+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Our story is similar to a lot of your stories, we have been TTC for 18 months and after doing all the tests under the sun for me which came back showing I have no problems, we done a SA on DH and he has NO sperm, literally zero. He has had two SA done and both come back with the same results, he had been taking Menevit for 4 months prior to this. It appears he has a blockage and we are just going through some final genetic testing (which is costing a fortune and no help available from Medicare or our Ptv health fund) to see if this is the reason why he has no swimmers getting out of the pool. I am hoping so much that they can retrieve some from him with ICSI. Our next appointment with FS is in 11 days and I can’t wait, hopefully we can then get cracking in next months cycle using ICSI IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey EternalOptimist,

I guess I was slightly luckier than you because I have a DD who is nearly 2yrs old the FS decided not to do any tests on me and went straight to DH and here we are. We are lucky I decided that we needed to do something about it earlier rather than later. We are onto our third SA. The last two have been zero and I am hoping for a call back from the FS tomorrow about the latest one.....If still zero we have to book in for the biopsy...I have no idea how long it all takes after doing that to starting IVF/ICSI but I hope its not too long. Im getting impatient to start....

I hope your news is good news...and I feel your pain on the no help from medicare or private health.....ours has done nothing for us as well....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jacklicky,
    Hopefully the AB's have helped and the new SA is all good, or at least suitable to start ICSI straight away. Fingers crossed for you.

EternalOptimist- love your username! You definitely gotta be optimistic when TTC is such a nightmare. If your DH's bloods are all normal, that's a good sign the swimmers are OK and just not able to reach the outside world. Hang in there while waiting for all the results and hope you can start your ICSI cycle soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Just a quick hello

No news here yet. We saw the FS and he did BTs and we have another SA on the 20th (well DH does!) and all the results we will get on the 4th when we see the FS next.
    The FS did give us some hope though.. he said that the SA from the other lab could be wrong because they aren't trained or equipped to find small amounts of sperm, so there could be a few there..I could have kissed his old bald head!
    I did have some reservations about him (I googled him and found some negative opinions) but he was nice enough. A bit clinical but he made me feel comfortable, nothing was going to make DH comfortable.. he is quite adverse to his bits being manhandled! He told us never to give up hope, he sees many couples like us and atrophy isn't as uncommon as we think. He also said we have youth on our side.. that excited me, I said to DH on the way out "He called me YOUTH!"

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacklicky: how did you go with your SA this time round, hope there was some little swimmers in there for you to use J It sounds like all of the FS have very different ways of doing things, I know we only had to do one SA and then we went to BT to measure hormones and now we are waiting for the BT to see if its obstructive due to DH being a carrier of CF. I did ask our FS in our last appointment if thy then went to do a biopsy and he said depending on these results they would then arrange to do biopsy on the same day as my EPU that they generally don’t freeze sperm if there aren’t many of them down there.

All of these tests are financially killing me and we haven’t even started IVF yet…….

Lindylou78: How is all of your IVF/ICSI going, if you don’t mind me asking, what is the cause of you having to use ICSI? I am praying that its only obstructive so that way there are lots down there but they just can’t get out. I have googled everything possible to see if normal BT are a key indicator of obstructive but there isn’t too much our there. A lot of the forums mention this is a positive sign so fingers crossed. We only have 5 days now until our FS appointment to find out our next step, I am so excited and so nervous at the same time.

Belizeli: Good luck with your DH SA, they can be so different each time. Has your FS mentioned anything to you about the cause of your DH issue yet? Have you guys had to go and have any other tests yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Belizeli- Nice to hear you sounding more upbeat . Good luck with your next SA on the 20th, fingers crossed for you.

EternalOptimist- My DH has high FSH, and highly-positioned testes (I believe due to his having undescended testes when born). So basically his bits aren't functioning properly and they don't hang low enough to keep his sperm at the right temp. His scrotal temp is around 36deg, but ideally should be 33deg. We are lucky that we can get sperm in his ejaculate, I'm very thankful for this.

