early start for us :-))

The other two eggs haven't done anything, so the technician thinks that's it. They will still keep them until tomorrow, but she says they will start to degenerate now that it's been two days since EPU.

So all hope and excitement for our one little precious one :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, with just one sperm... I can say I'm PUPO!!! Kind of seems a miracle to get even to that stage, when the majority of men have 50,000 sperm each time, and here we are with an embryo from just 1 good sperm!! The other two eggs (which probably had the twitchers) didn't do anything.

I had my ET this morning, and unlike in my first cycle, that speculum thing hurt absolutely massively. I was in so much pain, and I told Prof I so. At one point I was hurting so much that I was about to faint, and thought I was going to mess up the whole ET. I mostly had my eyes shut, and only opened them briefly to see my beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo on the screen. Then I closed them again and instructed DH to look lots at the embryo and enjoy it for me!!! The ET was nothing like my first cycle ET, nor pap smears etc, but Prof I didn't seem fazed that I was in inordinate amount of pain, and just said it will be over soon. That 5-10 minutes was the longest ever. As soon as he took it out, it was fine, but I'm sure it wasn't in right or something. Anyhow, not withstanding excruciating pain, we have one beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo transferred, and Prof I seemed very happy about that. And so are we.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (23-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update.... Unfortunately I think I'm bust. Yesterday (Sat) I had one spot of blood, today (Sun) another bigger spot, but that's it. It's like AF is teasing me - if you're going to come, just come and get it over and done with. What I'm so annoyed with is though I told my FS that my usual cycle is 28/29 days, I also told him that AF came early in both my previous IVF cycles (22 + 24 days), obviously due to all those drugs. This means that if yesterdays blood was the start of AF, then my beautiful embie may have implanted, but hadn't yet had any chance to send messages (hormones or whatever it sends) to keep AF away and will have been washed away now. DH is even more furious than I am, as he remembers me telling the FS this, and obviously the FS hasn't factored early periods during IVF cycles into the equation. Has anyone else experienced this? (ie. normal cycles, but early ones following IVF rounds).

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a plan now for the next few months: we'll be doing an IUI next cycle. I do seem to be in a minority, going from IVF to IUI; but we know now there's no reason why it wouldn't work for us, and it's definitely the right next step for me. It's my chance to see if I could fall pregnant without IVF. I can do an IUI sooner than an IVF, and if it doesn't work, IVF is still there as a fallback plan.

Not looking forward to the blood tests, but really happy about the thought that I will have a TWW feeling like the healthy person I am, not an invalid knocked about by hormones and EPU!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck littlesunflowers! Yoyr reasons are exactly the same as mine. Except that we chose AI instead of IUI so that no jabs at all and also no cost.
    If there's no reason why you can't fall pregnant, then hopefully it will be just the ticket!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlesunflowers.... Good luck with IUI. I hadn't considered that before, but it totally makes sense, and it's definitely on my discussion list that I'm writing right now for my next FS consultation.

AFM.... DH and I were so happy after having 3 days of just an odd spot, but unfortunately AF arrived in full flow this morning, so now I know it's all over. Had lots of crying and hugs this afternoon, and now all we can do is start to plan the next cycle. We were so hoping that this was going to be lucky for us, so are really sad that it didn't work and just might not ever happen.

But wanting to be proactive, rang IVFA this afternoon so we can start a new cycle straight away, but can't get in to see our FS for a couple of weeks, which would miss starting Syranel at th 21 day mark. Receptionist said she would put me on the wait list to see him, but I wanted more definite than that. She ended up saying she'd pass on a message to my FS, so I said OK, but I will ring on Friday after having the BT (which kind of seems pointless now).

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    DH and I were so happy after having 3 days of just an odd spot, but unfortunately AF arrived in full flow this morning, so now I know it's all over.
    Aww I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad for you that you had the chance to try that cycle - that you didn't have to cancel. Hopefully you can get into see your FS soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.... I had my EPU this morning. We got 4 eggs, so I was pleased about that, since there were only 5 follicles in total (2x24mm and 3x10mm). We found out this afternoon that 2 were mature, so not surprised that the little ones didn't do much. Unfortunately the scientist who rang said there was no sperm from DH that was "of the quality we wanted", so they've injected both eggs with the anon donor sperm. So I had a nice cry, to finally get over not having any sperm from DH and not going to have his baby, but now feeling emotionally better having that finally out of the way and hopeful that the anon donor sperm is now going to work. It's good to be moving on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    It's good to be moving on.
    It's sad, but it's also a new beginning.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.... the scientist rang this morning to say only 1 out of our 2 eggs fertilised overnight, so that's a little disappointing, particularly since it was anonymous donor sperm. So now we will hope that this one emby is the magical one. The FS wanted to transfer it tomorrow (day 2), but I said no, I've had a day 2 and day 3 transfer before that didn't work, and this time I want to see how it grows to day 5. The next update now is on Thursday, which I'm sort of fine about, as it means that I can try to do some things in the next two days without thinking about it all the time.