+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hi sistarosa- welcome to BH

Firstly- good on you for wanting to fully bf your boys

I think the best way to help build up your supply would be to reduce the amount of formula you give the boys and put them on the breast as often as possible. I wouldn't take away all formula full stop, as it is placing a great strain on you to suddenly DOUBLE or more the current amount of milk you are making- and stress isn't great for BF'ing.
    Think about your diet too- there are foods out there great for BF'ing and ones that aren't so good. Drink PLENTY of water all day (and even sips through the night if you wake up.)

Oats and yeast are great for boosting supply, and there is a recipe in the BF section of the forum for lactation boosting cookies that use both these ingredients- they are SOOO YUMMY! (And yes- they do work, so get onto them- if you can't cook, find a friend who will be willing to help you out. Or even, read the whole thread because there are a few variations other members have made to the recipe to include all the good stuff but make it easier, such as using a packet cake mix )

Hmm... what else can I think of?
    It's never too late to build up supply- oh, if you have a health food store nearby pop in and grab yourself some fenugreek OR blessed thistle tablets- they also help boost supply. (I personally went the blessed thistle as I had heard fenugreek can give you stinky breath! )

Hope that helps- and if you need further information don't be afraid to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    im still early on (only 15 weeks with identicals) but I am so glad there is some first hand advice on here I really want to breastfeed if I am able and need all the advice I can get as this is also my first pregnancy. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jenny155 For This Useful Post:

lithiumfx  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 5 month old twin boys and tried really hard to ditch the formula top ups. At one point (2 months I think) we got down to 30ml top ups just at bedtime, dream feed and first feed of day, then they had a growth spurt!!! I've now accepted that they will prob have to keep having top ups and I try to express as much as poss so at least some of the top ups can be breast milk.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to McMummyof2 For This Useful Post:

felicita  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I didn't actually answer your question. When cutting out comps I was advised to do it gradually eg 20mls less until it was just 30 ml, then cut out one comp altogether one feed at a time. We weighed the boys weekly to check they were still putting on weight and then the following week we cut out another one and so on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! A new twin mummy here! My bg twins are 4 weeks old and I am tandem feeding... Which I love to b honest! I told myself I wouldn't put too much pressure on myself if I couldn't do it and thought it would b very stressful. But once they are both on, I love watching them look at me and look at each other! It's pretty special!
    I've just been reading through the thread re everyone's advice if feeding pillows. ATM I'm just using a stash of pillows and towels but how am I ever going to b able to feed outside my house??? My only concern with buying a pillow is that I'm a bigger Girly and worried one wouldn't fit around my waist properly? Any advice??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! I'm using 2 easy peasy feeding pillow, my boys are 5 and a half months and we still use it. You can see details on website and I'm pretty sure the lady that makes them has 2 sizes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! That looks awesome, thanku! Can you tell me how much it cost? I was looking at the inflatable ez 2 nurse pillow but was worried about the size-- love that this one comes in deluxe fit!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeding pillows

I think I paid $140 for the standard pillow in vinyl (handy for wiping), notsurrender about the deluxe price sorry

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Hi SMG,

I used a Milkbar pillow and loved it. It has an adjustable strap to fit around your waist, and even if that didn't fit, I'm sure you would know someone who could just extend the fabric on the strap with a bit of tough material?

Congratulations on your BG twins, and well done on BF'ing- it's a very rewarding part of being a multi mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to come on and tell people that understand.

A little bit about my twins - I had 2 little girls born naturally at 33 weeks. They were in SCBU for 28 days. I also have a 5 year old girl and a 3 year old boy.

We have just celebrated thier first birthday and I am so happy and proud to report that I have successfully breastfed them. They were exclusively b/f until about 8 months when I started them on solids. I had previously b/f both my other children with no hassels. I am so glad that I have made it to 12 months.....and it won't be ending too soon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekypossum For This Useful Post:

lithiumfx  (27-06-2012)