+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm back lol. Just needed to google some stuff.
    Ngaiz not sure I can help much.
    My dh has non obstructive azoo. Diagnosed nearly two years ago. We did nearly four months of pregnyl with our first FS, to see if it woukdhelp with his zero on SA. It didn't
    Theory is hcg helps to synthesize testosterone and testosterone is needed for sertoli cells to develop into mature sperms. FS thought my dh might have this kind of spermatogenesis issue. We gave it the nearly four months, but got annoyed with waiting and no progress so has tese and got lots of sperm. It's crappy but it fertilises. Five cycles down though only on preg, but m/c twins. Now know I have issuestoo.
    Youyr dh produces yes? So you might have more luck.
    We don't have a reason for the azoo. Y deletion fine, testicles fine (not small), no cf , fsh and other hormones fine. Testosterone slightly low. New FS says the ptegnyl would never gave worked for us.
    You need to do it for four to sux months for it to see results, if it does.
    Dh was horrible on it. Grumpy and moody and horrible to inject, but we had to give it s go before mutilating testicles.
    You could ask about pesa for your boy.
    Soz I'm not much help. Good luck hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry on ph and its being a poo!!
    Hi peonies Mwah. And hi fellow mfi gals!! GL xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness I couldn't have crossed this thread at a better time!!
    Ive been lurking for a while bit only just joined today.

we are mfi also and we are blessed to have 1DS almost 3, thanks to Icsi.
    ttc for number 2 for 2.5yrs. It has certainly taken its toll on EVERYTHING.
    I feel that my DH is a changed man due to all of this and I know for sure I am. I feel like we are just shells of the people we used to be. And even though we are so fortunate to have the one child I feel like this is even affecting our parenting we are both so low on patience and so low on very thing for each other... I'm currently undergoing FET#3(after 3 fresh also,and a m/c) and I feel that if we are unsuccessful this time that we better stop or we will have nothing left at all...
    it's so hard when it's "not your problem to fix" and watching your other half struggle to deal but not want to speak or share thee feelings about it all isn't it?? They think we just know how they feel and we do,they feel **** but is it so bad to actually say it out loud? In short I feel that while we have been so blessed with the joy ivf can bring, the devastation and heartbreak it can bring has almost ruined the best parts of us but its so hard to walk away......

sorry for the vent we have just been fighting and crying and I needed to get it out....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tiredofttc... yes, I so know what you mean by this journey making us into different people. I try to turn it positively everyday, thinking that it will only make me stronger, but I often catch myself thinking about how easy everyone else has it and how nobody in my real life could ever understand. Then I come onto Bubhub here at night, and put everything back into perspective. Well sort of :-)

And back to my struggle with IVFA. Finally my file has been faxed to Kirsty, the donor sperm co-ordinator. I thought that would be the end of the story, to open up my email tonight, to find an email from her saying that at present the wait list is 4-6 months!!! I thought it was bad enough for it to be 3 months, and as quick as that, a possible further 3 months have been added to it. What can I do? I think I will phone her tomorrow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Tiredofttc  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time on this thread but wanted to reply with the answer to how low is low... For us DH's low count is or was last SA.... 8 sperm... Not million just 8.. So nearly nothing...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kdsd For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Male Factor Infertility Chat

Hi everyone,

Sorry to just jump in mid thread but I'm keen to join in here. We are mfi over here too. No known fertility issues with me. Dh has antisperm antibodies that effect about 95% of his sperm. We were blessed with a beautiful dd from our second transfer and we are ttc #2 now. I just had a chemical pregnancy on a fet.

I'm remembering back to our first fs appointment when we were told not to give up hope of conceiving naturally. The chances would be very low of course but I'm wondering what I can get dh to take to perhaps increase our chances. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Male Factor Infertility Chat

Tiredofttc - we haven't been on this ivf journey anywhere near as long as you but I can completely understand how this process would have a huge impact on your family. I have been a bit anxious going through our first round since having our 15 month old dd and she has definitely picked up on it. She even had her first tantrum today. It's all so hard isn't it. I can understand you not wanting to give up but feeling as though the longer you go on, the more strain you put on your relationships. I hope you get your second baby soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