Our ICSI cycle going well so far, thanks for asking. I've been jabbing for 8 days now, and will be having my trigger shot on Sat night. EPU is booked for Mon 19th. We have some frozen sperm on standby incase DH's sample on the day is no good. I expect ET will be Fri 23rd or Sat 24th (going to blastie), then the TWW begins!

The money side is crippling. We spent over $1000 on tests back in 2007-08, then had to re-do some of them this year. ICSI is costing us close to $8000 and we are prepared to go through 4 stim cycles plus any FETs in between (if we have frosties). So we're looking at over $30K if it takes that long to get our BFP. I know we can get some back on Medicare, but sad we've spent so much before baby is even born. How nice it would be to get UTD naturally and have all that money to spend on bubba once he/she is here. On the other hand, I'm so glad that there is technology to help us and it'll be worth every cent when we have our babies to cherish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we still had zero in the third SA so DH needs a testicular biopsy. The FS explained it all on the phone to him last Friday and we just got a call that they can fit us in on Thursday. Yay!!!!!

Once they do this and 'hopefully' find sperm they will freeze...then we are on track to start ICSI.

lindylou78, well done on the jabbing. Cant wait to hear how you go.....I know about the money thing We have just been paying for tests so far but Im sure Im going to cry when we have to fork over the cash.....but like you I have a certain about of money so depending on how much each cycle costs depends on how many cycles we can do....

belizeli, Good luck for your DH tomorrow....I know my DH is glad that he doesnt have to do anymore of them...but im not sure he is too happy about the needle into his 'bits'....

EternalOptimist, Maybe its seperate because if DH has sperm there then I think there will be enough as he doesnt have any other issues other than scar tissue from the vas reversal.....its either that or the only other thing I have been thinking is that our FS is a male specilist....maybe he will hand me off to another FS for the actual ICSI/IVF proceedure. Dont know but just glad this bit is going to happen soon.....

OK better go. Just back from two weeks anual leave now have to ask for Thur morning off to drive DH to the appointment....I suspect my boss not going to be too happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou78: How did your EPU go? Your probably already had the ET by now :-) I hope its all going well for you.

We had our FS on Thursday and finally got all of our results, by the time the appointment came, i was so nervouse that we were getting bad news that i was throwing up just before i went into see the FS i had worked myself up so much....

Anyway it was all a little silly because
    our FS told us that DH Azoospermia is due to DH being a carrier of the CF gene, so basically he is just missing the tube and his lack of sperm is due to an "obstruction". So we are off to see the nurse next week and looks like i will be starting our first round of IVF once AF arrives around 8th August. We are super excited its all finally happening. After such a long time TTc and then many months of hell doing tests to se why DH had no swimmers, it was such a releif to hear those words come out of the FS mouth.

I hope everyone elses journey is going well. i have now finally been able to join the "August IVF" thread, the worst part up to now has all been the waiting so its now such a releif that something is happening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi EternalOptimist,
    Finally having an explanation must be such a relief, and fantastic news that you'll be able to start ICSI soon. Some of my July cycle buddies are carrying-over into August, so I'll be lurking in that thread and cheering you on. Good luck!

Jacklicky- Hope the biopsy went well.

Belizeli- How was the new SA? Hope you've got good news to share.

My EPU & ET both went well, now 3 days into the TWW. I had 7 mature eggs, all fertilised and all made it to blasties. We find out today how many are going in the freezer. Still pinching myself about how lucky we've been to get such a great outcome on the 1st cycle. To finish off with a BFP would be the icing on the cake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou78: Wow congrats on such a terrific number of blasties, that is amazing, i hope you get your first time.

The TWW sucks, i remember the pain of it when we were TTC naturally and the whole time DH had no swimmers getting out. I could only imagine the anxiouseness of it now.

Did you do any acupunture or anything special for your ET? How long did you take off work for it all?