+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Guys,
    For those of you with low numbers.. how low is low? Are there any people with oligospermia?
    My husband has low sperm count... one test came back at 9mil, the other at 14mil. Has anyone had any ivf success with these numbers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Peonies and Lillac - I'm actually at the Westmead IVFA. Though I did get a receipt in the post, I didn't get any email or other confirmation, so thanks, I will ring them tomorrow and double check that I'm on the donor list.

Beanie - low sperm count as per World Health Organisation is anything below 20million per ml, but taken into consideration are also factors including being alive, shape, size and movement. You'll need to look at those things, though with IVF combined with ISCI numbers of 9mil and 14mil won't be an issue. With IVF ICSI you only need one. My DH has azoospermia - which technically means no sperm. Twice he had 1 sperm, another time 2 sperm, and all other times no alive, swimming sperm, so you're kind of lucky that you've got millions of sperm!! IVF or IVF / ICSI are probably the ways to go for you. Good luck :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi bertie,
    as MGC said anything under 20 million is low but ICSI will solve this problem. You really only need a few!
    My DH has severe ogliospermia (about 2-5 million) but his sperm still managed to fertilise all my eggs. I can't give you a success story yet but that has nothing to do with ICSI.
    Before you start a cycle, i recommend your DH has a DNA fragmentation test and karyotype test. GL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who would have thought it would be so hard? I rang IVFA up a week ago, and asked if there was some confirmation to prove that I'm on the donor sperm waiting list, now that I'd paid my $100 a couple of weeks ago? The receptionist took my details and said she's call back. You guessed it, she didn't call back!!

So I phoned IVFA again today, told my whole story again, and thankfully spoke to someone who is obviously more competent. She looks up my file, and comes back with "I'm very sorry, but it looks like your name never got sent off". Well, at least I now know, even though it's what I suspected. New lady has promised to fax off paperwork straightaway, but then did one step better, by giving me the name and phone number of the "donor co-ordinator" in Greenwich that I can contact directly on Monday. So here's my warning - be prepared, make lots of phonecalls, and get them to confirm it in writing, as I've now spoken to 4 people at IVFA and am still not actually on the list, even though they've had my $100 for 4 weeks now!! So glad I'm chasing this up now and not in January!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, that sounds about par for the course.

The coordinator's name is Kirsty. Well, unless she has left very recently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Male Factor Infertility Chat

Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    For those of you with low numbers.. how low is low? Are there any people with oligospermia?
    My husband has low sperm count... one test came back at 9mil, the other at 14mil. Has anyone had any ivf success with these numbers?
    Hi beanie. My dh has had two analysis' done. The first was 0.8mil with <10% motility and <2% morphology. I put him on a range of vitamins and got him to cut back on rigorous gym sessions, alcohol and coffee. The second was 6 months later and was worse at 0.3mil. With both of our cycles we had great fertilisation rates 5/7 and 11/14, we just didn't get a sticky. We also had natural miracle the cycle right after our bfn but it ended around 6 weeks. I didn't even know I was utd 'til I miscarried as I was still spotting from the bfn.

Peonies, how have you been?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ngaiz. Still no luck on the ttc front (but in 2ww currently). But I've been we'll aside from that! How about yourself? Hope everything's going well. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Male Factor Infertility Chat

Nothing much to report on. As I mentioned above I m/c a natural miracle, I had no idea I was even pg until I passed the tissue. It has given me a lot more hope. I'm actually jumping in here to see if anyone's Dh has used hcg injections to improve sperm count and if it improves quality? Dh count appears to be deteriorating dramatically and I'm thinking of getting a few vials frozen just in case.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 17-11-2012 at 20:36.

Thanks
    Reviews

So sorry about your m/c darl. I know how horrible it is.

Well my DH has zero sperm. But I know someone else on here whose hubby took pregnyl. I'll send her to this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, ngaiz hi
    I'm that someone whose hubby was on pregnyl. Just tagging page. Back with comments soon xx