+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Agonist vs Antagonist : thoughts......

HI Ladies,

just after some thoughts......

have done our first long down reg unsucessfully and used one frosty - the other didnt make it

i am 99% sure this frosty cycle has been unsucessful - AF due 23rd but 2 x neg HPT's.

Keen to 'get on with it' and keep trying - so am going to call the clinic tomorrow (FSA) and discuss options .......

So i would like to know about your experiences with these two types? And if anyone has jumped straight back on board...

Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HTeam,

Fingers crossed that those HTp's are wrong! hang in there. I've heard of some girls doing 'back to back' cycles...depends on if your FS is ok with it - some are and some prefer you to rest your body.
    As with Agonist Vs Antagonist. I am assuming Agonist is the well known 'Flare' Cycle...I have done 4 Flares, then a long down reg, 2 Antagonist.
    The Antagonist produced fewer eggs & they say better quality..which was correct in my case. Antagonist was much gentler on my emotions, my mind, my body..I could deal with ivf just better!...no synarel spray!.
    So I'm all for Antagonist as this is what gave us our BFP!..
    Goodluck with your cycle. Everything crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks blossomflower,

i am obviously hoping the HPT's are wrong !!!!! BUT not feeling confident - hopeful but not confident.

i am going to call the clinic tomorrow and see where we get too - would hate to miss the day to start antagonist cos i didnt call early enough.

thanks - congrats on your BFP (fingers crossed it works that way for me)

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hteam, it is always so disappointing to get the ole BFN.

I find with IVF that the first round is to see how you initially respond, to use those results to tweak the next round.

Saying this I would be concerned if your FS did not make changes. I failed on the down reg, failed on the flare cycle BUT then on the antagonist I found my little match. Just works for me...

Oh, my personal preference and my FS, is not to do a back to back, for me I like to clear mind body and soul with a period in between.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I'm on my first cycle at 43 of IVF/ICIS and now on day 10. Having started with synarel and then Puregon injections 450UL. UT showed only 3 follicles and still require to grow more. Back for another BT and UT on Monday. I'm getting bad heahaches and nausea now and getting increasingly worse. Is this normal the longer the cycle goes on? Also what is the difference between Agonist and Antagonist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I hope you don't mind me joining your group.

I have never done back to back months but have only ever had to wait one cycle to start again. I am not to sure what you would define my cycle as but I have Puregon till O then a trigger. No nasal sprays or anything. That just sounds nasty. Sorry to those of you have have to do that.

Country Lass - I think I have heard of other people getting headaches from the nasal spray but I have never experienced it myself. I think you should chat to the nurses to make sure it is ok. I hope you get heaps of follicles.

Spot - My FS used our 1st IVF as a diagnostic one too. We had 8 eggs but none fert so we knew to do ICSI this time. So frustrating and expensive but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

hteam - I hope your HPT are wrong. i will be thinking of you.

I just had a FET on Saturday and the drugs I am on now are making me a bit crazy. I either want to cry uncontrollably or hit something really hard. My brother in law is living with us atm cos he split with his wife and I am just finding it all a bit much.
    BT is on the 21st so I have everything crossed. We have not got any more embies frozen so would have to do another stim cycle. Not looking forward to that.

Take care ladies and

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Interesting about your comments i might give agonist try. I had booked in an antagonist treatment for this month but it seems the clinic is closed for renovations. Or does anyone know of somewhere with short waiting times to start at a clinic. It seems I have had no end of disasters with clinics - the first one I went to couldn't give me an appt in nearly 6 months, the second i failed under bmi. and now there is a clinic in overhaul??//

Thanks
    Reviews
    Notwiser where are you located? My clinic is in Sydney and I swear there has never on e been a mention of weight or bmi's...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did 2 flare cycles, 2 down reg cycles and now 2 antagonist cycles. While I think it really depends on what your body responds to, I found antagonist cycles much easier emotionally & physically - and has resulted in 2 pregnancies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did two long down reg and one antagonist. I like the latter cos it is less taxing and shorter. All three went really well got good no of eggs but fert rate not too good for 2nd and 3rd cycles. I would want to try the antagonist again. Soome say long cycle get more eggs but i got the same no either cycles.

Also my facility says you havve to have at least 30 days in between cycles to allow medicare claim, so check with your nurse or accounts before starting. This is trickier with short antagonist cycles.