+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Theres another thread floating around saying that you can see it. Im going to try when DP gets home,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashy84 View Post
    Another Questain if you dont mind me butting in Silentrockfaery

Are you able to see the sperm with a saliva scope like a Maybe baby?
    My friend tried but couldnt see anything, but i tried and i could swear i saw some little dots moving around all over the place!
    Wondering if anyone else has tried it and what they saw
    I was reading about this today, and a maybe baby microscope has a 60x lens, but to see sperm you need at least a 400x lens. I have heard of women seeing moving dots using maybe baby but I'm a bit torn as to if this would even be possible on a 60x magnifying lens.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 11-04-2010 at 18:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Memie View Post
    I was reading about this today, and a maybe baby microscope has a 60x lens, but to see sperm you need at least a 400x lens. I have heard of women seeing moving dots using maybe baby but I'm a bit torn as to if this would even be possible on a 60x magnifying lens.
    Hmmm, yeh, maybe what i "saw" was just little lliquidy bubbles or something! apparently my friend spent agessss looking but saw nothing...and he does have healthy sperm, they just fell PG first cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyHas3boys View Post
    Hmmm, yeh, maybe what i "saw" was just little lliquidy bubbles or something! apparently my friend spent agessss looking but saw nothing...and he does have healthy sperm, they just fell PG first cycle!
    Gosh I am so relieved (kinda?) to hear that someone has healthy sperm but can't see anything with the maybe baby magnification.

I'd read that quite a few people have been able to see their partners sperm using a maybe baby, so I thought it'd be fun to try it out. I can't even explain how I felt when I tried several times and couldn't see anything (and I work in a lab, I should know how to identify the contents of what's under magnification!).

I am just really hoping his sperm analysis comes back normal, or even with SOME sperm so that at least we would have a chance at IVF. We've been TTC for 9 months and nothing as yet.. He readily agreed to a sperm check so that is really good.. He'll probably do that next week, as it's BD-ing time this week, so I figured we'd try and use what's there (if there IS something there )

I am quite overweight and my husband does have fairly small testicles so this is also worrying me.. But at least I have a glimmer of hope that their might be sperm there.. Thank you for posting that despite not seeing sperm on a maybe baby lens that pregnancy was possible!