+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sophie11

I saw your post re becoming a surrogate mum, are you still considering this wonderful gesture? If so, maybe you could send me a message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you seen their terms of Commercial surrogacy? In the UK Commercial Surrogacy is also illegal, however you are permitted to pay 'reasonable expenses' to the surrogate for her loss of work and cost of living etc. Courts have accepted 10,000, so as most surrogates at clinics are paid this or under, we are permitted to use them. Waiting for someone to choose you altruistically is terribly disheartening. Once the baby is born you have the drawn out process of the parental order in the UK, but that's a small price to pay for finally having your baby.
    Perhaps this is also possible for you? I have lots of info if you want me to pass it on. Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default surrogacy

wow i didn't realise how many people would consider surrogacy in qld. I just want to let you know a few things if i may.
    I was 24 when i was told i could not have kids due to cervical cancer, im now 27 and my hubby and i have started surrogacy, my sister is our surrogate and we are currently 6 weeks pregnant. At the start of this journey we thought it would be so stressful but it it in fact a bit easier than it sounds. I have read the QLD surrogacy act from front to back. i'm not sure how strict some things are yet but i see some of you advertising for a surrogate, can i just say be a bit carefull because it is actually illegal to advertise for a surrogate. i would hate to see you get into trouble for just trying to start a family. I am happy to help answer any questions you may want to know about surrogacy if i know the answer (speaking from experience) Good luck to those who do go ahead with it, it's an interesting but exciting journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello JenMy am hoping you maybe able to help me with some info on UK surrogacy I have had some contact with a few via FB who will help however I do not have enough info how the process works over there would be most greatful if you can hel kind regards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Surrogacy in the UK is also difficult as you have to find your own and even if you manage to, UK law says the baby is legally the birth mother's, so this scared us as I don't think the risk of her keeping the baby, no matter how small, is bearable.
    My friend had her baby through surrogacy, so we embarked on our journey. We used the same woman as she did- (Janine) who has worked with most of the O/S clinics and gave us all the facts of who was good, who was most successful, where we could go and how we would bring the baby home depending on the country we went to. We got costs for India, Ukraine ( she didn't recommend any there but we wanted to consider it), Georgia, USA and Armenia. All those countries-except USA- view you as the legal parents, so the surrogate cannot keep the baby.
    For us, we decided on the same clinic as my friend as we need an egg donor also and theirs you can choose from photos plus meet. The contract allows for the surrogate's payment at birth but we pay 100 USD per month for her immediate expenses. Her payment allows for loss of wages over the 9 months and other expenses. In total she is paid 10,000 USD and this is under the amount already permitted.
    Your names can go on the birth certificate, but for UK requirements we need the surrogates name on there and then this will be changed once we get a UK parental order. This means we also needed a single surrogate- if she's married it's a bit more complicated with the paperwork our end. You can email her: janineoakman@gmail.com ( she doesn't charge anything). Or I still have all the emails if you want me to forward the costs we got. Hopefully that's helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JenMy View Post
    Hi. Surrogacy in the UK is also difficult as you have to find your own and even if you manage to, UK law says the baby is legally the birth mother's, so this scared us as I don't think the risk of her keeping the baby, no matter how small, is bearable.
    My friend had her baby through surrogacy, so we embarked on our journey. We used the same woman as she did- (Janine) who has worked with most of the O/S clinics and gave us all the facts of who was good, who was most successful, where we could go and how we would bring the baby home depending on the country we went to. We got costs for India, Ukraine ( she didn't recommend any there but we wanted to consider it), Georgia, USA and Armenia. All those countries-except USA- view you as the legal parents, so the surrogate cannot keep the baby.
    For us, we decided on the same clinic as my friend as we need an egg donor also and theirs you can choose from photos plus meet. The contract allows for the surrogate's payment at birth but we pay 100 USD per month for her immediate expenses. Her payment allows for loss of wages over the 9 months and other expenses. In total she is paid 10,000 USD and this is under the amount already permitted.
    Your names can go on the birth certificate, but for UK requirements we need the surrogates name on there and then this will be changed once we get a UK parental order. This means we also needed a single surrogate- if she's married it's a bit more complicated with the paperwork our end. You can email her: janineoakman@gmail.com ( she doesn't charge anything). Or I still have all the emails if you want me to forward the costs we got. Hopefully that's helpful!
    hello jenmy if you have the emails still plus can suggest soemone eg a particular surrogate then i would be greatful thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweettab View Post
    hello jenmy if you have the emails still plus can suggest soemone eg a particular surrogate then i would be greatful thanks
    Hi, yes I have their costs- is that what you need or ? I'm not sure as it seems you need someone in Queensland and not someone abroad? sorry, I'm a bit confused with your laws and don't want to say the wrong thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default we had a baby through surrogacy in QLD 2012

Hi everyone, just updating you. I am now the proud mother of an 8 week old baby boy. I'm a qld resident who went through surrogacy in QLD in the middle of last year. Our son was born March 22 2012. We couldn't be more happy. If I can help answer any questions just ask

9. The Following User Says Thank You to augonald For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your success! You certainly have been blessed! Your journey is almost at an end, but I'm sure that you're in the middle of the legal process to have QLD recognise that you are the parent of your child. Keep us all updated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we have been blessed. And yes we are in the middle of the final legal stuff. So much for going to court 28 days after caring for our baby. We still havnt seen a birth certificate yet. We are finalising paper work this week so court should be in a week or 2. If anyone is interested I have created a page on facebook/surrogacy in QLD. its just a new page but I want to help others