+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Vaginal thrush = nipple thrush?

Hi girls

i feel like i'm going to have a bout of vaginal thrush, does this mean i will get it in my nipples? So far they seem normal and bubs doesn't have any white in his mouth.

i don't normally treat thrush as it doesn't last very long but if there is a chance i will got it in my nipples then i will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Tus.. My understanding is that the thrush can Be transferred by touch (ie perhaps if your partner, er, pleasures you & then has their mouth round your nipples) but it's not a systemic infection as such. Perhaps if you are getting vaginal thrush it might be a sign you are a little run down (as lots of mummies are) with some imbalances in your internal flora. Maybe consider taking a probiotic. Also, make sure you wash your linen & towels regularly and when you are drying yourself, use a fresh towel each time so you don't transfer the fungal infection from your nether regions to your breasts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Linen and towels I think is probably the easiest way to transfer it (or, at least in my household, considering, while these boobies are jasper's there is absolutely no pleasuring happening in the boob region ) so be super super careful and there shouldn't be an issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I get thrush when I'm pg (only time I ever get it) and in hindsight I had a killer case of nipple thrush when I had my first. So yes, I think they can be related, but not always.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have nipple thrush at the moment and DS has oral thrush but I have never had vaginal thrush and dont currently have it. I believe they are the same fungal infection..... Correct me if i am wrong