+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Teeth Whitening

Has anyone ever tried to whiten their teeth themselves? Can you recommend any products that have been successful for you?

I'm considering getting my teeth whitened for my wedding, but not sure whether to get it done professionally. I have no idea how much it costs, but it doesn't sound cheap!

If there's a product on the market (which works) for home use that anyone can recommend, then I'm happy to try it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ** bump **

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I think crest whitening strips are amazing, but you are going to have to deal with teeth sensitivity while using them. Crest whitening strips work for most people. If you want results fast then you have to go to a dentist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The ones from the supermarket don't do didley, you do need to go to a dentist for real results, IMO.

My friend is an ortho assistant and she said that zoom whitening (the one done in the chair) can make your teeth go really sensitive, plus it's expensive. Instead she gave me a whitening product that you purchase from the dentist (along with teeth moulds) and you put it in for two hours at night for a week. She gave it to me for free but it's apparently cheaper than laser whitening and it does the same thing. It made my teeth go pretty white The change was really noticeable.
    Last edited by Bellini; 18-04-2010 at 12:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second what ashley3 said, I used crest whitening strips (bought off the net) before my wedding and was pleased with the results but my teeth were a little sensitive but my DH used them also and didn't experience this at all! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i have just finished using bdazzled ($99 from website but found it for $75 on ebay both have free postage) and i found it worked really well!!! But i have also hear the crest whitening strips are really great as well. Might have to try them as my teeth arent as white as i like but a HUGE improvement... here is my before and after pic... the before pic was even taken after i got them professionally cleaned (hadnt been to the dentist since primary school ) and i was always too embarrassed to smile... Not anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=mum2ethan;4703732]Hi i have just finished using bdazzled ($99 from website but found it for $75 on ebay both have free postage) and i found it worked really well!!! But i have also hear the crest whitening strips are really great as well. Might have to try them as my teeth arent as white as i like but a HUGE improvement... here is my before and after pic... the before pic was even taken after i got them professionally cleaned (hadnt been to the dentist since primary school ) and i was always too embarrassed to smile... Not anymore

I hope you dont mine me asking. But I really like the results in your picture. My teeth look similar to your before picture. Mine are slightly stained on the top.

How long did it take to notice results and were they a gradual (sp) change?

Did it change all over or was it patchy?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Crest White Strips are the best I've tried> Very effective, and lasts a good few months. For longer lasting results, professional whitening is best. Britesmile is a good one to go for. My sister had the Zoom one but wasn't impressed by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I also tried B'Dazzled and was very happy with the results. My teeth are pretty white anyway but I did notice them to be even whiter. They were very sensitive when using it though, I remember the bottom row I think it was being really painful after a few times of using it to the point where I think I started only doing the top row coz the bottoms just hurt too much.

My husband used one purchased from a dentist and it worked really well but was a few hundred dollars.

I've never tried Crest. Is it expensive? Where do you get it from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if you can buy them in shops here. I picked them up from the States where they cost $40. I think ebay stores have them for sale.