+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyToEm View Post
    We are doing home based therapy so I had to find & hire therapists it's a very very hard work but it will get easier when you hav a team & the program starts running.
    Have you decided which provider are you going to use maybe they can help you with therapists too.
    I can ask around too if you private msg me which suburb you live in.
    I added you as a friend but I don't know how to pm you. I have a few questions need help. Mummy to 3.5yr old newly diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.
    could you help me with finding aba therapist. We are in the western suburbs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyToEm View Post
    Hi babyalyssa,
    We started ABA with Autism Partnership 6 months ago ,we are very happy with them.my 3.5 year old is progressing really well,the hard part was finding good therapists I tried Gumtree & ABIA, with good therapist the progress will be quicker & easier.
    Good luck you can email me if you have any other questions happy to help.
    how do I email you mummytoem?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacant View Post
    Hello,
    We are now very unexpectantly in the market for an experienced ABA therapist ourselves. If anyone has come across a therapist who they felt was great but for whatever reason you did not employ (timings did not work, availability etc) please could you provide their details or ask them to contact me. We are working with Autism Partnership and conducting home based therapy (Albert Park) as well as a couple of sessions in a kinder environment. I have a current ad on Gum tree if anyone is interested.
    Kind regards,

Hi my name is Monamy a qualified speech and language therapist.looking for part time job as a ABA therapist.I have experience of working with children with autism from 2009 to 2011. My mob.number is 0470780183 .You can please call me for details.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepymama View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. We went ahead and made an appointment with Autism Partnership and with Learning for Life. This is very new to us, as we had no idea we'd be here a blink of an eye ago. The last couple of weeks have been traumatic as we did not suspect that our precious child was autistic. But now that we've received the diagnosis, we can see it very clearly.

It's always good to hear from parents who have actually used the services. So far we've received very conflicting advice from different professionals/people about how to help our child. We have come to a point where we've concluded that ABA therapy (Discrete Trial Learning) is the therapy that has the scientific research behind it (the Lovaas research is what has given us hope) and is what we're committed to.

So glad to hear that you have had positive results. We hope our child also has a brilliant outcome.

Do you mind if I ask whether your child was taught sign language or PECS? We're being pushed in one direction by speech therapists and another by psychologists. I'm guessing Autism Partnership and Learning for Life will have their preferences.

Hi please ease can you advise me on the therapist you have used for aba? Our son is newly diagnosed. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks Sleepymama and Vacant for all the info you guys have given. I'm a newbie and looking into joining AP. If you know of any therapist who is capable and also available, please PM me. Being a newbie, I have no idea on how to assess a therapist.
    Cheers!