+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Minimiss and wlee - yes commercial surrogacy is illegal within Australia however legal for Australians to go overseas and seek it, eg, many Australians have paid for surrogacy in US and India and no problem in bringing bubs home with Aussie passport.
    I am currently going through this currently in India and it has been a very straight forward and quick process.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don't anyone take this the wrong way but I'm curious. I was a TS for a gay couple.

There are Australians who have participated in commercial surrogacy in the US, Canada, & India. They have all bee able to bring there babies home.

If surrogacy was someones last and only hope for having a baby and financially a commercial arrangement was within their reach, wouldn't they consider moving states if it meant they could achieve this dream ? I mean if it is illegal to bring a baby back from overseas that was born via a commercial arrangement wouldn't you just move states ?

I'm not trying to upset anyone, just trying to understand those who say they desperately want a child but then say the state they live in would stop them from pursuing it. Just move ! Or isn't it that simple ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving states

By moving states you have to consider jobs living arrangements all more expense. For some of us it's not so easy to just up and move states just to do surrogacy. Some can some can't. You still need an income to support surrogacy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy in Qld

Now that Qld laws are proclaimed (1st June) I haven't fully researched it but would think now Qld residents can do surrogacy in India.
    Has anyone in Qld considered or started this process in India?

We would prefer to do surrogacy in Australia, we want to be part of the pregnancy, we are still hoping for a very special person in Qld to help us. Is there anyone out there happy to help?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy

I am in QLD and I am thinking of becoming a surrogate. Are you still interested in finding somebody?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chatabox,

Thank you for reading back through my postings, I haven't been on bub hub for awhile as we have an amazing surrogate and we are pregnant. Yippee!!

If you are interested in becoming a surrogate it's a wonderful thing for someone to do. My suggestion to you would be to read as much inforamtion as you can, read the Qld legistation and been well informed. My surrogate and I individually researched all the information we could possibly find, then we shared information. It has really helped both of us understand all the requirements. We still share new information, stories that we hear from others and communicate really well.

If we can help you with information send a personal message to me.

Best of luck. It is a beautiful thing you may do, even just the thought of it is truly wonderful.

Cheers
    Last edited by minimiss; 04-03-2011 at 10:52. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by linny View Post
    can 2 ppl from qld go to vic to have it done. how is the proceedure done? i can only carry through ivf as ive had a tubal ligation

Linny, I have come across quite a few of your posts now. I see that you have only just recently decided to become a surrogate. Maybe you should do a lot of research before you offer your services to almost everybody in these message boards. As the forum rules state, you shouldn't offer more than once. What happens if 3 or 4 mothers-to-be come to you and say "yes please" at the same time. Who's heart are you going to break by saying no!?

You might also want to look into what is involved as I see you know next to nothing about it. Surrogacy is legal in QLD now so you won't need to go to VICas you have asked. You would know this if you had done even the tinest amount of research.

Maybe think about what you are emraking on a bit further before going ahead. A lot of surrogates will tell you that they thought about this for years and years before going through it. Would you be able to hand back the baby to the intended parents? Its something you can't get paid for, so you need to think about your motives for becomming a surrogate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    who the hell do u think you are? could you possibly be any ruder.. seriously! I may not know alot about Surrogecy but who are you to judge me and question my motives or intentions?? YES.. I have offered to help alot of ppl and YES.. I have actually spoken to the family or couples needing help!! YES.. I need to do more research AND in the mean time help couples that need Egg Donations while trying to form a friendship, bond and Trust with a family over the 12 months required to become a surrogate!! As I have finished my family, stopped breast feeding and have a strong desire to help, give back and forfill someones dream to become a family! I have lost my precious baby boy to Sids yrs ago so YES.. I am well aware of heartbreak.. Miscarried from having a domestic violence relationship.. So unless u know facts.. dont assume, accuse or question someones intentions or desire to wanna help! This is a new begining for me.. And an exciting Journey.. I will not have somebody like you ruin my Experience or Chance to help someone!! I have only been a New Member for 3 days.. So THANKS for such a warm Welcome!! If I would have known I was going to get such a rude response by asking questions I wouldnt have bothered!! HOW RUDE!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to linny For This Useful Post:

Lalasmooch  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry for sounding rude, and yes you are right... I could have phrased it a lot better. I was just aware that you were posting comments on every single request for a surrogate and could have potentially broken some peoples hearts when you got double or triple booked. I also know of people who have used a surrogate who was new only to have her turn around and not want to hand the baby over, which in my mind is the worst possible blow to an infertile couple.

I didn't mean to sound cynical, but most people do all their research before they contact IP's just to make sure they are in the right frame of mind before deciding to be a surrogate.

I am so sorry for your loss. What you have been through must be heart breaking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *bump*