Tiredofttc  (21-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie and futuremamma... So glad you guys feel the same!! Somedays you seriously feel like you are going around the bend and wonder if its all in your heads don't you?!?
    Bertie: I hope there is something that can be done to shorten your wait time 6mtjs is a nightmare!!!!! Was there a muck up with your paperwork or something? I'm on m y phone and find it hard to read back through so sorry for my ignorance if you have posted a long post all about this!! Ill be on my pc later and ill look it up :/ and you're so right, I find used tryig to think positively about things and then ill find myself staring at pregnant teenagers(yes that's judgemental!) and wonder y it can be so easy for some people who really couldn't care less or it was unwanted... I agree with you noone in my real life has any clue! I have lost a friendship (of 20yrs+) because of my turbulent journey with ivf: they just don't get it!!!!!! I truly hope your journey can begin and you will have success soon!!!

futuremamma: so sorry about your chemical pregnancy also that must have been so hard! I know when I had my m/c it was difficult I had mine 12 myths ago and not a day goes by I don't think about that little one!! Be kind to yourself! As for ttc naturally I wouldn't stop, stranger things have happened! Maybe the stars will align maybe they won't? Nothing to lose tho! Wow you're so right ttc with no children is hard going but ttc with a toddler can be very testing!!! As I said we've been trying since ds was 6 months old and it's been a hell of a ride. I really dot want him to be sibling less but you know there comes a point where we all have to throw our hands up and say we tried. We've given it a damn good shot and its funny how I've resigned myself that this FET won't work just to save my poor heart from breaking (AGAIN!) I wish you all the best

if any of you ladies would like to pm me feel free

sorry if we have taken over this thread with other chats also guys!! Good luck everyone!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only just seen this thread because it came up in the side bar post feed thingy. So I might join in if that's okay? We've done 2 ICSI cycles with sperm that DH had frozen in 2006, but it was such terrible quality we only had 1/6 fertilise the first time, and the second they only found one single live sperm in four straws of semen, but that one egg they ICSI'd amazingly fertilised too. No idea if either of them made it to embies, because my stupid clinic insisted on doing Day 1 transfers both times.

ICSI #3 at a new clinic (we moved interstate) we are just wrapping up now. DH underwent TESA/PESA this time, but they found zero sperm so we used a donor back-up. Still, we only had 2/5 mature eggs fertilise.. both continued to grow, but one was too slow to be viable, and the other slowed at Day 4 so that on Day 5 it was only a morula instead of a blasty. I think that I have had a very early chemical pg from this one; very faint BFPs appeared Sat and Sun, but it was fainter on Mon, and BFN today.

So now I'm all anxious about my eggs, because I always thought they'd be fine, but we still had a bad fert. rate and not good embies with supposedly high-quality donor sperm. I don't know what to think and I'm scared to do our next cycle early next year in case the same thing happens again. *sigh*

Sorry for carrying on so much in my first post, lol. Who else is using donor sperm? What are your fert. rates/embies like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sariele -
    With poor quality related-donor (less than a dozen "good-ish" sperm per vial) we never got better than day 5 morulas. I wasn't supposed to have any issues so we were told it was all sperm problems every time. (FS did put me through my paces just in case and treated me for NK cells since my results for that were not definitive either way, also put me on DHEA to try to help embies across the line. We tried all sorts of things.)

After a number of failed cycles (and using up all the frozen related-donor samples) we switched to anonymous-donor. To say I was disappointed when we still only got day 5 morulas is an understatement. It was also the first time I had low-dose Pregnyl at the end of my stim as LH was caught dropping too low. Transferred 2 morulas - BFN.
    On my next cycle we did low-dose Pregnyl all the way through the stim, and produced our first ever (and only ever) day 5 blast - even if it was only at early-blast stage. Transferred 1 blast - BFN.
    Final cycle (clinic only permits 3 anon-sperm cycles before relegation back to bottom of waiting list) used Luveris (recombinant LH - not cheap) and still only got day 5 morulas - but this time every egg that fertilised correctly had gone on to morula stage - astounding result for us. Transferred best 2 morulas, others didn't make the grade for freezing even at day 6. BFP (my first ever) - DS & DD now 2 months old.

I think Luveris made the most difference for us even though I wasn't supposed to be contributing problems.
    I also think we needed the assisted hatching for success, as on the 2nd anon-donor cycle our embryo growth was slowing by day3 like it always did, but picked up again after the assisted hatching which hadn't happened on earlier cycles.

Good luck.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-11-2012),peoniesarepretty  (22-11-2012),Sariele  (22-11-2012)