+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paid Focus Group in Albury this Thursday 24th June

Hi all,

I am from a research company who is recruiting people for some paid focus groups in Albury NSW, to be held THIS THURSDAY 24th June. Great way to meet other mothers!

We need people who:
    - Are pregnant or hoping to be in the next 12 months
    - Considering using formal childcare for their children in the future
    - Have children in after school care or vacation care

The discussion will go for 2 hours, and you get paid $80 for attending + light refreshments will be served.

If you are interested, or know anyone who might be, please contact us on freecall 1800 669 133 and ask for Mia, or email solutions@mcnairingenuity.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SC74 View Post
    I'm a SAHM who has also just started up with The Learning Ladder for some extra cash.
    I do 2 completely different party plan things. One is good ol' Tupperware. Tupperware is such a good product, and since leaving the husband, I have nothing, so doing Tupperware is helping me build up my cupboards again with some great quality products I know will last.

I also do Tickle your fancy (adult parties). They are so much fun and also have some great products on offer. Always enjoyable and gets me out and about and meeting new people. I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2lilPrince View Post
    Hi everyone. Ive just moved near Urana which is halfway between Albury and Wagga! Ive got a almost 6 month old little boy.
    Didn't realise they had finally set up a section for riverina.

Mum2lilprince I'm in the next town over to Urana, well country style anyway about 40km away. How do you find living out there must be a real change of scenery?

Albury is my main place to go, occasionally wagga as we are sort of half way.

I have a 4yo, 3yo and 10mth old.

Hope this thread keeps going.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I need a lawn mower :)

Just wondering if anyone in the area can help me with accumulating a working lawn mower for cheap, we really need to mow our lawn because its starting to turn into a jungle and Im worried that my daughter will get lost in it HAHA.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New Mum in Lavington

Hi everyone ,

My name is Hayley and I just gave birth on the 1st of september to my first child a son named Maximus. Am interested in getting to know anyone with children in the area, unfortunately I don't really know anyone with young children

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XmyHeart View Post
    Didn't realise they had finally set up a section for riverina.

Mum2lilprince I'm in the next town over to Urana, well country style anyway about 40km away. How do you find living out there must be a real change of scenery?

Albury is my main place to go, occasionally wagga as we are sort of half way.

I have a 4yo, 3yo and 10mth old.

Hope this thread keeps going.
    Yep, its very different living out here but Im enjoying being on the farm. Its nice and quiet out here and my DS is going to have a blast here when hes older and can ride a motorbike! I go to both Wagga and Albury as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How'd everyone go in the floods? aside from our community being cut off for a while, 21 houses here near us lost all contents, and my own place one room really waterlogged and a bit of stuff wrecked, not too bad really for us.

hope everyone else got thru it OK

zooy
    PS sure better than cyclones, drought & bushfire tho...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZooKeeper View Post
    How'd everyone go in the floods? aside from our community being cut off for a while, 21 houses here near us lost all contents, and my own place one room really waterlogged and a bit of stuff wrecked, not too bad really for us.

hope everyone else got thru it OK

zooy
    PS sure better than cyclones, drought & bushfire tho...
    Hey, we got through OK. Water surrounded the house to the back door and underneath but nothing inside damaged. Biggest problem for us it the water trashing the beautiful looking crops we had. We were stuck at home for a few days.
    Were you in wagga?, i can't rememeber.

Wonder what mother nature has in store for us next year.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not in Wagga, but go there regularly for the 'big town' stuff like supermarket, organic shop (I LOVE the Red Pomegranate, nicest organic grocers I've ever met), oppies, counselling at the women's centre and seeing bestie and her kids. it's our big weekly event the wagga trip.

sorry to hear about the crops - around here a lot of them are recovering pretty well because it drained and dried fairly fast, hopefully drowned a lot of the locusts before they really got going.

noticed early this week the ants are building high around their holes again, so I reckon we might get another big rain event. before the flood, I noticed they not only built high, heaps of them grew wings (not kidding, they do that).

the weather is looking a lot like it was growing up down here (70s and 80s) so I'm expecting a hot hot summer with the odd thunderstorm you can smell coming and an autumn that's slow to come on and nicely crisp before a wet cold winter. one thing I'm loving again after being up north is four distinct seasons and watching all the tress and flowers change. right now it's all about roses and irises at my place. and snow peas, our first crop at this new garden.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, sorry to crash your thread but I am a Melbourne mummy looking to move the family to the Albury/Wodonga area. Just wondering if you have any advise about getting jobs, looking for schools and daycare.

For those of you who have already made the tree-change, any tips on relocating would be greatly appreciated Thank you sooooooooooooo much.