+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Hi girls, sorry to crash your thread but I am a Melbourne mummy looking to move the family to the Albury/Wodonga area. Just wondering if you have any advise about getting jobs, looking for schools and daycare.

For those of you who have already made the tree-change, any tips on relocating would be greatly appreciated Thank you sooooooooooooo much.

ooohhh a tree change
    I moved to A/W 15 yrs ago now from the city.
    I love Albury, even though I don't live in the actual town (outlying town), I used to and am in there twice a week. It's big enough to have everything you need, lots of good schools, pretty friendly etc.

There are lots of activities you could get involved in to meet people. Not sure how old your kids are? Swimming lessons, playgroup, sport for yourself?

Happy to help with specific questions. Are you interested in working in a particular area? Some areas are better to live in than others too.

Nice place though I love it.
    Last edited by Electric Rodeo; 07-11-2010 at 21:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where do you suggest I take the kids so they can meet some locals? DD is 5 & DS is almost 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just moved to albury. Looking for a good playgroup to take my bub to
    Last edited by HELPihavea2yrold!; 19-02-2012 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm from Wagga also

I think we should try and do a Wagga catch up over the xmas holidays, anyone keen on that idea ? ? ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Hi girls, sorry to crash your thread but I am a Melbourne mummy looking to move the family to the Albury/Wodonga area. Just wondering if you have any advise about getting jobs, looking for schools and daycare.

For those of you who have already made the tree-change, any tips on relocating would be greatly appreciated Thank you sooooooooooooo much.
    Hi Eeyore,

My wife and I made the move to Albury / Wodonga last month and are loving it. My advice for looking for a job, schools etc is to take a look at the recently started site http://www.evocities.com.au/ It was created to bring people from Sydney to several inland cities through-out NSW but I found it very useful.

As with many towns when your looking for somewhere to live, it depends on if you want to buy or rent, how much you want to spend and what you want nearby. With this in mind, everything, and I mean everything is within 10-15 minutes drive of anything you should need.

Our situation is that I work in town and walk no more than 12 minutes each day while my wife stays home with our 19 month old, although she is about to start work shortly.

When looking for somewhere to live I recommend domain.com and Seek.com was the best for jobs.

Happy to chat via PM if you want specific info on what I found.

Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 30somethingDad For This Useful Post:

Eeyore  (10-03-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 30somethingDad View Post
    Hi Eeyore,

My wife and I made the move to Albury / Wodonga last month and are loving it. My advice for looking for a job, schools etc is to take a look at the recently started site http://www.evocities.com.au/ It was created to bring people from Sydney to several inland cities through-out NSW but I found it very useful.

As with many towns when your looking for somewhere to live, it depends on if you want to buy or rent, how much you want to spend and what you want nearby. With this in mind, everything, and I mean everything is within 10-15 minutes drive of anything you should need.

Our situation is that I work in town and walk no more than 12 minutes each day while my wife stays home with our 19 month old, although she is about to start work shortly.

When looking for somewhere to live I recommend domain.com and Seek.com was the best for jobs.

Happy to chat via PM if you want specific info on what I found.

Good luck.
    Thanks for that link. I have only recently moved here as well. I have a 15 month old if you want a playmate for your child. Im still trying to meet some people and join some groups

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Griffith

Is Griffith classed as Riverina?

If you have been there please let me know what its like!! Pros and Cons please!! Looking at coming to work short term.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

My husband and I have just relocated from Port Macquarie to Albury for his work.

We are looking to meet some new people! We are a young family, in our mind 20's with a 21 month old son and a 6 week old baby girl.

We would love to hear from some mums in Regards to playgroups or mothers get togethers?

Would be great to hear from someone!

Thanks amie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all Well we did make the move from Melbourne and we are LOVING it!!!! It was quite an effort as I finished my Melbourne job on Dec 23rd and began my new Albury job on Jan 5th Phew...

We have a 5year old who just started school and a 23month old son. There is so much for the kids to do, especially if they love the great outdoors. As for a playgroup, my DH is staying at home while he studies and looks after DS so if you dont mind a daddy crashing the party I am sure he would be interested in coming along.

We are looking at daycare for DS just one day per week so he gets some social interaction with kids his own age. Does anyone have any recommendations? We are living south of the border.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone still around in this thread? The horse carrot thread got me wondering...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast