User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Too much kiwi fruit?

Is there such thing as too much Kiwi fruit during the tww? I had a 5day transfer on Monday and have had bad indigestion all week and now I have a blood nose (which never happens). This might be taking symptom searching to the extreme but the thought did occur to me that maybe there is such thing as too much kiwi fruit, is it thinning my blood too much? Can't really imagine that two a day could do any harm.
    www.netty-littlewishes.blogspot.com

5 IVF/ICSI + 1 FET cycles - no take home babies, stopped IVF/ICSI November 2011
    6 Miscarriages (IVF and natural)
    BFP - Sticky one (natural) Feb 2012 - born Nov 2012.
    BFP (natural) - May 2013 - Due Feb 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net i don't think that eating too much Kiwi fruit could give you those symtoms but if you're worried maybe you should call the nurse or go see your GP. You can get too much Vitamin C from Kiwi fruit but 2 a day isn't extreme at all. Unless of course you're eating other fruit high in Vitamin C like Pineapple etc. I've been told that too much Vitamin C can cause miscarriages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    all I know is that when I was pregnant with my daughter I couldnt get enough oranges and had blood noses!
    Me 38 DH 40
    DD 3 years old
    DS Due June '12
    2 Dogs, 1 cat.

Success is the Best Revenge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi net,

I too had a blood nose at the end of my cycle. I was on asprin though.

I read this info about kiwi fruit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwifruit
    where research said consuming 2-3 per day had an effect on blood. How many are you eating ?

What type of lutel support are you on ? maybe the side effects of that are giving you tummy cramps and blood noses ?

I think progesterone can have an effect on things like this - like when you are pregnant and your gums bleed.

Could all be good signs but definitely get it checked out if it increases.

Good luck
    Me: 37 (low AMH, clotting) DH: 37 DD: 3y.o TTC #2: 7 stim cycles - finally a BFP June 11- due 20th Feb 2012 - our precious Isabella arrived 23rd feb 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my embryo transfer Thursday a week ago and had a bleeding nose around the same time as you have after transfer, and an upset stomach which has almost settled.

Like you, I am a kiwi fruit advocate (even my avatar is of kiwi fruit!)

I'm hoping it means we are preggers and the blood nose is from a sensitive vascular system. I had it last time I had a chemical pregnancy and my FS said it was common when pregnant.

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you. When is your BT? Mine is on Sunday!
    Me 43 (1 DS - 25) - DP 33 (No bubbas) 3 x IUI - BFN; 3 xIVF ICSI - BFN; DEIVF ICSI 04/10 - BFN. Cycle #8 - IVF ICSI with DS: BFN. Cycle #9 Double donor - BFN. Cycle #10 Double donor FET - BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Penny - good sign of a . Sending lots of baby for your BT on Sunday, a prayer for you and lots of positive vibes. x
    Me 37 DH 38 - (slow swimmers and endo), 3 x IUI's - 2008 - all BFN
    ICSI#1 - BFP - chem preg
    ICSI#2 - BFN
    ICSI#3 - BFP - ectopic - tube removed
    ICSI#4 - BFP - chem preg,
    FET - BFP - chem preg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your replies. You all confirmed that two kiwi fruit per day is fine.

Penny - I hope all our symptoms are indicative of a BFP. Hope all goes as hoped for your blood test tomorrow. Mine isn't until next Friday, although my period will be due on Wednesday so may have some indications around then for either the negative or positive. I am too scared to test before then.
    www.netty-littlewishes.blogspot.com

5 IVF/ICSI + 1 FET cycles - no take home babies, stopped IVF/ICSI November 2011
    6 Miscarriages (IVF and natural)
    BFP - Sticky one (natural) Feb 2012 - born Nov 2012.
    BFP (natural) - May 2013 - Due Feb 2014