+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Gardenia,
    Sounds like you have good plan but thought I would add my 2 cents re: IVFA.

We have just changed clinics to IVFA (Kogarah) and I am absolutely bowled over the level of care I have received since we changed. For example, haven't even started a cycle yet due to AF going AWOL but they have been closely monitoring with bt's, get back to me quickly with results and as my own FS is away at the moment I have already been contacted by the FS covering for him to discuss my situation and to give me his mobile if I have any concerns.

It has served to make me realise how unhappy and poorly serviced we really were by our prev clinic and FS, so, so far extremely happy with IVFA! Good luck to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much STARFISH for letting me know that! Im feeling a shred of light come through now hearing that.

I wish you every success with this cycle!

p.s; can I ask who you were with previously?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardenia, we were with Fertility First. Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday. I hope you get some fresh hope and a new direction! I agree the FS 'care' factor is very important for helping to keep energy and hope for this very tough journey!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moved to clinic in Brisbane getting treated as human being

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    I hope someone can help you out. I picked my first clinic out of sheer convenience because it was closer and I didn't want to sit in brisbane traffic.
    Turned out to be a big mistake and now I've moved to a clinic in Brisbane and am paying more but I am getting treated as a human being who wants a baby and had treatement made for ME instead of just another number and standard protcol.

I hope you get great reviews about IVF Australia and you get to save some $$ in the process.
    Hi Mrs P - Can I ask which clinic in Brisbane you changed to? Was it IVFAustralia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Gardenia
    Just wondered as you mention a break from DHEA, was that given to you by Genea (Sydney IVF that was).
    I am trying to find a clinic - preferably in NSW - who will give me DHEA and other stuff to help restore to health my last remaining eggs, for ART. I am 48 and out of time to be wasting on a clinic that won't try EVERYTHING. My first baby too. I am pretty desperate. Cheers. 2babees (would be great!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2babees - I am with Genea and my FS prescribes DHEA. They are more expensive, but i was previously with a clinic which wouldn't try anything different so I feel the extra $$ might be worth it. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kheeki - with Genea and DHEA

Quote Originally Posted by Kheeki View Post
    2babees - I am with Genea and my FS prescribes DHEA. They are more expensive, but i was previously with a clinic which wouldn't try anything different so I feel the extra $$ might be worth it. Best of luck.
    Kheeki thanks so much for replying! I have to decide in the next couple days which FS to go with, would you be able to tell me who your FS is please? Good to know they use DHEA, but seems they haven't achieved success for you as yet? You're not finding they treat you like a number with standard protocol and too bad if it doesn't work for you type thing?
    Best to you, 2babees

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 2babees. This is my first cycle with genea, my failed cycles are with another clinic. I am actually from Melbourne and was with Melb ivf previously. Mivf are affiliated with AUS ivf. My FS with mivf told me there was no use trying any meds or supplements as it wouldn't improve my chances because it's a numbers game. So changed to genea and my FS Devora Leiberman has been happy to try anything so she's had me on a cocktail of drugs for the last 2 months and i started jabbing today. She said her colleagues don't necessarily agree with what she prescribes but anecdotally she has success so she believes in throwing everything in which could help. She hasn't prescribed DHEA for me but her nurse asked me if I was on it because apparently she usually prescribes it dependant upon your age.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

2babees  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kheeki, thank you for your reply. I found it helpful. I wish you all the best with your cycle. You have age on your side! I wish to goodness someone had pointed out to me when I was in my thirties how difficult and stressful it is trying to do this when you're older. Big heads up to all young women out there: DO IT NOW!! Don't think for a minute that you "don't want kids" it's all too hard etc etc etc. Because the day comes when you're older that you find psycologically that you cannot move into the rest of your life happily if you haven't done what is in our psyche to do in the young stage of our life. You will suddenly be hit with the big "oh my god I was wrong, I really DO want a baby and I can't move on without one". It is the WORST feeling you'll ever have in your life, and you must take steps NOW to give yourself options to have a pregnancy with your OWN eggs, Just in case you want to when you're older. You need young eggs. So if you're not ready to start your family now, then please have a healthy dose of your young eggs put aside for that time in the future when you WILL want to do it. I spent my whole life feeling I didn't want to be a mother, and then whammy, come 40-odd - OMG what have I done. I have screwed-up my entire life. Don't let this happen to you. Your twenties and thirties are for getting married and having babies. Do NOT question it. You will be sorry. No career is worth this dreaded feeling I am living with now, and which will stay with me forever, because it cannot be changed. I truly hope this helps someone. God bless you all.