+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has anyone used IVF Australia?

HI there

we are considering doing another cycle of IVF after we just failed with our last embie.

im thinking of transferring to a more local clinic which is under Ivf australia. we are currently with sivf who are meant to be the best??

ivf australia is about 2$K less out of pocket expense though

just wondering if anyone has used IVF Australia adn what your experience was like? If you are 40 or over Id really like to hear from you!

Gardenia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope someone can help you out. I picked my first clinic out of sheer convenience because it was closer and I didn't want to sit in brisbane traffic.
    Turned out to be a big mistake and now I've moved to a clinic in Brisbane and am paying more but I am getting treated as a human being who wants a baby and had treatement made for ME instead of just another number and standard protcol.

I hope you get great reviews about IVF Australia and you get to save some $$ in the process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gardenia, i was reffered to IVF Australia after i had two ectopic pregnancies and lost both my tubes. I went to the Greenwich clinic. I found them to be very professional and all the nurses were so lovely! I also had success on the first go.
    I definately recommend IVF Australia. Wishing you lots of success!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gardenia
    I know that we already know each other from our other thread but i just had to tell you that i was with IVF Australia for 6 years (Westmead) and i cannot recommend them highly enough, especially Prof Peter Illingworth, he is the baby maker and very pro active in trying new things. Everyone from the receptionist to the nurses are all fantastic. If you want to know more you can PM me if you want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou girls so much for your replies!!

I am a bit shaken by our last negative so moving to another clinic is daunting

Its easier to stay but my heart tells me to move to another clinic as I feel like they are just using standard protocol on me. But the unknown is scary.

Im wanting to go with my Obs who did my D&C after my miscarraige and also did all the bloods to discover I had Factor V Leiden disorder. He is with IVF Australia.
    It means further delays as I have to wait to see him etc but may be worth it as I feel he cares more.

the IVF Australia is at Gosford - does anyone have any experiences with this clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same when I was at my old clinic. After I had my first appointment with the new clinic I felt SOOO much better and wished I had changed sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardenia - Go with your heart and since your new FS is already your OB go with him. I to have factor v leiden and was on clexane for my last 2 cycles.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gardenia2,

We are with IVF Aust and as I understand it a group of Drs who worked at SIVF broke away to set up IVF Aust so alot of the knowledge and technology ar the same.

Sounds like your Obs is more thorough and worth a try!

Hope teh change brings you your BFP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was with IVF Australia westmead.

We didnt get to actual treatment stage as we were awaiting Donor Sperm. But the treatment from Dr Tillee was great, he is a nice FS. Unfortunately we have decided to go with another clinic as it will be closer to where we live in sydney soon.

They are both the same price.

And it my understanding too that some of the doctors from SIVF broke away setting up IVFAust so I assume they brought some of the knowledge with them.

Hmmm...now Im unsure should I stay with my current clinic for IUI and then do one ISCI cycle with IVFAust.

Im assuming from what my DH talked about this morning it will be decided for me. He was talking about cancelling our request for treatment at IVFAust this morning.

But then again Dr Clark with our current clinic knows about my history and outcomes with the previous IUI's. Hmmm this is a confusing time.

I wish you all the best Gardinia2

TNTbub

Thanks
    Reviews
    TNT I was your age when we first saw our FS. He recommended skipping IUI and jumping straight to IVF at our age as the success rate is higher. we did this and I now have a nearly 3 year old daughter. Im not sure if its just good luck but going straight to ivf worked for us.

Good luck with it all it sounds like you have a solid plan which is good!

AFM - Appt with new FS on Tuesday and will see what he says and gage it all before deciding to go again and if to change clinics! This is so scary and exhausting. ITs a matter of can you keep your head above water to perservere and weighing it all up!