+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thinking about Surrogacy in Ukraine

Hi

I'm 37 and just suffered two miscarriages, I'm now thinking that maybe it won't happen for me...

An option I am considering is surrogacy and I'm thinking about the Ukraine. They have agencies there who can assist you in finding a surrogate and the laws are favourable. It also costs a lot less then the US which can cost up to $100,000.

Has anyone had any experience with this? What do other people think of this idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ** bump **

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had anyone thought of surrogacy in the Ukraine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I did consider the Ukraine and may still go there if I need an ED plus surrogate. For now, I ended up going with Indian surrogacy with my own embryos as this is where I found that most people are going from Oz. So far it's been good - waiting on blood results if surrogate pregnant or not.
    Why did you choose Ukraine over India as I imagine India would be cheaper?
    V

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I worried that it would be more exploitative as the women are so poor over there and Ukraine is more developed.
    Also as I'm miscarrying and fertility is not an issue for me I would need an egg donor, and my grandmother is from the Ukraine so the gene thing is right. But I think if India is right for you then I applaud you. And I'd love to here how you found the network of Aussies there? I'm assuming for you the USA was too expensive for you too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Like anything - once you look into it - it's not that bad - they are well run organisations and the women are well looked after.
    I got the impression that the Ukraine wasn't as well run as India and found it fustrating to get information. Like you, if I go down the ED path - which I may do, I will definitely try Ukraine (for same genetic reasons as you).
    I found the surrogacy advisory group through BH forum about Indian surrogacy.
    Perhaps you should try some surrogacy groups/forums in UK as they may have more experience with the Ukraine.
    And yes US is expensive for me

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ukrainian Surrogacy

Hi

I understand that india may not be so bad an option. I watched the show (on YouTube) on Oprah about Indian surrogacy and it bought a tear to my eye.

I have found a good agency which is based in California which faciliatates Ukrainian surrogacy. They are part of a registered Californian adoption agency and have signed the Hague convention on the protection of the Child. They cost no more than if you want direct with their partner agency in the Ukraine. ($50,000 US). And you make the payments in part, not all upfront.

There website is http://www.surrogateagency.com/index.shtml

check them out it may be of help to you.

Good luck with all your baby dreaming. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, for a positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the website - the service looks great - I will have a better look tonight. As I said if all fails with my eggs and surrogate we may go down the ED and surrogate path in Ukraine and this website will come in handy.
    Good luck with the Ukraine and please keep in touch and let me know how you go.

Wishing you all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I will, just had AF today so back trying again this month, let me know if you get pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy

Hello,

Yes we thoroughly recommend treatment in India. we did surrogacy there 10 times! So from this experience we can safely say to others that you're wasting your time hanging about in the west!
    There's a lot of info and detail that you can get off of on www.oneinsix.com or do a search for Bobby and Nikki on the web.
    oh and if you are white and still need an egg donor, relax, most couples who do surrogacy in India are white and most couples who need donor eggs are white too and happy to use Indian donor eggs. Your names will be on the birth certificate irrespective of whose eggs or sperm was used.
    Your baby days will soon be upon you if you can shake off wrongly negative perceptions by those losing business to overseas clinics.
    Be brave and follow our lead.

We have second baby due in Aug 2010

generalzod2005@gmail.com for more our our story

best of luck